2020 NFL Thread

Walter

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The only problem with tomorrow is there's virtually nothing to watch at 1pm; unless I watch Aaron Rodgers make lunch meat out of the Jaguars....

😏

Didn't you have the Tampa Bay @ Carolina game at 1pm (10am here in L.A.)? That's the game I watched. Watching Seattle @ Rams now.

56 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Nope, the Jags are always on where I live. The other game on Fox now is Pitt and Cincy, but I'm too busy enjoying the Dolphins game...  :D

I see they are up.  So are we.  16-9 at half.  McDermott doing a masterful job coaching this defense with  4 starters out on D  3 Due to Covid

I had a horrible feeling when he got away, the QB.  We have 4 starters out on defense and Wallace especially.  It killed us. Cant blame Josh Allen.  Id rather this happen now than in the playoffs though.  Another music city miracle  Poyer should have just hammered Hopkins and he knows it. We will live another day.  Chargers in after the bye for an ass whipping

8 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm still in amazement, DeAndre Hopkins with four Bills around him making that grab. Buffalo still in first place, though, so the only thing to do is just keep winning & next week looks pretty good against the Broncos....

8 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm still in amazement, DeAndre Hopkins with four Bills around him making that grab. Buffalo still in first place, though, so the only thing to do is just keep winning & next week looks pretty good against the Broncos....

Looking at the schedule I am not worried.  Our toughest game is Pittburgh at home and the mystery game is at SF?  Who knows but I do not think Garoppilo is coming back.  Anyway, the rest of the schedule is favorable.  Miami has the Chiefs and Raiders on the road.  And if it does come down to it, Jan 3rd in balmy Buffalo  Should be about 20 below.  LOL.  When I got up this morning I counted this is a loss after hearing about the Covid report.  Wallace was the killer.   He would have sealed this deal

Walter, how are your Cowboys doing?  Want to bet we make the playoffs and you do not?

Other than the Eagles gagging, the only other surprise score may be the Rams beating Seattle, but I don't think there's a team in the NFC that doesn't have cracks in the armor somewhere. Maybe the Saints are the favorite in that conference after last week's thumping of Brady...

Edited by paul carruthers

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I don't know if Tua saying he thought the NFL would be a lot "harder" is going to come back on him anytime soon, but I assume he's just riding the good wave the Fins are on right now, so I'll give him a pass...

:)

The schedule is a cake walk right now.  He is going to find the waters tougher later on.  They all do.  He best not get to cocky.  I see some bets coming this week I love.  I Hope to drive up to the sports book tomorrow.  I am going to throw down on Indy over Green Bay.  .My lock of the week.  I also love Seattle because I just do not see them losing 3 in a row for one.  Arizona will still be celebrating 3 days from now.  .I have seen this trend a million times.  And Seattle will be a very angry and desperate team after getting beaten by my two teams the Bills and Rams and do not forget the Cardinals rallied to win against them a few weeks ago 34-31 I believe was the score?  The Ravens lost last night only because of inclement weather.  They will be out for blood and will take down the Titans who all of a sudden, nobody talks about any more.  The AFC West theory is in effect as the Raiders are the play getting 6 1/2 at home.  Not saying they will win outright, just cover.  Lastly, Ill take the Rams over Tampa straight up.  Once again, my lock is Indy.

I am going to say a split at worst for my Bills vs SF and Pittsburgh.  If No Jimmy G, we beat them.  WE beat them with him maybe also.  Colin of the herd is one of several national analysts that are picking the Bills to beat the Steelers at home.  I know we can.  We should be healthy come next game after the bye.  I know Wallace should be a go after quarantine.  I just do not know the situation of Matt Milano. We could really use him in the run D.  We get back our guys, we will be ready to rumble.  I know you believe our Dolphins will win the East Paul but I am going to say otherwise. You have at Chiefs and at Raiders.  Tall orders.  Bengals play everyone tough, and NE?  I think Dolphins and Bills both beat them and I hope they both do.  I do not think the division title will still be in play on Jan 3rd for your week 17 visit.  I do think you have a very good shot at the playoffs.  Miami, Raiders and Cleveland all in the mix and Baltimore is no longer a lock. Nor is Tennessee.  Indy is looking very good right now, Ill pick them to win that division. One unlucky play stopped us from going 8-2.  I assure you it will not derail our entire season.  Josh Allen is too good. And the defense is good when they are healthy and they might finally be healthy next time we play.  That rookie was playing lights out yesterday until he got hurt.  They had him on the bike but do not think he returned.  So Arizona beat us with 5 starters out on defense.  Nobody is mentioning that.   Congrats on your 6-3 record.  Someone just said its the first time Miami has been 6-3 since 2001.  I think they would have done just as well with Fitzpatrick for the record

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I don't know if Tua saying he thought the NFL would be a lot "harder" is going to come back on him anytime soon, but I assume he's just riding the good wave the Fins are on right now, so I'll give him a pass...

Wait 'til the DCs get enough tape on Tua to devise defenses for him. Then, we will see if he finds it easy.

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

"...not that it's not hard."

See if Chan incorporates more of the quick Bama slants down the road.
Have we seen much of Tua's long ball yet?
Breaking him in slowly...

Defense looks damn good.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Wait 'til the DCs get enough tape on Tua to devise defenses for him. Then, we will see if he finds it easy.

No response from the Dallas fan.  LOL. What a surprise!  Go beat the Chiefs.  Go Raiders!  I love Indy to beat the over rated Green Bay team.  I also think Seattle stops the bleeding and that is because I believe Arizona will still be celebrating.  Funny how nobody mentions that the Bills had 5 starters out on D.  Wallace due to Covid and Johnson due to Covid and Milano injured.  

^^ My eyesight must be getting really bad, because I  watched nearly the whole game against Arizona and didn't realize they were wearing "throwback" unis. I'm looking at youtube highlights now & still can't really tell the difference, except the top jerseys look like the jerseys from the old glory days of Shula and the gang. Mercury Morris. Csonka, and the no name defense; great stuff...

Edit: I see now the Shula patch on the jersey's. I missed the cold open from the announcers last week, so maybe they mentioned the Dolphins honoring Shula with the retro jerseys....

Edited by paul carruthers

19 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ My eyesight must be getting really bad, because I  watched nearly the whole game against Arizona and didn't realize they were wearing "throwback" unis. I'm looking at youtube highlights now & still can't really tell the difference, except the top jerseys look like the jerseys from the old glory days of Shula and the gang. Mercury Morris. Csonka, and the no name defense; great stuff...

Edit: I see now the Shula patch on the jersey's. I missed the cold open from the announcers last week, so maybe they mentioned the Dolphins honoring Shula with the retro jerseys....

Must be all that wrasslin' you watch. 😛