Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Zep Thunder

Newly Re-discovered Mike Millard Recordings

Has anyone seen the recent news about Millard's master recordings being recently re-discovered by a friend of his? It sounds like the guy who gained access to them helped Mike tape shows and was recently allowed to take the tapes by Mike's mom. Some of them have started to come out on Dime, and overall there are about 100 concerts of his that we have not heard before, unfortunately it does not seem that there are any Zeppelin shows included. However, the stories posted with theses new recordings are a very interesting look into how Mike and his friends taped these concerts back in the day.

I don't believe we're getting any unheard shows, just master tapes of pre-existing shows. Apparently the 3/3/77 Queen show at the Forum was already a huge upgrade, so a masters for any of the LA '77 run would be quite exciting.

Yeah, heard about it.  It's great news, but it would have been greater for me about 30 years ago. I burned out on bootleg recordings a long time ago.

6 hours ago, Zep Thunder said:

Has anyone seen the recent news about Millard's master recordings being recently re-discovered by a friend of his? It sounds like the guy who gained access to them helped Mike tape shows and was recently allowed to take the tapes by Mike's mom. Some of them have started to come out on Dime, and overall there are about 100 concerts of his that we have not heard before, unfortunately it does not seem that there are any Zeppelin shows included. However, the stories posted with theses new recordings are a very interesting look into how Mike and his friends taped these concerts back in the day.

Was listening to a Floyd ‘75 LA show the other night that is part of the new stash. Very nice!! 

33 minutes ago, Walter said:

Was listening to a Floyd ‘75 LA show the other night that is part of the new stash. Very nice!! 

I downloaded this the other day. Not heard it yet. Can’t wait 

On 2/17/2020 at 7:50 AM, June72 said:

I don't believe we're getting any unheard shows, just master tapes of pre-existing shows. Apparently the 3/3/77 Queen show at the Forum was already a huge upgrade, so a masters for any of the LA '77 run would be quite exciting.

Looks like something is coming from EVSD.... Hopefully a true upgrade. Chatter at the Hotel seems to think there are no other masters.

ERIykJpUEAEWwdC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The Queen show is great. I was there, too! It included some photos as well, like this one. Roger Taylor's drum kit! 

DSCF9579.JPG

On 2/18/2020 at 5:55 AM, SteveAJones said:

Yeah, heard about it.  It's great news, but it would have been greater for me about 30 years ago. I burned out on bootleg recordings a long time ago.

How come Steve? Just interested. 

Mike's YES recording showed up on Dime the other day. Good stuff!