2020 NFL Thread

Walter

Whatever mojo Pete Carroll had when he came to the Seattle Seahawks seems to have long dissipated since that infamous call at the goal line in Super Bowl 49. Pete can't be serious about wanting to hire Adam Gase as their OC? That is certifiably insane.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/former-jets-coach-adam-gase-among-latest-names-linked-to-seahawks-oc-search/

29 minutes ago, Strider said:

Whatever mojo Pete Carroll had when he came to the Seattle Seahawks seems to have long dissipated since that infamous call at the goal line in Super Bowl 49. Pete can't be serious about wanting to hire Adam Gase as their OC? That is certifiably insane.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/former-jets-coach-adam-gase-among-latest-names-linked-to-seahawks-oc-search/

I just heard about that.  That call at the one yard line was sickening.  So now McDaniels is the leading guy for the Eagles job.  They can have that idiot.  Colin says he will take more guys with him.  I wonder if Belecheck is finished?

With the extra wild card teams this year, it calls to my mind the first wild card team to win the Super Bowl…the 1980 Oakland Raiders. It is the 40th anniversary of that season and that playoff march, which began with the Wild Card game: Houston Oilers at Oakland Raiders, December 28, 1980.

This was a transitional period for the Raiders from the Ken Stabler-John Matuszak era to the Marcus Allen-Howie Long years. John Madden was gone and Tom Flores was the coach. The Raiders had traded Stabler to the Oilers for Dan Pastorini. Pastorini got hurt and Jim Plunkett came to the rescue for the Raiders. Other former Raiders on the Oilers team were Dave Casper and Jack Tatum. Bum Phillips was the coach for Houston. Lester Hayes was a beast in this game.

40 years ago today the 52 US hostages were released by Iran after 444 days in captivity.

Here's an interesting perspective on the crisis....through the prism of the NFL and a local Los Angeles reporter who was one of the few allowed to remain in Iran.

Flashback Friday. For the past few months, this Raider fan has been reliving the 1980 Oakland Raiders season which culminated in Super Bowl XV January 25, 1981. Today, I am watching the AFC Divisional game where the Wild Card Raiders travel to freezing Cleveland to take on the Browns. The date was January 4, 1981. NBC announcers Don Criqui and John Brodie. Bill Cowher was a rookie Linebacker for the Browns that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY4_ayVhH2c

Edited by Strider

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Flashback Friday. For the past few months, this Raider fan has been reliving the 1980 Oakland Raiders season which culminated in Super Bowl XV January 25, 1981. Today, I am watching the AFC Divisional game where the Wild Card Raiders travel to freezing Cleveland to take on the Browns. The date was January 4, 1981. NBC announcers Don Criqui and John Brodie. Bill Cowher was a rookie Linebacker for the Browns that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY4_ayVhH2c

Taking on Brian Sipe and the Cardiac Kids? 

Getting in the mood for tomorrow's Conference Championship games and watching the 1980 AFC Championship Game. The Wild Card Oakland Raiders continue their unprecedented playoff road journey and after beating the AFC Central Division Champs Cleveland Browns in a thriller, they head into Jack Murphy Stadium to take on the AFC West champs San Diego Chargers...Air Coryell and Dan Fouts.

The game was on Sunday January 11, 1981. Broadcast by NBC with Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen on the call.

49 minutes ago, Strider said:

Getting in the mood for tomorrow's Conference Championship games and watching the 1980 AFC Championship Game. The Wild Card Oakland Raiders continue their unprecedented playoff road journey and after beating the AFC Central Division Champs Cleveland Browns in a thriller, they head into Jack Murphy Stadium to take on the AFC West champs San Diego Chargers...Air Coryell and Dan Fouts.

The game was on Sunday January 11, 1981. Broadcast by NBC with Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen on the call.

And we don’t talk about the NFC side of that Conference Championship day....hence why I was rooting for Oakland in that Super Bowl. 

Just now, Walter said:

I don’t think we’ll get it, but Bills Mafia vs Tom Brady for the Super Bowl would be EPIC! Plus there’d be two weeks of craziness from Bills fan leading up to it! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Super Bowls won by AFC West teams:

3 - Raiders, Broncos (tie)

2 - Chiefs

0 - Chargers

So there is no way in hell I want Kansas City back in the Super Bowl. Fuck the Chiefs. Therefore, I am pulling for a Buffalo vs. Tampa Bay Super Bowl. Gotta pull for the old man Brady.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Super Bowls won by AFC West teams:

3 - Raiders, Broncos (tie)

2 - Chiefs

0 - Chargers

So there is no way in hell I want Kansas City back in the Super Bowl. Fuck the Chiefs. Therefore, I am pulling for a Buffalo vs. Tampa Bay Super Bowl. Gotta pull for the old man Brady.

Snow in Green Bay right now. Not at game time according to weather channel.  KC shows weather moving in towards end of game.  But that could change of course.  It could come sooner?  Cold and snow would help Green Bay and Buffalo I would think.  Most are picking Green Bay and the AFC game is pretty much split by most of the so called experts.  You know I have the Bills.  i am picking them to meet Green Bay.   But anything can happen as we know.  One wise guy in Vegas said, "if you like the Bills, run to the window now, the price will never be better."  This was before they announced Mahomes was a go.  Is he at full strength?  I doubt it.  The foot I mean.    If I a the Bills on D I commit to stopping HIl.  Kelce will get his. But he is not going to kill you.  Hill can.   I do not see their defense as being as good as Baltimore's.   Go Bills!!!!!!

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You know I have the Bills.  

Hahahahahaha!! 😅😅

The mental midget strikes again and dooms an entire organization for another decade.

Way to go pRickster.

I was almost rooting for those miserable buffalo buffoons but with your record of life as a perennial loser ruins everything for so many.

Shameful.

2 hours ago, Metta said:

Hahahahahaha!! 😅😅

The mental midget strikes again and dooms an entire organization for another decade.

Way to go pRickster.

I was almost rooting for those miserable buffalo buffoons but with your record of life as a perennial loser ruins everything for so many.

Shameful.

Hi Joel.  Suck my balls asshole    Bills will kick ass you punk

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

54 minutes ago, the chase said:

number 10... mixed emotions but 10th  Superbowl... Congratulations Tampa Bay and Tom Brady fans..  

I’m stoked. TB12 in the Super Bowl, at home, hopefully against the Bills!!