New Bath 1970 Source

1998giventofly

So I have been diving into finding the mot recent sources for the Bath 70 performance. I have read a lot into this forum about the in and outs about there being a possibility of a soundboard recording since there were extra mics on stage. Now I know that there is no actual audio proof recording that is from "the" soundboard and so I have been on the search for any new sources or remasters. It seems that I can't find this new remaster of the first source this thread has brought up and I am very curious to hear the sound difference since some claim that its an actual improvement over the original recording. I don't expect any miracles but can someone please actually share a link to where I can hear this? If not then where do I go to obtain this and can anyone give an opinion about which version of the recording is best? I keep seeing a bunch of different versions and I see that there was an Empress Valley version that was released not too long ago. The most recent version I have heard is the one uploaded by Led Zeppelin Boots in Oct of 2019. He complied two of the best sounding sources he could find to put it together.

bath70.jpg

Edited by Decker70

On 1/6/2021 at 9:21 AM, zepster1979 said:

This is outdated title. T2K had released this in upgraded quality, reported to be from real master.

Is it available anywhere? If we would ever get the video of this, which they deemed as being "too dark", that would be great!!!

2 hours ago, Mikelangelo said:

Is it available anywhere? If we would ever get the video of this, which they deemed as being "too dark", that would be great!!!

T2K’s release is identical in sound quality and content to the previous unknown gen that circulated. It’s not an upgrade and certainly not a master tape. weedwacker’s mix is the best using low gen sources for this date, which was uploaded by ZepHead315 here: 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, zepster1979 said:

This is outdated title. T2K had released this in upgraded quality, reported to be from real master.

Actually, I don't know if this is outdated: I downloaded it again and I got 2 first files okey. Did it not download for you or...? Or you meant that the title was outdated? Do I remember correct: Peter what's-his-name? filmed 20-30 minutes of the Bath show, but it's picture only, with no audio...

Edited by Mikelangelo

On 1/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, ed141 said:

T2K’s release is identical in sound quality and content to the previous unknown gen that circulated. It’s not an upgrade and certainly not a master tape. weedwacker’s mix is the best using low gen sources for this date, which was uploaded by ZepHead315 here: 

Completely wrong, dude. I have a copy of supposed master tape and it does sound better and brighter than any past copy. Comments over.

9 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Completely wrong, dude. I have a copy of supposed master tape and it does sound better and brighter than any past copy. Comments over.

That is completely untrue. For the purpose of comparison, I've made this, which switches between the low gen and the T2K release multiple times throughout. The sound quality is identical between the two.

Either share this supposed master tape or stop spreading lies.

Edited by ed141

23 minutes ago, Mikelangelo said:

How many sources of this show are available and are they all in circulation or are there still supposed soundboard tapes or something? I read that they were looking for audio to mix with the video. I wonder if we´ll ever see any of that. Besides that half a minute clip...

There are two audience tapes of this show. The better quality one was used for the Krishna LP and circulated as a full tape in relatively poor quality until an superior version was shared in 2010. This is what was used for the T2K release, which they falsely claimed was from the master tape. A poor quality alternate source also circulates. The "half a minute clip" you're referring to is not the pro footage, but from an 8mm film. About 20 to 30 minutes of pro footage is confirmed to exist.

Edited by ed141

14 hours ago, ed141 said:

There are two audience tapes of this show. The better quality one was used for the Krishna LP and circulated as a full tape in relatively poor quality until an superior version was shared in 2010. This is what was used for the T2K release, which they falsely claimed was from the master tape. A poor quality alternate source also circulates. The "half a minute clip" you're referring to is not the pro footage, but from an 8mm film. About 20 to 30 minutes of pro footage is confirmed to exist.

Completely wrong!