will pay THOUSANDS of $$ for Zeppelin concert posters!

shinedaddy

Ok, so I collect original Zeppelin concert posters, 1969-1973. Earlier than that and they won't say Zeppelin and later than that and there are no good ones. If you have an original concert poster or know where you can get me one (hello Knebby- where's Newcastle 71!!) I will pay upwards of thousands of dollars. It all depends on which one it is. If someone out there has a 1972 Vancouver poster I can offer $4000 or so, for example. I dont collect the crap Fillmore posters, nowhere NEAR rare enough or interesting enough for me, nor do I want ANYTHING after 1973. TOO many reprints, and mostly boring (ONLY exceptions that are OK are Earls Court and Oakland 77 but who cares?).

There are a lot of pics of them in this forum under the timeline feature....basically they must feature venue, ticket, date info and the like. I am NOT looking for posters which are just pics of Zep in concert, on stage, head shop posters etc but actual advertisement posters with all the pertinent info.

If you lead me to one I can also offer you a hefty finder's fee, if I am able to get it

Hey there Zepconcertposters. ;) I've talked to you at RO several times.

Trust me folks....he knows what he's talking about!! We're talking posters that less than a handfull are known to exist on the planet!

Wolfgangsvault is a replica market......he's talking the real McCoy.

btw, Did you see this? http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=2645#

Looks like you got a much better deal. B)

Hey there Zepconcertposters. ;) I've talked to you at RO several times.

Trust me folks....he knows what he's talking about!! We're talking posters that less than a handfull are known to exist on the planet!

Wolfgangsvault is a replica market......he's talking the real McCoy.

btw, Did you see this? http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=2645#

Looks like you got a much better deal. B)

Did he acquire the large New Yardbirds poster from 1968 in the auction by chance?

If so, has it been properly authenticated since then?

Did he acquire the large New Yardbirds poster from 1968 in the auction by chance?

From what I saw he got the Who/Zep Merriweather Post Pavillion 69 poster off Ebay......for thousands less than the one that went on the concertposters auction site.

I bought both of their Hawaii posters for a few thousand each and now they are currently OUT of them, even though their website says they are not. The rest of their stuff is CRAP and they only got those Hawaii posters from the promoter selling off his collection a couple years ago. Good people, crap merchandise IMHO.....but thanks for the link anyways, i knew about them since day one!

I chose NOT to buy it because instead of saying Led Zeppelin it said New Yardbirds, at a time when it could have and prob should have said Led Zeppelin. However, it could go either way......but I do have some that are just as rare and twice as cool.

BTW< Steve Jones, you need to PM me about this topic.....we have corresponded before about concert posters!

I would never sell a poster of Zeppelin.

Not that I currently have any. Dear Mother chucked all mine once, mad at me for whatever.

Anything I have I'll pass to my babes.

There is one rare bookstore here that is said to have concert posters from Zeppelins stay at The Terrace Ballroom in 1969.

Just out of interest.... I have a Japan 10 2/3 '72 tour poster. It has a live shot which looks pretty early, Page has a Tele and Bonham the blonde Ludwig. The only non Japanese writing is Led Zeppelin and the dates so not sure if it's original or a reprint, but it appears a genuine.

Many years ago my friend was given a stack of Zep posters from an older cousin. Most were just worthless music store posters, nothing of any value. Apart from TWO Japanese tour posters. I tried on a regular basis to buy these from him, but he felt bad about doing that and I couldn't convince him. They sat rolled up in a tube in a cupboard for years until he framed the 10 2/3 '72 one due to my constant harrasment about these posters going to waste in his cupboard and more importantly deteriorating. It stayed on his wall for a while then put in storage at his parents when he relocated to the UK.

Now living in Switzerland, on his last visit home a year or so ago, I asked again to purchase the two Japan posters. Well, he wouldn't sell it, but the framed 10 2/3 '72 poster would be too difficult to get from New Zealand to Switzerland, and just taking up space at his parents. So now, it finally resides on MY wall, right in front of me as I type, on semi permanent loan. Feeling lucky, I asked how bout the other? "What other one" he said. He vaguely remembered the second Japan poster amongst the other worthless ones, and asked his parents if they were still around. Unfortunatley, they had a clean out and the posters were thrown out. :o D'OH!!!!!!!!! The poster was a black & white live shot of Plant, with red lettering and the four symbols and (obviously) Japanese writing. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the finer details, but it was something like that, I'd know it if I saw it!

Anyway, is there a way to determine if the 10 '72 is original and maybe it's value? And the destroyed one? Maybe I don't wanna know that, it still burns me to this day.....

Ok, so I collect original Zeppelin concert posters, 1969-1973. Earlier than that and they won't say Zeppelin and later than that and there are no good ones. If you have an original concert poster or know where you can get me one (hello Knebby- where's Newcastle 71!!) I will pay upwards of thousands of dollars. It all depends on which one it is. If someone out there has a 1972 Vancouver poster I can offer $4000 or so, for example. I dont collect the crap Fillmore posters, nowhere NEAR rare enough or interesting enough for me, nor do I want ANYTHING after 1973. TOO many reprints, and mostly boring (ONLY exceptions that are OK are Earls Court and Oakland 77 but who cares?).

There are a lot of pics of them in this forum under the timeline feature....basically they must feature venue, ticket, date info and the like. I am NOT looking for posters which are just pics of Zep in concert, on stage, head shop posters etc but actual advertisement posters with all the pertinent info.

If you lead me to one I can also offer you a hefty finder's fee, if I am able to get it

Hi dude! I just came across a site you will drool over! I found it when looking up original artists. The Earls Court poster is there for all to see and the original artist was a Brit, and a woman, and still alive! Turns out that the lady was the artist not Peter Grainey, as some sites say. Check it out for yourself - www.martinegrainey.com Looks like she has more to sell than just the signed, numbered reprints!!! You owe me a finder's fee!

hey shinedaddy i have a led zep111 on vinyl with the 'spell' on it one of the first pressings just curious how much is it worth not selling im framing it such a iconic album cover

For Vancouver 72 try ...rickmcgrath.com He was very involved in the music scene at that time and has an interesting site. Concerts West were the promotors.

Hi dude! I just came across a site you will drool over! I found it when looking up original artists. The Earls Court poster is there for all to see and the original artist was a Brit, and a woman, and still alive! Turns out that the lady was the artist not Peter Grainey, as some sites say. Check it out for yourself - www.martinegrainey.com Looks like she has more to sell than just the signed, numbered reprints!!! You owe me a finder's fee!

like i said, who cares? I already know this and dont even want an Earls Court, not even for $100 for a real one.......trust me,out of 100000 of them 2 might be real. Totally worthless from my perspective.....now how about finding some info on say, a Seattle 1970? A Florida 71......then you WILL get a finder's fee

I have an original TSRTS film poster which is rolled and was never folded. Has a few pin holes around the edge but in good condition for its age.

Not sure I'd want to sell it but I would be interested to know what its value is, and the best way to store it!

• 1 month later...
I have an original TSRTS film poster which is rolled and was never folded. Has a few pin holes around the edge but in good condition for its age.

Not sure I'd want to sell it but I would be interested to know what its value is, and the best way to store it!

I've seen original in EX to MT condition sell for $75 to $150.00 Those pin-holes will

depreciate the value by at least 50%. I have found the best way to store posters

to be in tubes or containers designed for this purpose. Bags Unlimited in New York is

one of many excellent suppliers.

Archived