Newly Re-discovered Mike Millard Recordings

Zep Thunder

Has anyone seen the recent news about Millard's master recordings being recently re-discovered by a friend of his? It sounds like the guy who gained access to them helped Mike tape shows and was recently allowed to take the tapes by Mike's mom. Some of them have started to come out on Dime, and overall there are about 100 concerts of his that we have not heard before, unfortunately it does not seem that there are any Zeppelin shows included. However, the stories posted with theses new recordings are a very interesting look into how Mike and his friends taped these concerts back in the day.

I don't believe we're getting any unheard shows, just master tapes of pre-existing shows. Apparently the 3/3/77 Queen show at the Forum was already a huge upgrade, so a masters for any of the LA '77 run would be quite exciting.

6 hours ago, Zep Thunder said:

Has anyone seen the recent news about Millard's master recordings being recently re-discovered by a friend of his? It sounds like the guy who gained access to them helped Mike tape shows and was recently allowed to take the tapes by Mike's mom. Some of them have started to come out on Dime, and overall there are about 100 concerts of his that we have not heard before, unfortunately it does not seem that there are any Zeppelin shows included. However, the stories posted with theses new recordings are a very interesting look into how Mike and his friends taped these concerts back in the day.

Was listening to a Floyd ‘75 LA show the other night that is part of the new stash. Very nice!! 

On 2/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, June72 said:

I don't believe we're getting any unheard shows, just master tapes of pre-existing shows. Apparently the 3/3/77 Queen show at the Forum was already a huge upgrade, so a masters for any of the LA '77 run would be quite exciting.

Looks like something is coming from EVSD.... Hopefully a true upgrade. Chatter at the Hotel seems to think there are no other masters.

ERIykJpUEAEWwdC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

downloading them now , i think mike millard passed away and someone close to him (i dont know who) has access to his archives ,i'm glad the black sabbath long beach 75 show came of it ,but 'im happy to hear -soon, the forum & long beach show ,i was there at two forum shows at 11yrs old (cuz of big brother) first night and 25th when keef-moon came out ,i remember not knowing who he was at time-lol  my avatar is a pic i took at first night,i ran up to barrier and snapped a few -something you could never do ,these days

1 hour ago, mikesline said:

downloading them now , i think mike millard passed away and someone close to him (i dont know who) has access to his archives ,i'm glad the black sabbath long beach 75 show came of it ,but 'im happy to hear -soon, the forum & long beach show ,i was there at two forum shows at 11yrs old (cuz of big brother) first night and 25th when keef-moon came out ,i remember not knowing who he was at time-lol  my avatar is a pic i took at first night,i ran up to barrier and snapped a few -something you could never do ,these days

Millard has been dead for a long time now and his story has been told and retold often around these parts. As for the providence of this new cache of tapes, the JEMS guys have the whole story on their site.