LZ3 A3 / B3 Test Pressing

Ashtray

I have an A3/B3 test pressing of Led Zeppelin III – no other copy of this version has so far been documented. Two A2/B2 test pressings have been sold in the past (one in 1987 and one in 2014) but no A1/B1, A4/B4 and until now, no ‘third’ test pressing copies.

I am looking to sell this test pressing to the highest bidder and am looking for advice as to the best platforms available to achieve the greatest exposure for this sale.

Ebay, start as auction from minimum bid you want and I bet you'll end with very high price. Be sure to picture your item in the best way possible, to show all the details, and to make your pics in very high resolution. Grade your item first and use Record Collectors guide and follow their rate system.

1 hour ago, zepster1979 said:

Ebay, start as auction from minimum bid you want and I bet you'll end with very high price. Be sure to picture your item in the best way possible, to show all the details, and to make your pics in very high resolution. Grade your item first and use Record Collectors guide and follow their rate system.

Okay, thanks.

Ebay is a great platform for long-time reputable sellers who have built a strong following. If you are a first-time seller, you likely will get ignored because unfortunately there are a LOT of charlatans out there, and a test pressing is easy to fake. I suggest you find someone knowledgeable about these things to check it out first. Tell us where you are and I'm sure someone here can suggest some names.

On 2/29/2020 at 6:14 AM, Pb! said:

Ebay is a great platform for long-time reputable sellers who have built a strong following. If you are a first-time seller, you likely will get ignored because unfortunately there are a LOT of charlatans out there, and a test pressing is easy to fake. I suggest you find someone knowledgeable about these things to check it out first. Tell us where you are and I'm sure someone here can suggest some names.

Thanks for the advice regarding eBay. As for expert validation, I've already had that done by the one and only Neil Priddey, but thanks again. 
Follow this link;
https://rarerecordcollector.net/2018/09/30/is-this-the-rarest-ever-led-zeppelin-record/

Hi Ashtray,

Interesting find.  The article you linked to is from September 2018.  So this is the second example found, or do you know if it's the same example, as the one that is mentioned in the write up?  I'm guessing this is a second example.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

55 minutes ago, Sems Fir said:

Hi Ashtray,

Interesting find.  The article you linked to is from September 2018.  So this is the second example found, or do you know if it's the same example, as the one that is mentioned in the write up?  I'm guessing this is a second example.

Robert

www.anextranickel.com

Hi Robert,
No, this is the same one, it's just that I've had a lot on and what with the Mother-in-Law passing away recently, it's kinda taken a back seat. But now it's back on my list of things that I need to get done.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I'm digging out this old topic because the website detailing the A3/B3 test press doesn't work anymore. I was wondering if you ever got round to selling yours and if so, at what price? My uncle swears he has an A5/B5 test press in his attic with his other "old stuff". Any idea how much that'd be worth today? It's in near perfect condition according to him...