New Bloomington 75 Soundboard Snippets

ZepHead315

I think it's safe to say, with Plant basically nailing The Wanton Song here, that this could be one of the best shows of 1975.

Sure, it definitely won't be Page's best show ever, but with Wanton, Levee, possibly How Many More Times, and any other surprises that may be in store, in crystal clear sound no less, this would be the epitome of awesome!

I'm praying more surfaces soon...

Yeah, no question about it, this has quickly become a very interesting grail. Sounds like we're not gonna be hearing it any time soon though, unless anyone has 20,000 bucks lying around. Of course I wouldn't be opposed to crowd funding, 😄

2 hours ago, June72 said:

Yeah, no question about it, this has quickly become a very interesting grail. Sounds like we're not gonna be hearing it any time soon though, unless anyone has 20,000 bucks lying around. Of course I wouldn't be opposed to crowd funding, 😄

I'd contribute. 

5 hours ago, June72 said:

A few others on Royal Orleans have also supported the idea. If more people both here and over there support it, I'll make sure the word gets around and try to get it off the ground.

I was just mentioning this in the New Soundboard thread!!! Who knows how long it'll be before someone ponies up the dosh.

16 hours ago, June72 said:

I’d throw in $500 but I’m not a member over there

20 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I’d throw in $500 but I’m not a member over there

As far as I'm concerned, this is not restricted to RO members. Anyone willing to chip in is appreciated in my book, and the recording would be made public once it's in our hands (again, as far as I'm concerned. This hasn't quite lifted off yet so the logistics haven't been set in stone.)

23 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

A couple of very brief snippets of the soundboard for this show have surfaced.

See this thread for more info: http://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46657

Hi mate, 

I heard this last night, but now i can't get onto the site or the link again. Would there be any chance you let me have an MP3 of the snippet? I heading out for a three hour cycle this morning.....i'd love to listen to this as well as the 928 sbd (which i have just downloaded). 

Hope you're good

4 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hi mate, 

I heard this last night, but now i can't get onto the site or the link again. Would there be any chance you let me have an MP3 of the snippet? I heading out for a three hour cycle this morning.....i'd love to listen to this as well as the 928 sbd (which i have just downloaded). 

Hope you're good

PM sent.

17 minutes ago, kirchzep27 said:

Why would the band have better material out there on bootleg, than they officially release?

It does not make sense, they should catch up in the marketing world already. 

At this point I'm not sure they care all that much unfortunately. They couldn't even be bothered to fix the mess of the TSRTS reissue or to include Tangerine/Communication Breakdown/Thank You on the HTWWW reissue (there wouldn't even be any outside royalty issues there), so a whole new release seems out of the question. At least at this point.

Edited by 1998giventofly

7 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

At this point I'm not sure they care all that much unfortunately. They couldn't even be bothered to fix the mess of the TSRTS reissue or to include Tangerine/Communication Breakdown/Thank You on the HTWWW reissue (there wouldn't even be any outside royalty issues there), so a whole new release seems out of the question. At least at this point.

Truly baffling. 

I just realized that if/when the complete tape surfaces, it will be the first post-1970 North American tour opener we have in its entirety!

1971:     August 19 Vancouver is missing

1972:     June 6 Detroit surfaced last year, but only the second half of the show

1973:     May 4 Atlanta is missing

1975:     January 18 Minneapolis we now know exists at least 🙌

1977:     April 1 Dallas is missing

I wonder why so many tour openers are missing 🤔 They can often be interesting, from a setlist experimentation perspective at the very least.  Look at the first show of the Stones' '72 tour in Vancouver -- only time they ever played "Ventilator Blues," one of three performances of "Torn And Frayed" (the other two were in 2002) and one of the few times they played "Loving Cup" that year.  I realize we probably would have read about it by now in people's accounts of the shows if any of the above Zepp shows had similar rarities, but you never know...

10 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

I just realized that if/when the complete tape surfaces, it will be the first post-1970 North American tour opener we have in its entirety!

1972:     June 6 Detroit surfaced last year, but only the second half of the show

I wonder why so many tour openers are missing 🤔 They can often be interesting, from a setlist experimentation perspective at the very least.  Look at the first show of the Stones' '72 tour in Vancouver -- only time they ever played "Ventilator Blues," one of three performances of "Torn And Frayed" (the other two were in 2002) and one of the few times they played "Loving Cup" that year.  I realize we probably would have read about it by now in people's accounts of the shows if any of the above Zepp shows had similar rarities, but you never know...

I still can't believe the '77 one is missing. I posted on another thread: The world's biggest band start their first tour for more than 2 years and nobody taped it?!! It must be out there.

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

I still can't believe the '77 one is missing. I posted on another thread: The world's biggest band start their first tour for more than 2 years and nobody taped it?!! It must be out there.

5-25-1975 was the last one, so actually it's just a a bit less: 22 months and 1 week...😜😂

13 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Interesting but certainly just a coincidence.   Maybe because they were in somewhat oddball places rather that at MSG or the LA Forum etc. 

1 hour ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Interesting but certainly just a coincidence.   Maybe because they were in somewhat oddball places rather that at MSG or the LA Forum etc. 

Oddball? This was the 6th consecutive concert at "Dallas Memorial Auditorium". Of which the last 3 are SBD, so, maybe....😉 just maybe...