Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Walter

COVID-19 (Wuhan Coronavirus)

40 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I mean why doesn't he just go on the Dr. Phil show already? Good grief. 

Image result for far side 'peelings' cartoon

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, redrum said:

49688561577_037683bdc8_m.jpg

Edited by The Rover

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'd like to educate that Sheriff. American citizens, not convicted of a felony, do not require a license to purchase in a panic or not as many firearms as they wish.

^^^THIS! 

In reality the 2nd Amendment doesn't grant us any natural right we  didn't already have. All it does is PROTECT the citizens from the government taking away that right. And what the Sheriff of Los Angeles County is doing is taking away peoples natural right and their constitutionally protected right as well.

Under any test of rational thinking, if ANY person uses a firearm to protect themselves or other innocent people from being killed---even if they didn't have a license for that gun... which prosecutor would prosecute them and for what, staying alive in the face of death?  If a person used a firearm to stop a mass shooter at a school but didn't follow every law in getting that gun... how are they a criminal? Wouldn't that person be a hero?

Not trying to derail this thread, but when or if things get really bad and desperate in some parts of this country with this virus, people should have the ability to defend themselves, especially since law enforcement right now is basically telling Americans in large cities that the police are not able to enforce all laws, and may not be able to respond.

When all hell breaks loose, you may want some "roof Koreans" nearby to stop the "zombie" attack.

la-1493335073-0vba34od1y-snap-image

roofkoreans.jpg

Edited by kipper

3 hours ago, kipper said:

^^^THIS! 

In reality the 2nd Amendment doesn't grant us any natural right we  didn't already have. All it does is PROTECT the citizens from the government taking away that right. And what the Sheriff of Los Angeles County is doing is taking away peoples natural right and their constitutionally protected right as well.

Under any test of rational thinking, if ANY person uses a firearm to protect themselves or other innocent people from being killed---even if they didn't have a license for that gun... which prosecutor would prosecute them and for what, staying alive in the face of death?  If a person used a firearm to stop a mass shooter at a school but didn't follow every law in getting that gun... how are they a criminal? Wouldn't that person be a hero?

Not trying to derail this thread, but when or if things get really bad and desperate in some parts of this country with this virus, people should have the ability to defend themselves, especially since law enforcement right now is basically telling Americans in large cities that the police are not able to enforce all laws, and may not be able to respond.

When all hell breaks loose, you may want some "roof Koreans" nearby to stop the "zombie" attack.

la-1493335073-0vba34od1y-snap-image

roofkoreans.jpg

The media had the nerve to call the Koreans protecting their places of business 'vigilantes.' The cocksuckers stayed away didn't they?

4 hours ago, redrum said:

The media had the nerve to call the Koreans protecting their places of business 'vigilantes.' The cocksuckers stayed away didn't they?

Those Koreans are heroes in my book.

This is interesting:

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/03/24/heres-what-the-cdc-says-about-the-test-for-the-coronavirus/

The referenced government document is here (p 3):

https://www.fda.gov/media/134922/download

I knew when the media started talking about PCR here that something was fishy.  The developer of the test, Kary Mullis (who was awarded the Nobel Prize for his work), was always adamant that the test was not meant to detect viral loads and establish causation.  I just found out that he died back in August, with very little media attention.

21 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Those Koreans are heroes in my book.

:thumbsup:

Boris Johnson tests positive for virus.

Just been out for the first time this week for coal and kindling. Went to the supermarket but was told it's one in one out and the wait was at least 20mins. Only needed an onion so left. Fortunately found one in veg basket. Phew !!

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Boris Johnson tests positive for virus.

Just been out for the first time this week for coal and kindling. Went to the supermarket but was told it's one in one out and the wait was at least 20mins. Only needed an onion so left. Fortunately found one in veg basket. Phew !!

He also tested positive for most ridiculous hair on a world leader.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:26 AM, kipper said:

Wasn't sure if I should post this in the 'Stupid People' thread or not, but I think it applies to this thread and a conversaton of where we end up going policy wise when react badly to this epidemic by making things worse.

I personally don't understand why the Los Angeles county Sheriff would refer to people's rights as a "loophole"?  Meanwhile pot shops are considered "essential businesses"... you can't make this stuff up.

If a gun store is not "essential" how is a hardware store essential?????   If someone needs a gun (legally) to protect themselves at a time where the city is releasing convicted criminals due to the virus, and telling police officers to only enforce the most serious crimes like rape and murder---  Why would they not want people to be able to protect themselves?

Well, here it is:

From a response to the LA Sheriff not allowing gun stores to be open as essential during the lockdown:

1) Guns have only two enemies – rust and politicians.
2) It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
3) Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
4) The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes,
the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
5) If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!
If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid
about?
6) Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police
do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

****** Right now we may feel that we don't need a weapon,
but if our guns are taken away, we will need one
very soon. PLEASE REFER TO #1

19 minutes ago, The Rover said:

From a response to the LA Sheriff not allowing gun stores to be open as essential during the lockdown:

1) Guns have only two enemies – rust and politicians.
2) It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
3) Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
4) The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes,
the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
5) If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!
If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid
about?
6) Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police
do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

****** Right now we may feel that we don't need a weapon,
but if our guns are taken away, we will need one
very soon. PLEASE REFER TO #1

:thumbsup:

You are not an essential worker.

Schindlers list GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The UK's Health Minister and Chief Medical Officer have both gone down with coronavirus - farcical embarrassment and shame on par with when we had a Chancellor of the Exchequer who'd once failed a maths test to be a bus conductor! This country's a joke, man.  

2 hours ago, Brigante said:

The UK's Health Minister and Chief Medical Officer have both gone down with coronavirus.  

I'm not surprised as they attend many of the same meetings as the Prime Minister, who also tested positive.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

90987366_10156836035322321_5992128849989599232_n.jpg

🤣

On 3/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, chillumpuffer said:

One thing as I browsed the empty shelves was that there was hardly any wine or beer. Not a problem for me as in the village there is a wine and beer shop.

Here in Ohio I've been to a couple grocery stores where most brands of beer were at least depleted in stock, but I always see full stocks of Corona. For some reason, people seem to be refusing to buy it 🙄

What was it that George Carlin said? "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

7 hours ago, Strider said:

90987366_10156836035322321_5992128849989599232_n.jpg

Remember, these are the people "in charge".

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That is astounding.

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Beware of any American network news source. The last thing they are is objective. They may, on occasion, stumble on to and present somewhat accurate information, but this is not a result of journalistic integrity. They exist and persevere because their content supports people's inbred political agendas.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

My sister lives on Guam. Hasn't capsized yet. Couldn't believe the general didn't bust out laughing. 😆 James Cameron might know since he's been to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. 

Edited by redrum