Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Gratefulzepp

Hiroshima 927 - Over Looked?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. Hope all of you are doing well during these strange and scary times. One of the few things I've been doing during this stay at home stuff is listening to more Zepp boots to pass the time. One over looked show I decided to give a listen to is Zepp at Hiroshima just the day before there 2 day stay in Osaka. Sound quality is about average but listenable. Maybe not the strongest show of the 5 nights in Japan but I gotta say there are a few gems in this show. 

For instance, the version of Dazed & Confused from this show smokes! Page and Jone's in particular are playing some interesting stuff in the second half. It's a tight but loose version but in a good way. Very unique version. My go to from this tour is the second night in Osaka which I've always loved. Check out this Dazed from the 27th. I think this version is tied for my favorite next to 929.

Celebration Day is also a really good one. Even with the rough audience recording it's a great listen. I think I like this one better than the 28th. Tighter and more interesting. The jam at the end smokes and I'd put it up there with the second night in Osaka and Toronto on the 4th.

Plants voice cracks a few times during Immigrant Song but the Immigrant/Heartbreaker is another well played version. The acoustic set sounds sweet as well with Jones throwing in a touch of "Everyday People" in the middle of That's The Way. I really wish a sound board would come out of this show someday.

Edited by Gratefulzepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, goldenretreiver157 said:

the band is on fire all nights in japan, hiroshima is no exception.

I agree! That whole tour was the peak of their powers. Each night has it's own special element about it. The first night at Budokan has some of Plants best vocals and the band is on fire. Same as the following night. Both Osaka shows are great as well. I lean more towards the 29th but the new SBD of the 28th is...WOW! I just think the 27th gets over looked and the Dazed from this show is unique just like the others. The interplay between Page & Jones especially. And that Celebration Day. The hero once again is Jone's bass!

Edited by Gratefulzepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gratefulzepp said:

I agree! That whole tour was the peak of their powers. Each night has it's own special element about it. The first night at Budokan has some of Plants best vocals and the band is on fire. Same as the following night. Both Osaka shows are great as well. I lean more towards the 29th but the new SBD of the 28th is...WOW! I just think the 27th gets over looked and the Dazed from this show is unique just like the others. The interplay between Page & Jones especially. And that Celebration Day. The hero once again is Jone's bass!

Like the whole lotta love from this night, and yes, celebration day is epic! Like the 29th for it's dazed too, and Love the encores. Really disappointed about the lack of Whole lotta love's Though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiroshima is a stellar but compact concert, no doubt. Then again it is obvious why it is somehow overlooked- the other concerts are simply out of this world.

I like Stairway To Heaven, the beautiful acoustic set and the wild Celebration Day. A remastered, lowgen, more natural sounding release of this AUD source would be nice.

I am looking forward to the 50th anniversary releases, guess they will be gorgeous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 5:29 PM, Autumn Moon said:

Hiroshima is a stellar but compact concert, no doubt. Then again it is obvious why it is somehow overlooked- the other concerts are simply out of this world.

It’s funny you mention that. The Hiroshima show is just as long (if not longer) than the 1st night in Tokyo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. This is weird. I have just posted my own version of this topic, not realising you had done the same! What alerted you to this show?

I have been trying to find the definitive versions of a few shows and stumbled on this by accident on the youtube, never realising that EV had released a new source of this a few years back. The old sources were a tough listen but this sounds wonderful, and I think it puts this show up with the other Japan dates.

Check it out. Hoping someone has a flac download because I can't find a complete download of this anywhere on the internet!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... and I tell you what is also weird: the lack of fanfare over this release and the fact that no other labels have reissued it since it came out (in 2013?) means that it doesn't even seem to be the best-known source of this show! Can anyone shed any light on where this source came from? I think it might make sources 1 and 2 irrelevant and even the 3rd vinyl source with its overloading during the heavier numbers pales in comparison (although Stairway and the acoustic set sound pretty decent. PM me if you want links to the short vinyl source because this one took quite a bit of tracking down too!) BTW, the EV release was called Love and Peace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Michael Fry said:

OK. This is weird. I have just posted my own version of this topic, not realising you had done the same! What alerted you to this show?

I have been trying to find the definitive versions of a few shows and stumbled on this by accident on the youtube, never realising that EV had released a new source of this a few years back. The old sources were a tough listen but this sounds wonderful, and I think it puts this show up with the other Japan dates.

Check it out. Hoping someone has a flac download because I can't find a complete download of this anywhere on the internet!

 

Wow, yeah this is the version I was listening to that made me bring up this topic. All other sources I've listened to in the past were cruddy, but this version is actually enjoyable. I asked Conneyfogel, the person who posted this YouTube link if there was a downloadable link. Conney told me to get YouTube downloader to get the audio. This has to be the best known source to date from this show. I just decided to revisit this show since the board tape of 928 was released and we have 929 now. I always liked the acoustic set from this show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any luck finding it in flac? The website Zoso.me seems to have had it but the link has been disabled and all other links (e.g. Guitar101) are dead. The first disc is available for download on Black Beauty in mp3 320. That's all I can find. I saw your request and Conneyfogel's answer and so I used a YouTube converter to get the audio but it's only a 128 mp3 so it would be nice to get a higher bitrate. Frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael Fry said:

Any luck finding it in flac? The website Zoso.me seems to have had it but the link has been disabled and all other links (e.g. Guitar101) are dead. The first disc is available for download on Black Beauty in mp3 320. That's all I can find. I saw your request and Conneyfogel's answer and so I used a YouTube converter to get the audio but it's only a 128 mp3 so it would be nice to get a higher bitrate. Frustrating!

No luck. I tried guitars101 as well with the same result. I'll take the 128 mp3 for now until a flac is located. That Dazed and Celebration are real good from this show. I'll keep looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 4:59 AM, pluribus said:

It’s funny you mention that. The Hiroshima show is just as long (if not longer) than the 1st night in Tokyo. 

Yes, you are right about the length. There is a gap in my memory, as I listen to this show about every two years, whereas 923, 928 & 929 are on constant rotation. On rare occasions (due to the bad soundquality of the existing Aud sources) I give 924 a spin, nevertheless I think it is one of the best of this fab tour.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news, Gratefulzepp! Check out guitars101 for a lossless source. Kickthekato has just re-upped a link, valid for a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Fry said:

Good news, Gratefulzepp! Check out guitars101 for a lossless source. Kickthekato has just re-upped a link, valid for a month.

Rock on! Thanks for the heads up. Gonna check it out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the guitars101 heads-up. Link is still working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...