"Vienna Fireworks: Live in Europe 1973"

chef free

I'll get the link but of course this should be the first boot a Zep newbie to boots should first hear. Maybe we live in a dry, technical repetitive world, but this show stands among the pyramids. When Zep played like this, all natural laws of any sort vanished and you were experiencing a truly magical universe. Page and Bonham are playing in a almost telepathic interlock  playing guitar and drum patterns never heard before or since. People and fans crave this stuff, this is also why it doesn't matter that much that maybe overall Zep could be erratic live. No other band could hit earth-shattering bullseyes like this.

Now I shut up and listen to "my" version.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:40 AM, rm2551 said:

SIBLY in this is in their top 5 ever - maybe top 3.

It's an amazing version, agreed.  Who makes the farting sound after the song?  I assume it's Bonham, I always get a grin when he burps right before BYS.

11 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

This show is on fire! Never heard before today and I've been listening to Zeppelin boots since 1985!

Newbie ;), I've been listening to LZ boots since late 72/early 73. I must say though this latest version of Vienna is pretty good, didn't think I'd get all the way through it (a rare thing these days).

Edited by JTM

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined the forum to hear this show. Could you please send me a link, too?

A longtime fan of Led Zeppelin (I was a teenager in the late 1980s, early 1990s), I grew up with Led Zeppelin on classic rock radio and look forward to reading and contributing more.