Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
porgie66

50th anniversary of Royal Albert Hall

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Fat Albert 72 said:

Doubt away my friend but it was a full film crew as far as I know. The film company held the visual rights and Zep the audio rights and there's been several fallings out over the years while trying to come to a deal.  

Zero evidence for a full film crew.   This subject has been discussed heavily and none of the pictures show an active film crew shooting the entire night with multiple cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Zero evidence for a full film crew.   This subject has been discussed heavily and none of the pictures show an active film crew shooting the entire night with multiple cameras.

Well Peter Whitehead owns the footage, it was believed unusable due to the fact that the lighting wasn't good with Zep playing at dusk. However: "Professor Chibnall said that Whitehead thought the footage was unusable due to insufficient lighting, but “it is usable because, I mean, it can be, it can be restored now. So you can raise those lighting levels, you can see more digitally,” the professor said. "

YRA5Doag.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bath would be a holy grail release.  Hopefully will be alive for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fat Albert 72 said:

Well Peter Whitehead owns the footage, it was believed unusable due to the fact that the lighting wasn't good with Zep playing at dusk. However: "Professor Chibnall said that Whitehead thought the footage was unusable due to insufficient lighting, but “it is usable because, I mean, it can be, it can be restored now. So you can raise those lighting levels, you can see more digitally,” the professor said. "

YRA5Doag.jpg

It’s only 30 mins from one camera and most of it is backstsge.  So basically not much usable except for a few minutes of one camera with poor exposure

Edited by Sticks of Fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also highly doubt the existence of full Bath footage or multi-tracks. From my memory, Bath was shot with a single camera from the side of the stage by some dude working on a documentary of sorts. I've never seen or heard any evidence that any more would exist, and I've never seen anyone try to support that conclusion until now.

6 hours ago, Fat Albert 72 said:

Well Peter Whitehead owns the footage, it was believed unusable due to the fact that the lighting wasn't good with Zep playing at dusk. However: "Professor Chibnall said that Whitehead thought the footage was unusable due to insufficient lighting, but “it is usable because, I mean, it can be, it can be restored now. So you can raise those lighting levels, you can see more digitally,” the professor said. "

YRA5Doag.jpg

Can you supply any more evidence than this? Because as of now this seems very out of left field and unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, June72 said:

I also highly doubt the existence of full Bath footage or multi-tracks. From my memory, Bath was shot with a single camera from the side of the stage by some dude working on a documentary of sorts. I've never seen or heard any evidence that any more would exist, and I've never seen anyone try to support that conclusion until now.

Can you supply any more evidence than this? Because as of now this seems very out of left field and unlikely.

Page himself confirmed the multi tracks back in ‘78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Fat Albert 72 said:

Page himself confirmed the multi tracks back in ‘78

But like...

could you show a link to an interview, or at least provide a date? Not trying to be aggressive, it’s just only providing a year is very general and doesn’t give much more context.

Edited by June72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, June72 said:

But like...

could you show a link to an interview, or at least provide a date? Not trying to be aggressive, it’s just only providing a year is very general and doesn’t give much more context.

Sure, I’ll post the interview at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fat Albert 72 said:

Sure, I’ll post the interview at some point.

Cool, I look forward to reading it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...