Have you ever been targeted by a cyber-criminal?

Slunker

Have you ever been targeted by a cyber-criminal?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been targeted by a cyber-criminal?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe not what you're asking, but someone tried to rent a motel room on my debit card way the hell down in California. Prick fucks. My credit union put a stop to that real quick as they knew I wasn't down there. Had to get a new card of course.

A few years back, my wife had well over $7000.00 worth of airline tickets purchased to Dubai, charged to her personal credit card shortly after she she checked in to an upper end hotel in Orlando.

• 2 weeks later...

My ex-wife was shopping on my eBay account for our upcoming wedding about 15 years ago. A few days later I got an email from "ebay" confirming a recent purchase. I have always been very diligent in identifying these types of scams but given the fact the item in question was similar to what she had purchased and was looking at on eBay, and the fact that the eBay page very convincingly identical to an eBay one, I clicked on the link and signed into "ebay". As soon as I pressed the Enter button I immediately realized I didn't perform all my screening techniques and immediately unplugged the internet and computer and logged into my eBay account from my laptop and changed my password. Upon further investigation, the email wasn't legit and my ex-wife never purchased that item. To this day, I have not known any repercussions from my actions.... perhaps my quick actions at the time prevented any negative consequences.