New Bath 1970 Source

1998giventofly

1 hour ago, 1998giventofly said:

Hi all! I've been looking for the new source of the Bath 1970 show, it's the Tarantura2000 release "Bath of the Blues." Would anyone have it and be able to share? I can send you something in return if I have what you're looking for.

It's not a new source. It's the same Source 1, but upgraded (according to those who have heard it).

17 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

What's the difference who is this? I do see there will be another gimme gimme wanky discussion. Typical for such idiots like you.

The only one starting any drama or discussions like that is you. Not sure if you've noticed this-- discussions tend to be civil before you join in.

23 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

Thanks man, much appreciated. I was wondering where to find stuff that's not from EV/Moonchild.

Not at all a "gimmie gimmie" situation here, I would be willing to trade as I stated in my original post, or even buy it if I decide it's worth it.

Sure, just hit me a message if you want this and I will send him your inquiry.

3 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

You mean gimme gimme is civil? Right then...

But nobody was gimme gimme. You were suggesting to another board member to contact “someone”, to buy a bootleg. But that “someone” is you, so why the act? Your website is great. Just don’t understand the need to pretend here. Bootledz/Brannon makes himself completely visible to the public, for instance.

Edited by pluribus

3 minutes ago, pluribus said:

But nobody was gimme gimme. You were suggesting to another board member to contact “someone”, to buy a bootleg. But that “someone” is you, so why the act? Your website is great. Just don’t understand the need to pretend here. Bootledz/Brannon makes himself completely visible to the public, for instance.

But don't you understand? Anyone who doesn't immediately dish out their life savings before discussing the topic is a gimme gimme! C'mon guys, we should get it by now!

10 minutes ago, pluribus said:

He's not a member here. Again, please do not connect my person with that guy. What are u smoking, guys? You'd better to find some better dealer then.

5 hours ago, June72 said:

It definitely sounds a bit clearer, but it's not like we're listening to BBH or LTTE. Still a decent recording and the remaster did it justice.

I guess you're underestimating the importance of that show. Bath 1969 (incl. Led Zeppelin) drew approx. 30.000 people. In 1970 they were widely accepted by English press and fans. Until that point it was mainly the States where they achieved success, the festival was a turning point in their career. It is said the festival attracted some 150,000 people and by the time Led Zeppelin took the stage it was grown to 200,000 people. BTW. it is also said an excellent soundboard recording exists.

8 minutes ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I guess you're underestimating the importance of that show. Bath 1969 (incl. Led Zeppelin) drew approx. 30.000 people. In 1970 they were widely accepted by English press and fans. Until that point it was mainly the States where they achieved success, the festival was a turning point in their career. It is said the festival attracted some 150,000 people and by the time Led Zeppelin took the stage it was grown to 200,000 people. BTW. it is also said an excellent soundboard recording exists.

You majorly misunderstood. When I said it's not like listening to the other two, I meant in quality. I fully understand what made this show great, it's one of my favorites.

edit: SOUND quality

Edited by June72

2 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

The sound quality was always mediocre, but with this new set we have a much better choice of experiencing this show. I was sceptical too when I first saw this set had to be announced, knowing the fact what the label did with their previous efforts, but as soon as I got my copy I was surprised much of its quality. Of course, it's something for more advanced listeners as the quality is far from perfect, but at least it's better than numerous fan and bootleg releases available in the past.

11 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

The sound quality was always mediocre, but with this new set we have a much better choice of experiencing this show. I was sceptical too when I first saw this set had to be announced, knowing the fact what the label did with their previous efforts, but as soon as I got my copy I was surprised much of its quality. Of course, it's something for more advanced listeners as the quality is far from perfect, but at least it's better than numerous fan and bootleg releases available in the past.

Agreed, it's more smooth than anything I've heard from the show before. I'm actually impressed with the work they did to it. Surprised too, usually these jokers absolutely obliterate tapes with their "editing" work. Like "Live in the Fairy Tale," great raw tape but they ruined it with an atrocious, completely unnecessary overworking of the sound.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...