RIAA says ripping cds is illegal

Jarlaxle 56

[....]

I don't download music off the download and pay sites because I won't have a backup copy.

[....]

I am the same way about having to have backup copies. My kids think I'm crazy. I like having the original CDs (or copies from a friend :whistling: ) "just in case". In some cases (LZ, for example), I even have original vinyl backups).

I am the same way about having to have backup copies. My kids think I'm crazy. I like having the original CDs (or copies from a friend :whistling: ) "just in case". In some cases (LZ, for example), I even have original vinyl backups).

Basically, when I want to hear a cd 98 out of 100 times I play it through my hi-fi system, but I back up all of my bought cd's because I love to shuffle all of the music I buy and download.

One hell of an eclectic mix it makes!

And fucking cool it is too! B)

Basically, when I want to hear a cd 98 out of 100 times I play it through my hi-fi system, but I back up all of my bought cd's because I love to shuffle all of the music I buy and download.

One hell of an eclectic mix it makes!

And fucking cool it is too! B)

We do the same thing - and it is very cool! Our CDs are played on the stereo, in the vehicles, and on the PCs.

I always play my cd's on my stereo....proly 60/40 headphones to speakers...

I don't use my PC cause I don't want to overtask my harddrive. I don't use my music on my PC for listening anyway...I burn all my music to cd to play...I only keep some music on my hard drive...and that's if I know I'm going to be trading it alot or just burning for other people....

If I buy something with my money, put it on my computer that I paid for and then on my iPod that I paid for and they don't like that, they can kiss my fat ass. I have over 500 CDs...do they expect me to buy all that music digitally (2/3 of which I can't) to put it on my iPod? I'll do it if they give me the money for it first.

RIAA = Really Ignorant, Arrogant Assholes.

If this goes through, I'd beg to say it's going to open the RIAA up for major amounts of countersuits.

Also, it is NOT illegal to buy or own bootlegged recordings. It is, however, illegal TO SELL them.

So the record store that I bought it from broke the law?

Correct.

Knew a girl who worked at a headshop I used to buy bootlegs at years ago. Was visiting one time a few years after college and she told me they were raided by a governmental agency in SWAT gear because they were selling bootleg discs. They were all confiscated and the store only sells "waterpipes" and t-shirts now.

Buckwheat ain't got a big bank account ? :lol:

Nor does Manders.

If I buy something with my money, put it on my computer that I paid for and then on my iPod that I paid for and they don't like that, they can kiss my fat ass. I have over 500 CDs...do they expect me to buy all that music digitally (2/3 of which I can't) to put it on my iPod? I'll do it if they give me the money for it first.

That's my point.

Isn't it exciting, breaking the laws?

To hell with bureaucracy, I say. It's one more crime that we all commit. I wonder what they want to do? Seatch through everyone's personal files? I'm buying a wooden cabin deep in the woods if that happens. :rolleyes:

Archived