Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Birghton

John Paul Jones Song Remains the Same - Filming Locations in 2020

Recommended Posts

Thank you very much for uploading those wonderful pics.  Very cool! B) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job. Thx for sharing 

😎👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the pipe organ? I want to see the pipe organ!!!!

Hey, no shit, great job. Those pictures are amazing and I am sure you had a good time as well.

Thank you Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Beautiful, pictures, love the graveyard pictures especially!

Edited by RainbowElf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

What about the pipe organ? I want to see the pipe organ!!!!

If I recall correctly, the pipe organ is in the Alexandra Palace in London, which opened to the public in 1873. It is a grand concert organ built by 'Father' Henry Willis, one of the most famous Victorian organ builders.

 

colour70ssm.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Chris Birghton said:

How did you find out which grave it was? 

Countless hours of online research, culminating with this site: 

https://www.gravestonephotos.com/public/cemeterylist.php?cemetery=1491&limit=1

If you scroll down to Charles & Mary Baldwin and click on the GPR link for it you'll see the image. Of course, when I was researching this I had no idea it was a Baldwin, I was comparing and contrasting every stone and marker in the church yard against those that are depicted in the film.

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a high-resolution image received via the webmaster of that site:

 

 

8235.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, you were 100% right about which grave it was. There is no doubt given the location of the other Graves in the shot that this was where that scene was shot. One of the great thing about locations like this Church is they are timeless and have not changed a bit in the 40+ years since these scenes were filmed.

Edited by Chris Birghton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Chris Birghton said:

Well, you were 100% right about which grave it was. There is no doubt given the location of the other Graves in the shot that this was where that scene was shot. One of the great thing about locations like this Church is they are timeless and have not changed a bit in the 40+ years since these scenes were filmed.

So, to be certain for historical accuracy, based upon your visit/observations, which side of the cross is facing the camera in the film The Song Remains the Same? It seems to be the back, with a lighting stand placed in that open area near the tree line.

20200108_141934.thumb.jpg.53afb35c92e44fbf90ca31af4f1b59b1.jpg

Grave.thumb.png.a4e580930dfcbbfc1bdc7eb9aeb83fa8.png

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

So, to be certain for historical accuracy, based upon your visit/observations, which side of the cross is facing the camera in the film The Song Remains the Same? It seems to be the back, with a lighting stand placed in that open area near the tree line.

20200108_141934.thumb.jpg.53afb35c92e44fbf90ca31af4f1b59b1.jpg

Grave.thumb.png.a4e580930dfcbbfc1bdc7eb9aeb83fa8.png

 

Quite close to where I was standing in that photo but lower down so the cross looks alot larger! The light must have been just infront of those trees in the background. John Paul Jones is moving toward the church along the path . It is a very clever use of camera position to turn what is a very ordinary church yard into something visually stunning.

Edited by Chris Birghton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...