Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ed141

1973.07.12 Detroit source 2

5 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Because guys like you wants everything for free. This is what I think. We all know that labels like EV have had to pay some serious cash for uncirculated tapes. Then assholes like you are yelling everywhere just because you cannot get these tapes for free. Are you so stupid to not understand that even fuckin' bootleggers have to pay for something? This is the real world we're living in. It's called capitalism. I hate it but what I can do to change it? Cryin' all around for a free download? Calling bootleg buyers a bastards because they don't wanna share with anything with you? There were rhetorical questions because you completely don't understand this. And this is the reason why I'll still calling you a dumb.

internet-tough-guy_o_1120814.jpg

On 4/28/2020 at 7:27 PM, pluribus said:

It wasn’t the master. That’s a fact, proven by spectral analysis matching it to the 2nd gen that came out in 2009, just with the bass frequencies ridiculously cranked up.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:21 AM, pluribus said:

I doubt that it will be any good. I had hopes that they had changed their ways with releasing legitimate releases, but the Bath 1970 boxset turned out to not really be from the master tape after all. And the “Enigma” mastering sounded like they just turned the bass up as high as it would go. The low gen Bath source sounds much better.

I am happy with the T2K Bath boxset, it has far better sound quality compared to older/different titles I know. Sorry, I am not able to relate to your critic about the "ridiculousy cranked up" bass frequencies. Hearing this release on my stereo system I simply can´t detect any trouble with the level of the low end. Funny, as to my ears the main sound problem are the guitar and the voice, sometimes suffering heavy distortion and overdriven sound. But this is not due to bad mastering, or the fault of any bootleg label, this is just he nature of the original tapes. The band must had advised their soundman to crank it up to eleven, no matter how the soundquality suffered. By the way, I do have boots with a critically high bass level, these are Empress Valley releases.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

I am happy with the T2K Bath boxset, it has far better sound quality compared to older/different titles I know. Sorry, I am not able to relate to your critic about the "ridiculousy cranked up" bass frequencies. Hearing this release on my stereo system I simply can´t detect any trouble with the level of the low end. Funny, as to my ears the main sound problem are the guitar and the voice, sometimes suffering heavy distortion and overdriven sound. But this is not due to bad mastering, or the fault of any bootleg label, this is just he nature of the original tapes. The band must had advised their soundman to crank it up to eleven, no matter how the soundquality suffered. By the way, I do have boots with a critically high bass level, these are Empress Valley releases.

I see you've decided to switch accounts again to defend your beloved T2K (or rather, your income stream).

Edited by ed141

On 4/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, zepster1979 said:
17 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Oh really? Calling me a bootlegger isn't disrespectful?

Let me remind you how this all got started.....

Poor pluribus....if you could only get chance to get some appropriate gear to listen to that set loud...but this is what it is - some compact computer speakers and iPhone in the hand and here we have a final statement from forum's expert. You should stay where you were before, dude. You have absolutely no idea of how the master was leaked out and you only repeating of other people have said. 

2 hours ago, ed141 said:

I see you've decided to switch accounts again to defend your beloved T2K (or rather, your income stream).

Switch accounts, income stream??? What are you talking about?

I am not the "defender" or spokesman of any bootleg label, nor a bootleg trader. 

I was just responding to pluribus` opinion about the bass level, as I have not any trouble listening to this CD without altered, equalized signal.

Got it?

5 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

By the way, I do have boots with a critically high bass level, these are Empress Valley releases.

Which ones? I've always found their masters to be pretty flat on the EQ.

4 hours ago, ed141 said:

see you've decided to switch accounts again to defend your beloved T2K (or rather, your income stream).

Nah, the sentences are actually coherent.

4 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Let me remind you how this all got started.....

Poor pluribus....if you could only get chance to get some appropriate gear to listen to that set loud...but this is what it is - some compact computer speakers and iPhone in the hand and here we have a final statement from forum's expert. You should stay where you were before, dude. You have absolutely no idea of how the master was leaked out and you only repeating of other people have said. 

True as that.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:26 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Which ones? I've always found their masters to be pretty flat on the EQ.

The Great Beast 666 (Montreux 70), the  Geisha Box (929 SB) & Deus Ex Machina (Seattle 75 SB) comes to mind. These releases are "blessed" with an exceptionally strong bass, especially the very low frequencies. Got to take care with the volume, as these boots are certainly not neighbor-friendly. The bass level of the Bath T2K is nowhere near to the level of the EV boots mentioned.

On 4/30/2020 at 1:37 AM, zepster1979 said:

Oh really? Calling me a bootlegger isn't disrespectful?

I will gladly call you a bootlegger, repeatedly, as I have done for the last dozen or so years now, because that is EXACTLY what you are, AA. We outed you for yer TCOLZ shilling over at RO back in 2008, remember? I saved the fuckin' discussion thread for posterity, maybe I ought to post that motherfucker here for all the world to see, eh? QUIT TRYING TO PRETEND TO BE SOMEBODY OTHER THAN WHO YOU ARE- AA, THE "ZEPSTER1979" MONIKER AIN'T FOOLING ANYBODY, either here or at RO. You have had ZERO credibility within the Zeppelin community for over a decade, I don't know why you even bother participating anymore, you must be one of the biggest gluttons for punishment in the world.

I will hound you for all eternity until you come clean and admit that it was YOU who fucked up everybody's opportunity to hear Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 and NOLA '71 tapes by telling the guys at TCOLZ the shows were coming out. Don't even try to deny it. Twelve fucking years later, and I'm STILL pissed about it. Same goes with Adam Harbaugh ("Javit") over at RO hoarding the Indianapolis '77 tape and then bragging to me about it...you two motherfuckers earned the wrath of the King Of '77, and I will never let either of you bastards or anyone else in this community forget it!

You have some shitty taste then, but it's nothing strange as usually you're treating people like this since ages. 

Do you wanna that Baton Rouge, huh? No fuckin' way! There's no chances to get that tape because ... i don't have it. And even if I could come up and get that tape, I wouldn't share this with you because of some obvious reasons. You're a restitutionary loser, true as that. 

Just heard the Detroit 7/12/73 release by Tarantura 2000.

Again, terrible. The bass frequencies on the very lowest end of the spectrum have been jacked up again, which creates this awful low-end rumble across the entire recording, just like they did on the Bath and Boston "Enigma" remasters.

Don't take my word for it. Go to Black Beauty, and compare the main source to the JEMS version from the master.  Night and day. One sounds natural, and faithful to the source. The other sounds like someone just discovered how to use a low quality equalizer and cranked up all the wrong frequencies.  

With the new source, sounds like they dropped the left channel and did the same thing. Cranked up the low-end to oblivion. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, pluribus said:

Just heard the Detroit 7/12/73 release by Tarantura 2000.

Again, terrible. The bass frequencies on the very lowest end of the spectrum have been jacked up again, which creates this awful low-end rumble across the entire recording, just like they did on the Bath and Boston "Enigma" remasters.

Don't take my word for it. Go to Black Beauty, and compare the main source to the JEMS version from the master.  Night and day. One sounds natural, and faithful to the source. The other sounds like someone just discovered how to use a low quality equalizer and cranked up all the wrong frequencies.  

With the new source, sounds like they dropped the left channel and did the same thing. Cranked up the low-end to oblivion. 

If you're so upset with what you've heard, why don't you prepare your own version? We all we'll be much grateful to hear something that sounds better than this, true as that. However, I have some feeling saying that you can only criticize everything that hasn't met your personal taste, and you're trying to persuade everyone that your opinion is the most valuable. 

Do your own remaster and show your abilities. I am not in a position of judge anyone's work except of what I tend to think about of what I have heard but since I am not the only one who was quite satisfied with these remasters, I am quite sure that you're still missing the point of that discussion.

Once again: do your own version and let us know about that. You can ever contact the label and offer your skills. Do this and don't waste your time.

Edited by zepster1979

I don't need to do my "own" version. The JEMS version of Source 1 and the lowgen of Source 2 speak for themselves.  Just as Tarantura 2000's legacy speaks for itself as well. Overdone EQ, false advertising of being sourced from masters, overpriced re-hashes. Even their very first release as the "new" Tarantura, Four Cards, was the wrong date.  

It seems that my opinion is getting to you more and more. I wonder why that is?  Why would my opinion be worth less than yours?  I point out my observations, and back them up with examples. 

Hmmm....what COULD the reason be why you stick up for the Tarantura 2000 label so much?  What possible reason would you have to lose it each time someone criticizes their releases?  Believe me, it's not just me who is not a fan. Again, see Bootledz own reviews.  Search Underground Uprising archives. Search wherever you'd like. 

Please, I encourage anyone to go and download the JEMS version of 7/12/73 and compare it to Tarantura 2000. Same with the lowgen of the 2nd source, currently on Dime. Compare it with the Tarantura 2000 version and listen for that horrible low-end rumble that comes from "whoever" it was that did the mastering by bumping up the low-end frequencies to the point of overload.

Posted (edited)

Tell that again - change your gear, and we can talk. I am not saying that T2K's remasters are fantastic - as everything in this matter it's just a personal taste - but it's clear that you even cannot tell the difference between two copys of the same tape per our discussion related to the Boston show, where we compared two low gen recordings taken from a single source. 

I don't care much about your opinion. I am more thinking of how stubborn you're are if you're still trying to fight with something that's obvious, that's all. As said, everything in this matter is strictly subjective but if you even cannot invest some $ to upgrade your equipment, then it's a complete waste of time explaining you of how important that thing is when it comes for examining the quality of recording. I have checked few of your "reviews" and seems like you're still complaining about almost everything that has been done also by some users.

You may ignore my opinion, but you did the same with the others. It tells everything. Good luck with your fight. I have no doubts that some teenagers would come up eventually and you both can start some exclusive groups of complainers.

Edited by zepster1979

Keep fluffing for that label, man. Hope you’re getting good money for it. Again, there’s no need to take my word regarding the poor quality. Google is your friend. Bootledz, RO, Underground Uprising. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 2:58 PM, Nutrocker said:

opportunity to hear Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 and NOLA '71

A hoarded tape of the New Orleans show on 8.29.1971? Do you know some details? AUD, SB, sound quality or length of the recording?

Edited by Autumn Moon

Its hard to believe these same arguments are still going on. . And why these wonderful shows cant get the respect they deserve and all the nonsense is put asidewith all the stuff we are dealing with. . JMO

On 5/31/2020 at 10:21 AM, pluribus said:

Keep fluffing for that label, man. Hope you’re getting good money for it. Again, there’s no need to take my word regarding the poor quality. Google is your friend. Bootledz, RO, Underground Uprising. 

AA the EVSD shill.jpg

8 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

A hoarded tape of the New Orleans show on 8.29.1971? Do you know some details? AUD, SB, sound quality or length of the recording?

I know no details beyond Freezer taping it. I have heard his '71 Allman Brothers recordings, which are pretty much the usual Freezer standard (as in excellent stereo sound etc), so if the '71 NOLA Zep show sounds anything like those...it's his '77 Baton Rouge recording that I'm holding out for- based on his other tapes from that era that fucking thing is probably on par with Millard's recordings.

1 hour ago, Nutrocker said:

AA the EVSD shill.jpg

Good luck with your service. is it  a crime selling something that was bootlegged by someone else? I even shouldn't ask because I know the answer.

18 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

I know no details beyond Freezer taping it. I have heard his '71 Allman Brothers recordings, which are pretty much the usual Freezer standard (as in excellent stereo sound etc), so if the '71 NOLA Zep show sounds anything like those...it's his '77 Baton Rouge recording that I'm holding out for- based on his other tapes from that era that fucking thing is probably on par with Millard's recordings.

Thanks, Nutrocker. I hope these shows will see the light of day somehow, someday.