2020 NFL Thread

Walter

It’s time to forget about the comeback kids - Kansas City Chiefs - and the all-time choker Shanahan...  IT’S 2020 BABY!!!!!

Whats gonna happen in free agency? What about current contracts? Trades? Draft? Lots to talk about.  

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Miami has a truckload of draft picks & I guess I should have "optimism", at least until the season starts in September....

I think we need some blue to go with all of this red.  Anyway, I believe your fish are about the only team that might have more cap space than my Bills.  I have high hopes this year.  I believe that if Beane, the Bills GM, can make the right moves, we can WIN THE SUPER BOWL!  I mean that.  We have a solid D.  We have a very good O line. We have Singletary, and now we need a big play receiver to compliment Brown and Beasley and Knox.  We need a guy to replace retiring linebacker Lorenzo Alexander.  A linebacker.  GO BILLS!  This cold be our year. I believe we will win the East.  Brady or no Brady

On the subject of Brady, the rumors are wild. Some say Chargers, Tennessee, Tampa and even Dallas.  I believe he goes to the Chargers because he lives in LA and it would make sense. But who knows?   Free agency will be nuts.  I hope the Rams are able to keep their star players.  And I do not blame Jerry Jones for not jumping into a contract with DAk.  I do not believe in him.  I do believe in Allen.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, paul carruthers said:

Here's hoping that the new CBA falls on it's face, whenever the vote is counted...

Well it did not fall on its face Paul.  Feel happy your boys are going to get better in a hurry.  But I do not think better enough yet to stop my Buffalo Bills from winning the East.  Come on Billy boy.  Bring your fucking worst!!!

What is up with this love affair between Brady and Antonio?  There is talk he is going to try and be signed by the Bucs and Tom terrific is going to get him in the front door?  Bullshit. He is going to face fines galore and suspensions. I want to see  what happens when he throws Tom under the bus.  He is just a time bomb waiting to go off.  I say he winds up in jail eventually because he is going to explode one of these days OJ style.

Bills land AJ Klein, LB from Saints.  Also since the loss of Phillips to the Cardinals have added Quintan Jefferson from Seattle and Butler another DT from Carolina. They should just call us Carolina North after all of the players McDermott has stolen from them.  With the acquisition of Diggs from Minnesota, our offense now has ALL THE PIECES  in place.  Its now up to Josh Allen.  If he plays like he is capable, we can go very far.   The division title is something we should win.  I believe we will be the favorites or co favorites with what will be an over rated NE team.  They were on the decline anyway even with losing Brady.  I am more scared of Miami and the Jets than NE

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bills land AJ Klein, LB from Saints.  Also since the loss of Phillips to the Cardinals have added Quintan Jefferson from Seattle and Butler another DT from Carolina. They should just call us Carolina North after all of the players McDermott has stolen from them.  With the acquisition of Diggs from Minnesota, our offense now has ALL THE PIECES  in place.  Its now up to Josh Allen.  If he plays like he is capable, we can go very far.   The division title is something we should win.  I believe we will be the favorites or co favorites with what will be an over rated NE team.  They were on the decline anyway even with losing Brady.  I am more scared of Miami and the Jets than NE

Josh Allen has potential. but he's still officially a maybe. NE didn't lose Brady. Belichick is a man with a plan, a plan which doesn't include being 2nd to the Bills. Best of luck.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:46 AM, paul carruthers said:

Miami has a truckload of draft picks & I guess I should have "optimism", at least until the season starts in September....

You need Tua and we need bodies…..trade with us !  :munchies:

21 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Josh Allen has potential. but he's still officially a maybe. NE didn't lose Brady. Belichick is a man with a plan, a plan which doesn't include being 2nd to the Bills. Best of luck.

Yeah OK.  You tell me the plan with no cap, no QB and the Bills might now land Gordan from the Chargers.  That would give Allen and their defense, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox, Singletary and Gordan.  Look out bitch's

PS, I watched 4 analysts, Simms included, not Phil but the NFL  channel guy, pick the Bills to win the East.  That list will grow.  Please put me down.  On fucking record that we are going to kick some major ass!  KC comes in here.  Do not think we play Baltimore.  Tampa has a fairly easy schedule in my opinion.  Get the Giants, Wash, at Detroit and Chicago so who knows how tough those game will be?

The team to really be scared of in the NFC are the Cardinals.   I say they get in. Do not forget 7 teams get in now.  Think you are keeping my damn Bills out?  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 3/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yeah OK.  You tell me the plan with no cap, no QB and the Bills might now land Gordan from the Chargers.  That would give Allen and their defense, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox, Singletary and Gordan.  Look out bitch's

PS, I watched 4 analysts, Simms included, not Phil but the NFL  channel guy, pick the Bills to win the East.  That list will grow.  Please put me down.  On fucking record that we are going to kick some major ass!  KC comes in here.  Do not think we play Baltimore.  Tampa has a fairly easy schedule in my opinion.  Get the Giants, Wash, at Detroit and Chicago so who knows how tough those game will be?

The team to really be scared of in the NFC are the Cardinals.   I say they get in. Do not forget 7 teams get in now.  Think you are keeping my damn Bills out?  

Belichick has proven himself. He is an living NFL legend. He'll produce results with Dalton, if necessary.  And I get it. He has terrorized your division. But he's not done. 'Til he's done.  And he ain't done.

Arizona is on the rise. Agreed.

Fuck analysts. I've played and watched enough football to know what's what. Analysts are for people who are unsure how to bet their money.

Edited by Badgeholder Still

On 3/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

Fuck analysts. I've played and watched enough football to know what's what. Analysts are for people who are unsure how to bet their money.

SF will be back. Seattle's NFC West dominance is over.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Belichick has proven himself. He is an living NFL legend. He'll produce results with Dalton, if necessary.  And I get it. He has terrorized your division. But he's not done. 'Til he's done.  And he ain't done.

Arizona is on the rise. Agreed.

My Bills will win the East and will eat NE for breakfast.  Book that.  

25 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My Bills will win the East and will eat NE for breakfast.  Book that.  

Ha. With all the sports shut down, are you bettin' on the Doppler weather forecasts yet? Bettin' on which neighbor gets Covid 19 first?

I admire your unwavering support in your team. I am guilty of this every year, despite the odds. GO TEAM! But betting against Belichick... a proven winner..

Under Belichick, the Patriots have a regular-season record of 225–79–0 over 19 seasons.[120] Belichick is far and away the winningest coach in Patriots history; his 225 wins with the franchise are more than quadruple those of runner-up Mike Holovak. Belichick also has compiled a 30–10 record in the playoffs with New England, and 6–3 in Super Bowls. He has led the Patriots to 16 division titles, including five consecutive titles from 2003 to 2007 and eleven consecutive titles from 2009 to 2019. ..

...maybe the Bills will have a shot when he retires.

Edited by Badgeholder Still

On 3/24/2020 at 12:00 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Ha. With all the sports shut down, are you bettin' on the Doppler weather forecasts yet? Bettin' on which neighbor gets Covid 19 first?

I admire your unwavering support in your team. I am guilty of this every year, despite the odds. GO TEAM! But betting against Belichick... a proven winner..

Under Belichick, the Patriots have a regular-season record of 225–79–0 over 19 seasons.[120] Belichick is far and away the winningest coach in Patriots history; his 225 wins with the franchise are more than quadruple those of runner-up Mike Holovak. Belichick also has compiled a 30–10 record in the playoffs with New England, and 6–3 in Super Bowls. He has led the Patriots to 16 division titles, including five consecutive titles from 2003 to 2007 and eleven consecutive titles from 2009 to 2019. ..

...maybe the Bills will have a shot when he retires.

He has nothing to win with now.  He ha to rebuild.  Bring the bitch's on.  But you are right about this damn virus.  Will there be a season is the bigger question.  If there is I am very confident the Bills win the East.  Jets and Miami  can both beat out NE for 2nd.  I fear the Jets the most.   Miami is going to be loaded with young talent.  But it usually takes a couple years for them to gel. But they have 3 first round picks too.  Not sure if they go with Fitz if they do wind up with Tua?

My Dallas-loving younger brother only knows the Dallas Cowboys from the late-80s onward. He never saw the Roger Staubach Cowboys and my nephew doesn't even know the Troy Aikman Cowboys. So I sat them down and thanks to the magic of youtube, we watched a good ol' Cowboys-Redskins battle from the last week of the 1979 season, December 16, 1979. Winner of the game takes the NFC East crown.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

My Dallas-loving younger brother only knows the Dallas Cowboys from the late-80s onward. He never saw the Roger Staubach Cowboys and my nephew doesn't even know the Troy Aikman Cowboys. So I sat them down and thanks to the magic of youtube, we watched a good ol' Cowboys-Redskins battle from the last week of the 1979 season, December 16, 1979. Winner of the game takes the NFC East crown.

Great memories!! 

Impressed with Cleveland's moves in free agency. Love the Conklin and Hooper signings especially, should shore up the offensive line and give Mayfield a truly reliable tight end, Njoku is just subpar at best.

That said, I've been down the hopeful path with them too many times before. Gotta see it before I believe it 🙄

I'm so happy the NFL went to a 17 game schedule.  Now I can watch the Lions go 3-14 instead of 3-13.

If the Bumble-heads don't trade the 3rd pick, they're slated to draft Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah.  Considering they just let Darius Slay go to Philly for a song and a dance, that makes perfect Lion sense.  I mean who would want to have 2 able cornerbacks on their roster for the first time in my life ?  Why that would be the kiss of death !

11 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I'm so happy the NFL went to a 17 game schedule.  Now I can watch the Lions go 3-14 instead of 3-13.

If the Bumble-heads don't trade the 3rd pick, they're slated to draft Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah.  Considering they just let Darius Slay go to Philly for a song and a dance, that makes perfect Lion sense.  I mean who would want to have 2 able cornerbacks on their roster for the first time in my life ?  Why that would be the kiss of death !

The 17 game schedule and expanded playoffs is the kiss of death. It's going to become like hockey or basketball where the regular season is diluted and everybody gets in the playoffs anyway.

Is the NFL going to have the draft online? Obviously, you can't have a crowd showing up at some arena or stadium to watch the draft and players and their entourages won't want to be hanging around together, either. 

On 4/2/2020 at 6:23 PM, Strider said:

The 17 game schedule and expanded playoffs is the kiss of death. It's going to become like hockey or basketball where the regular season is diluted and everybody gets in the playoffs anyway.

Is the NFL going to have the draft online? Obviously, you can't have a crowd showing up at some arena or stadium to watch the draft and players and their entourages won't want to be hanging around together, either. 

Yeah, they have to be 'fair.' No winners and no losers. Pffftt!!

The new Broncos mascot.

NSW Police are Using a Smash Mouth Banger to Explain Social ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tom-dempsey-former-nfl-record-setting-kicker-dies-at-73-after-battle-with-coronavirus/ar-BB12blCZ?ocid=spartandhp

RIP Tom.  I was 10 years old, and I knew he was gonna make it.  It's still featured in a walk-up video @ Canton in the Football Hall of Fame.  The Lions actually won out after this game and made the Playoffs, only to lose to Dallas 5 - 0.  I remember Alex Karras throwing his helmet down in disgust.  He was an outspoken hater of kickers forever after that game.