NAMM 2020: John Bonham signature drumsticks debuting at Winter NAMM

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

NAMM 2020: John Bonham signature drumsticks debuting at Winter NAMM

bonzosticks2.jpg

By MusicRadar  

Exact spec of Bonzo's original '70s "trees" promised

NAMM 2020: In 1964, a then little-known company in Yorkshire, England began producing drumsticks. 

The Professional Music Company, latterly known as Promuco, initially struggled to break the lucrative US market, until a certain Buddy Rich adopted their sticks.

John Bonham was one of the many drummers who then took up Promuco sticks, and quickly had his own specification commissioned. 

Original Bonham Promuco sticks are still highly sought after, and now you'll be able to get your hands on faithful reproductions of what Bonzo allegedly referred to as his "trees".

Initially available from February in the UK thanks to Barnes & Mullins, and then globally through 2020, the sticks will officially debut at NAMM 2020 on 16 January. They're premium hickory sticks made to that exact original specification, down to the legendary ‘acorn’ tip and feature Bonzo's signature logo. 

bonzosticks.jpg

You can learn more at the Promuco site here:

John Bonham Signature

Price: £12.00

Product Code: 19015JB

Throughout the 1970s John clung to his Promuco ‘Trees’ and together they created some of the most iconic and celebrated rhythms in rock history.

Now, you can own and play these legendary sticks.

Crafted from premium Hickory, they’re made to Bonzo’s original dimensions and weight and feature his original signature logo too.

Diameter:1.5cm

General:

Premium Hickory

Length:41cm

Tip:Wooden

sticks2.jpg

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

I know porgie66 will most likely be getting a pair!

😏   Well, this is a surprise! I must say...it's about time!! One thing that's a bit disappointing is the bead isn't really the same style as Bonzo's Promuco sticks. This is an acorn type bead ( legendary?? 🤔) ,  and his were more of an olive type bead. Seems like a weird choice given its supposed to be a replica. Still, this is pretty cool.  

Fun fact: Before he had Promuco's custom made, he used Ludwig 2A sticks , which were endorsed by Dino Danelli. 

I always thought it would have been a no brainer for Ludwig to put out a Bonham memorial Maple Thermogloss kit, in the same sizes as his, or at the very least, a Bonham 6.5x14 Supraphonic snare drum. Maybe we'll see those in the near future. 

Edited by porgie66

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Ludwig is reintroducing an old classic, the L203 Speed King Bass Drum Pedal that John Bonham used.

That I am looking forward to! Those sticks are a disappointment, clearly NOT made to the specs of Bonzo's ....although they might feel good to use. I'll prob try a pair. 

• 2 weeks later...