Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Guy delage

Zep 1975

Recommended Posts

^ What a monster of a show, even Robert is not too bad for 75' but Jimmy, Jones, & Bonzo are just in the ZONE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try these sources:

20.jpg The 1975 World Tour    

The 1975 World Tour (Cobra Standard Series)

431.jpg 1975 World Tour  

The 1975 World Tour (Empress Valley Supreme Disc, original and reissue)

Snowblind (Empress Valley Supreme Disc, 9CD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, even with the nice sound,  I’ve never been able to get into that one. Can’t put my finger on it.

My go to shows for the first leg are Philadelphia 2/8, Landover 2/10, New York 2/12. That trio is great. 2/13 is loose to the point of being all over the map. 2/14 is well played but also a bit tired in places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pluribus said:

I dunno, even with the nice sound,  I’ve never been able to get into that one. Can’t put my finger on it.

My go to shows for the first leg are Philadelphia 2/8, Landover 2/10, New York 2/12. That trio is great. 2/13 is loose to the point of being all over the map. 2/14 is well played but also a bit tired in places.

To each their own, however I thought the band played better, and tighter as a whole in Montreal. The engine room (Page, Jones, Bonzo) were giving it their all and then some. Plant is the only weak link in this show but he sounds 1000x better in Montreal than he did in NY a few night's later. Sorry, but I can hardly listen to the 12th as Plant is simply horrific the whole show. At least in Montreal his performance, thought not great (even for 75'), is still passable.

Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP's query, the show can be downloaded here:

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/file/index.jsp?R_date=1975/02/06

Personally I think this is a great show, probably the first great show of '75.  It's not as good as Philadelphia or the famous Nassau shows, but the band (and Page in particular) is definitely in a groove.  (FWIW Landover has been exposed with the soundboard, the wintry vibe of the audience recording appears to be illusory.)  Plus the audience comments near the taper are fucking hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pluribus said:

That trio is great. 2/13 is loose to the point of being all over the map

Maybe loose overall, but Page was better except for OTHAFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea Plant's voice is still in poor shape, but overall I enjoyed this show.

Page in particular is in excellent form. Dazed is one of my favourites from the tour and it's like Page is really pushing himself as his playing is fast and fluid here.

Kashmir is also very good again even with Plant's voice. The tapers' "Holy fuck" comment when it finished bought a smile to my face. Perfectly encapsulated someone hearing the track for the first time.

The tapers' comments throughout are also worth the listen too.

Overall a good early show IMO with an enjoyable recording. I'd say it's definetly a Jimmy show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 1:48 AM, johnlennon696 said:

The tapers' comments throughout are also worth the listen too.

 

Them Montreal '75 tapers were some serious music fans...they clearly knew their shit when it came to Zeppelin and Prog Rock in general, I mean, they knew what a Mellotron was fer chrissakes!😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

To each their own, however I thought the band played better, and tighter as a whole in Montreal. The engine room (Page, Jones, Bonzo) were giving it their all and then some. Plant is the only weak link in this show but he sounds 1000x better in Montreal than he did in NY a few night's later. Sorry, but I can hardly listen to the 12th as Plant is simply horrific the whole show. At least in Montreal his performance, thought not great (even for 75'), is still passable.

Just my opinion.

The engine room 👏😜👏

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

To the OP's query, the show can be downloaded here:

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/file/index.jsp?R_date=1975/02/06

Personally I think this is a great show, probably the first great show of '75.  It's not as good as Philadelphia or the famous Nassau shows, but the band (and Page in particular) is definitely in a groove.  (FWIW Landover has been exposed with the soundboard, the wintry vibe of the audience recording appears to be illusory.)  Plus the audience comments near the taper are fucking hilarious.

Yes, I agree. I think Page's solo in STH is his greatest STH solo ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...