Zeppelin wins STH case AGAIN!

Wolfman

Below is a link to a piece I put together for my legal website about Skidmore v. Led Zeppelin.  Like my other case reviews, it is directed to junior and mid-level intellectual property lawyers (or more senior lawyers looking for a high-level, bullet-point summary) and is a bit "legalistic."  Nevertheless, it might, in whole or in part, be interesting and helpful to non-lawyers seeking to understand what the allegations actually were and what the court of appeal actually decided.  

For example, on the first page I show the infringement allegations visually using a reproduction of the relevant portions of the Taurus and Stairway scores, with explanation bridging pages 1 and 2.  On page 3 is a brief summary of the key points in the 9th Circuit decision.  For those curious, the remainder reviews the relevant basic ("black letter") copyright law, how that law applied to the facts of this case, and how the law was changed by this case. 

Archetype IP - Federal Circuit Friday (March 2020)

If for any reason the above link does not work you can go to my landing page and look near the bottom:  http://archetype-ip.com