One, Two, Three, Four.

6 hours ago, Richard Digby Smith said:

As a staff engineer in the 1970's at Island Record's Basing Street Studios I had the pleasure of working with engineer Andy Johns on much of Zepp 3 and 4.

I assisted Andy on the night the band recorded Stairway and my book includes an account of this magical night in the studio.

One, Two, Three, Four..jpg

Welcome, Richard. Thank you for sharing. Ā All the best to you and your family,Ā especially during these times.

RšŸ˜Ž

I love interesting reads such as this book, sort of the ā€œsleeperā€ type of book. After only 80 pages into this, I'm struck by the author's dedication inĀ pursuing a dream,Ā and it's a prime example of opportunity, hard work, attention to detail; combined with a bit of luck here and there, can push the human spirit to achieve when others fall by the wayside. Ā It's the type of book that I could read more than once, and for myself, that is a rare thing.

Ā 

ADK-Zeppelin

4 hours ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

I love interesting reads such as this book, sort of the ā€œsleeperā€ type of book. After only 80 pages into this, I'm struck by the author's dedication inĀ pursuing a dream,Ā and it's a prime example of opportunity, hard work, attention to detail; combined with a bit of luck here and there, can push the human spirit to achieve when others fall by the wayside. Ā It's the type of book that I could read more than once, and for myself, that is a rare thing.

Ā 

ADK-Zeppelin

Thank you, Sir. Most kind.

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to delving into your book. I have a YouTube channel devoted to Bonzo's drumming and I've always been curious to learn more about his work in the studio, the kits he used , miking...his overall approach to recording. Would you be up for a chat sometime, either email or by phone? Here is a link to my channel.Ā 

Ā https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyPPcUtsiLoagS62b4qkYtgĀ 

Ā 

Kind thanks, George

On 4/15/2020 at 7:55 AM, porgie66 said:

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to delving into your book. I have a YouTube channel devoted to Bonzo's drumming and I've always been curious to learn more about his work in the studio, the kits he used , miking...his overall approach to recording. Would you be up for a chat sometime, either email or by phone? Here is a link to my channel.Ā 

Ā https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyPPcUtsiLoagS62b4qkYtgĀ 

Ā 

Kind thanks, George

Not a problem, George. Best if you e-mail me: digbysmith@btinternet.com

• 5 weeks later...