Zep 1975

Guy delage

I dunno, even with the nice sound,  I’ve never been able to get into that one. Can’t put my finger on it.

My go to shows for the first leg are Philadelphia 2/8, Landover 2/10, New York 2/12. That trio is great. 2/13 is loose to the point of being all over the map. 2/14 is well played but also a bit tired in places.

6 hours ago, pluribus said:

I dunno, even with the nice sound,  I’ve never been able to get into that one. Can’t put my finger on it.

My go to shows for the first leg are Philadelphia 2/8, Landover 2/10, New York 2/12. That trio is great. 2/13 is loose to the point of being all over the map. 2/14 is well played but also a bit tired in places.

To each their own, however I thought the band played better, and tighter as a whole in Montreal. The engine room (Page, Jones, Bonzo) were giving it their all and then some. Plant is the only weak link in this show but he sounds 1000x better in Montreal than he did in NY a few night's later. Sorry, but I can hardly listen to the 12th as Plant is simply horrific the whole show. At least in Montreal his performance, thought not great (even for 75'), is still passable.

Just my opinion.

To the OP's query, the show can be downloaded here:

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/file/index.jsp?R_date=1975/02/06

Personally I think this is a great show, probably the first great show of '75.  It's not as good as Philadelphia or the famous Nassau shows, but the band (and Page in particular) is definitely in a groove.  (FWIW Landover has been exposed with the soundboard, the wintry vibe of the audience recording appears to be illusory.)  Plus the audience comments near the taper are fucking hilarious.

Yea Plant's voice is still in poor shape, but overall I enjoyed this show.

Page in particular is in excellent form. Dazed is one of my favourites from the tour and it's like Page is really pushing himself as his playing is fast and fluid here.

Kashmir is also very good again even with Plant's voice. The tapers' "Holy fuck" comment when it finished bought a smile to my face. Perfectly encapsulated someone hearing the track for the first time.

The tapers' comments throughout are also worth the listen too.

Overall a good early show IMO with an enjoyable recording. I'd say it's definetly a Jimmy show.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:48 AM, johnlennon696 said:

The tapers' comments throughout are also worth the listen too.

Them Montreal '75 tapers were some serious music fans...they clearly knew their shit when it came to Zeppelin and Prog Rock in general, I mean, they knew what a Mellotron was fer chrissakes!😂

On 2/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

To each their own, however I thought the band played better, and tighter as a whole in Montreal. The engine room (Page, Jones, Bonzo) were giving it their all and then some. Plant is the only weak link in this show but he sounds 1000x better in Montreal than he did in NY a few night's later. Sorry, but I can hardly listen to the 12th as Plant is simply horrific the whole show. At least in Montreal his performance, thought not great (even for 75'), is still passable.

Just my opinion.

The engine room 👏😜👏

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

To the OP's query, the show can be downloaded here:

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/file/index.jsp?R_date=1975/02/06

Personally I think this is a great show, probably the first great show of '75.  It's not as good as Philadelphia or the famous Nassau shows, but the band (and Page in particular) is definitely in a groove.  (FWIW Landover has been exposed with the soundboard, the wintry vibe of the audience recording appears to be illusory.)  Plus the audience comments near the taper are fucking hilarious.

Yes, I agree. I think Page's solo in STH is his greatest STH solo ever.