Mr. Mountain Hop’s Photoshop Thread

Mr. Mountain Hop

Hey Zepheads. I have been creating my own album covers and things for different bands and artists mainly for kicks for years. Led Zeppelin is a band with great iconography, very visual bands with their album covers we love to stare at, etc. and it all compelled me to make some Zeppelin covers and desktop wallpapers of my own. Enjoy! 

This is the front and back cover to a compilation of my favorite Zeppelin songs I made, in the spirit of the Houses of the Holy artwork, featuring both Giants Causeway and Dunluce Castle (The ruined castle in the HOTH gatefold). I had actually made this cover from a desktop wallpaper I had made a while back and shared here years ago. Here are the covers and the wallpaper both:

22720920-2C0C-4736-B5BB-A2845AF395C8.jpeg

Front and back covers of a compilation I made of my favorite Zeppelin song I named The Ocean:

166910CE-4358-4276-BFA3-B2D9C57CDF43.jpeg

ABCD1400-7259-4196-A4C6-B0406854D09B.jpeg

Way back in 1996, when I was 16 almost 17, my mom was going on a trip to England and Wales and originally it looked like I was gonna tag along and I made a Zeppelin tape made up of some songs that would fit the mood as I was looking at the lovely English and Welsh countryside. I named the tape Bron-Yr-Aur. Unfortunately mom decided to go on her own and I was disappointed though looking back I’m glad she went. Anyway, a few years ago I decided to recreate that tape with a cover featuring a simple photograph of the cottage on the cover (I didn’t add anything, no text, Zeppelin-style) and made the back cover from a photo I found of an acoustic guitar on the green ground. Not much work done by me unlike The Ocean above but hey, here it is:

40A5EC06-A830-44AE-B1C3-3AF5BE615D84.jpeg

7668F827-70F2-47F4-8FE2-2899FFAC60E8.jpeg

Here are the front and back covers to a best of Zeppelin compilation I made just yesterday:F2F5C7CD-6F5E-4E5F-89CD-0853407284A9.jpeg

3DFEBE57-AC95-4C4A-B681-8A57802F1608.jpeg

In this thread soon I will be sharing some covers of live bootlegs I made myself. No back cover for this yet but here’s the cover first one, for Montreux 1971:

E54ABEE2-9063-4DD6-B172-2A586688015E.jpeg

And to end this long post (I apologize for the size of these images), here is a desktop wallpaper I made the other day that I also used for my banner in my signature below. I really liked how this turned out:

CA9D3F69-BD17-430D-B0A8-1792B9A44F74.jpeg

Lemme know what you think. 

Edited by Mr. Mountain Hop

I am an artist (a pretty amateur one anyway) but I had graphic design classes in comm. college and that included a Photoshop class and there were some of my fellow students who were good, and I don't know if they were all artists, so... Really, I feel being good at drawing helps you more in Adobe Illustrator, and in that one, you still might not need it to do good. I have learned that the more you use Photoshop, the more you learn the functions and stuff, the better you get over time. I've been using it for like 18 years. There are still those who are waaaay better than me who've been using for less time than me. Try your hand at it, Rodrigo. Photoshop is expensive if you don't have it, but hell I've been using the multimedia computer (which has the entire Adobe Creative Suite on it) at my local library since I lost my demo disc for PS years ago.  There are ways around the steep price. 

Anyway, I will be posting more very soon, working on a few things now. 

Edit: so I won’t double post, here is another boot cover I did, using an outtake from the Houses of the Holy cover photo shoot at Giants Causeway. I actually gave this one a title unlike Montreux ‘71 above. This is A Pocketful Of Gold, Providence, 1973:

690ED4F7-6BBD-4F05-89D1-53065C00E2A6.jpeg

Edited by Mr. Mountain Hop
-

This is something I created for my 2560x1440 screen at home. Essentially I just added more black filler to get the resolution correct as I am far from an artist. Still, I love it. Very minimal.

I'd really love a collection of LZ wallpapers at this resolution. There really aren't that many out there.

1977_Jimmy_1440.jpg