Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richard Digby Smith

One, Two, Three, Four.

Recommended Posts

As a staff engineer in the 1970's at Island Record's Basing Street Studios I had the pleasure of working with engineer Andy Johns on much of Zepp 3 and 4.

I assisted Andy on the night the band recorded Stairway and my book includes an account of this magical night in the studio.

One, Two, Three, Four..jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How very interesting and welcome to the Forum Richard. How's things down in sunny Torquay? Many a worst place to be in these times? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Richard Digby Smith said:

As a staff engineer in the 1970's at Island Record's Basing Street Studios I had the pleasure of working with engineer Andy Johns on much of Zepp 3 and 4.

I assisted Andy on the night the band recorded Stairway and my book includes an account of this magical night in the studio.

One, Two, Three, Four..jpg

Welcome, Richard. Thank you for sharing.  All the best to you and your family, especially during these times.

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks, Mr.Smith. This look like a good read of the 70's era of which Zeppelin held sway.  I started reading the first chapter this morning.

 

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 7:47 PM, Brigante said:

Worked with Free, too, right?

Yes indeed. Two of my favourite bands, Free and Led Zepp and I got to work with both of them!! Still can't believe it, 'cause I've always seen myself as being just a regular music fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, ADK-Zeppy said:

Thanks, Mr.Smith. This look like a good read of the 70's era of which Zeppelin held sway.  I started reading the first chapter this morning.

 

ADK-Zeppy

Hope you enjoy. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, chillumpuffer said:

How very interesting and welcome to the Forum Richard. How's things down in sunny Torquay? Many a worst place to be in these times? 

All good here. Thanks for the welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 9:42 PM, reids said:

Welcome, Richard. Thank you for sharing.  All the best to you and your family, especially during these times.

R😎

My pleasure. Best wishes to you and your family also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Richard Digby Smith said:

My pleasure. Best wishes to you and your family also.

Thank you 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely buying this book! Any good Guy Stevens and Mott yarns in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love interesting reads such as this book, sort of the “sleeper” type of book. After only 80 pages into this, I'm struck by the author's dedication in pursuing a dream, and it's a prime example of opportunity, hard work, attention to detail; combined with a bit of luck here and there, can push the human spirit to achieve when others fall by the wayside.  It's the type of book that I could read more than once, and for myself, that is a rare thing.

 

ADK-Zeppelin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

I love interesting reads such as this book, sort of the “sleeper” type of book. After only 80 pages into this, I'm struck by the author's dedication in pursuing a dream, and it's a prime example of opportunity, hard work, attention to detail; combined with a bit of luck here and there, can push the human spirit to achieve when others fall by the wayside.  It's the type of book that I could read more than once, and for myself, that is a rare thing.

 

ADK-Zeppelin

Thank you, Sir. Most kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ordered your book today.

R😎👍

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to delving into your book. I have a YouTube channel devoted to Bonzo's drumming and I've always been curious to learn more about his work in the studio, the kits he used , miking...his overall approach to recording. Would you be up for a chat sometime, either email or by phone? Here is a link to my channel. 

 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyPPcUtsiLoagS62b4qkYtg 

 

Kind thanks, George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 7:55 AM, porgie66 said:

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to delving into your book. I have a YouTube channel devoted to Bonzo's drumming and I've always been curious to learn more about his work in the studio, the kits he used , miking...his overall approach to recording. Would you be up for a chat sometime, either email or by phone? Here is a link to my channel. 

 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyPPcUtsiLoagS62b4qkYtg 

 

Kind thanks, George

Not a problem, George. Best if you e-mail me: digbysmith@btinternet.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 4:21 AM, Richard Digby Smith said:

Not a problem, George. Best if you e-mail me: digbysmith@btinternet.com

Thanks so much! I'll be in touch . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2020 at 3:20 PM, reids said:

Ordered your book today.

R😎👍

Got mine today.

looking forward to reading it.

R😎👍

F764E8F9-5807-4F6E-B4D1-C6D5A0DF260C.jpeg

A597CC31-01C5-4F6A-9238-62900FEEBCE4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...