Anyone One Any Signed Led Zeppelin Items

I have this signed copy that my wife purchased for me back in 1999. I had it in an area that was under a skylight and Jimmy’s autograph faded slightly. Here is the thing, she paid a bunch of money and it came with an authenticity letter. But other than the amount spent and that letter I have, I have wondered if it could have been forged? Maybe SAJ or someone else could help to verify that.

C9F3E1F9-B723-49B9-9F64-8F8844902F53.jpeg

The closest thing I have to a signature by someone from Led Zeppelin is 'Mighty Rearranger' signed by Justin Adams. Also the program of the concerts of Robert Plant in Buenos Aires in 2012 signed by 'Sensational Space Shifters'.

I have pictures with most of the band, except with Robert Plant. Someday I will scan them and then post them here on the forum.

I also have a picture in the car where Robert Plant was moving. I was with my TSRTS box-set (2007) hoping that he would sign it, but he just waved at us and quickly got into the car.

I was outside the hotel where he was staying for two days, but I had no luck, in fact I was there from very early in the morning until a few moments before the show.

When he came to Argentina in 2015 with 'Lollapalooza', I traveled directly to Buenos Aires and arrived just for the concert. I remember that I had almost no money. The two weeks before the concert I ate only rice and water to pay for the trip and the concert ticket. But it was worth it (of course), plus he gave me 'The Lemon Song' with Jack White.

After Jack White's concert was over, I wanted to buy an official Robert Plant tour shirt, but they didn't lower the price so I couldn't buy it, I didn't even know if I could afford the return ticket to Mar del Plata (my hometown). So I left for the bus station, thank God I had enough money to buy my ticket (there was only one left) and I had to wait until 6:30 AM to get back!

Good times!

Sorry for this brief off-topic... 😄

mightyrearranger.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Collected these on the night of 26th July 1995! Here's the story:-

Here is the full story of what happened for anybody who’s interested. I went to both nights at Wembley, on the 25th & 26th of July, 1995. On the first night I went with my girlfriend who was fairly new to Zeppelin & Plant & Page,  however the next night I went on my own I was full of excitement I knew this was the last night of the European Tour.  Before the concert, which was excellent, I bumped into a few friends I knew through the Led Zeppelin community As I was leaving the arena I bumped into a guy who said he had just met Peter Grant who was signing autographs by the mixing desk. So I went back in to see if I could see him but alas he had gone. At this point to the proceedings people were de-rigging the stage setup and surroundings & I could see a couple of guys guarding a door to the side of the stage. So I went towards the stage and picked up a little bit of scaffolding and then approached the two guards. As I was holding the piece of scaffolding I tapped my rear pocket & said “Access all areas” -  to my great surprise they let me through and I found myself in a corridor feeling rather nervous. A few minutes past and Najma Akhter came towards me and we exchanged conversation & I asked if there was any chance that I could meet Page & Plant. She exclaimed that the security was very tight but she couldn’t’ see a problem with me hanging round where I was! She then disappeared & to my amazement Van Morrison came towards me. Again we engaged in light conversation & he signed a guest pass list which I had removed from a wall as I thought I would need some paper. He then disappeared & I continued walking down the corridor. I then saw a room on my left which most of the Egyptian Orchestra were in. I was standing in the doorway when Hossam Ramsey came out and started talking to me before taking me into the room where I immediately met a young lady who turned out to be his daughter. She and I started talking and asked yet again whether there was any chance of me meeting Robert & Jimmy. She told me to wait and disappeared, shortly she returned with a number of backstage passes, including a guest pass and a working crew pass which she said were mine and that she would introduce me to as many people as possible. We then went back into the corridor and Robert & Jimmy were ushered past us surrounded by a ring of security. Suddenly one of the security guys said “What are you doing here" at which point I flashed my pass at them. I then talked to Rex King who was very modest, so much so he refused to give me his autograph as he said he was not worthy!! We then went backstage where I was introduced to the entire band and thanked both Robert & Jimmy for an amazing concert. At this point my head was spinning & I just became lost for words so I asked Jimmy if he remembered me from a previous encounter when I turned up at his house in 1988. (When he gave me a signed promo copy of his Outrider album!!!) He said sorry but that he didn’t’t & that he was rather stressed out around that period for various reasons. I then suggested that he must be really happy playing all the old stuff again with Robert to which he replied “You bet”! I then totally dried up & turned to see Peter Grant standing on his own. I went up to talk to him & he seemed surprised &  said ”He’s who you should be talking to", (pointing at Jimmy). I said I’d just had a chat with him & wanted to talk to the 5th Member of Led Zeppelin! He seemed quite touched & we spoke about a number of issues including his role with various bands before Zeppelin. I then saw Robert & strolled over. He seemed to recognize me from previous gigs I had been to. I thanked him for a wonderful concert & told him I thought the new line up with the Egyptians was a superb & fitting Coda for the history of the band. He said he could not have done it any other way & that it was nice to be able to show the songs in a new light. I gave him a  “hippyish” necklace which belonged to my girlfriend, (now my Wife!), (she didn’t mind). All the members of the band signed loads of material including passes,  tickets & other things, (attached). I was totally blown away as being in that situation has always been a dream for me. After a couple of hours I left the building with my arms full of stuff which I had been given I then had to sit in my car for nearly an hour before I had recovered enough to drive home

I have met Robert a few times since with his band “Priory Of Brion”. It’s funny but it is amazing how many coincidences have happened to me regarding Zeppelin. Just the other day I went to a party in my road and met Charlie, (Steve), Jones’ cousin who in fact lives just round the corner from me. Then there was a weird time in London when I was driving  around with Doug Boyle as a passenger listening to a bootleg of 05/06/90!

I will try & attach copies of some of the memorabilia I collected that night.

And yes, I still get a Christmas card from Hossam Ramsey! Still all credit must go to his daughter, Louvainne, without whom very little of that night would have occurred!

pp26jul95auto1.jpg

pp26Jul95Auto2.jpg

pp26Jul95MB & PP - no tel no..jpg

pp26Jul95Ticket1b.jpg

pp26Jul95Ticket1f - no tel no.jpg

pp26Jul95Ticket2.jpg

pp26Jul95Ticket3_Eaton.jpg

pp26Jul95wcpass.jpg

pp26Jul95guestpass.jpg

Edited by Mattius

Likewise to anyone who is interested, I’m a season ticket holder at Wolverhampton wanderers and have seen and met Robert many times he’s at the match most week’s unless he’s on tour, this is a nice item he signed for me some years ago, he signed the items in the ground and we had a chat about the gig in Birmingham 

94A22402-FCF2-4D4E-8BBF-63EC034F78D7.jpeg

On 4/25/2020 at 7:24 AM, Santa Cruz said:

Other than the amount spent and that letter I have, I have wondered if it could have been forged? Maybe SAJ or someone else could help to verify that.

C9F3E1F9-B723-49B9-9F64-8F8844902F53.jpeg

You can send the certificate of authenticity to help with the appraisal but I have to say Plant signature looks very sketchy. 

Ok, so I checked my archive inventory. I've got 25 things signed by the members of Led Zeppelin, and another 25 items signed by Jason Bonham and his various bandmates. I generally don't post them online because crooks will forge them. The most unique signed item is probably #664 of Jimmy's book. A lady friend of mine owns #665, Jimmy himself #666. Additionally, among other odds and ends, I have an original portrait of Jimmy at home (circa 1993) signed by Ross Halfin. The furniture that Jimmy is seated on is an immaculate, William Burges-designed original in Jimmy's collection.  

Ross Halfin signed print.JPG

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ok, so I checked my archive inventory. I've got 25 things signed by the members of Led Zeppelin, and another 25 items signed by Jason Bonham and his various bandmates. I generally don't post them online because crooks will forge them. The most unique signed item is probably #664 of Jimmy's book. A lady friend of mine owns #665, Jimmy himself #666. Additionally, among other odds and ends, I have an original portrait of Jimmy at home (circa 1993) signed by Ross Halfin. The furniture that Jimmy is seated on is an immaculate, William Burges-designed original in Jimmy's collection.  

That’s amazing Mr. SAJ! I’ll dig up the Authenticity and send that over to you. I would appreciate your thoughts on it for sure. Also slightly off topic. I have re-read your Mysteries Thread. Man it’s insanely impressive! Amazing job! I’ve always thought of myself as educated in the World Led Zeppelin. Your knowledge and insight is inspiring and outrageous! Seriously thank you for that thread. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:08 AM, Santa Cruz said:

Also slightly off topic. I have re-read your Mysteries Thread. Man it’s insanely impressive! Amazing job! I’ve always thought of myself as educated in the World Led Zeppelin. Your knowledge and insight is inspiring and outrageous! Seriously thank you for that thread. 

Thank you. Collaboration is the key.

Thats incredible guys! 

I actually have a lot of signed items with many stories. I actually have an album census too where I have all known exemplar of Led Zeppelin albums signed. Right now there are 50 complete albums.

I am attaching some of the fully signed albums I have in my possession currently. 

Zep 3 Tracks 1.png

Zep 3 Tracks 2.png

Zep 4 Johnson.png

Zep 2 Peter Grant.png

On 5/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, SteveAJones said:

Are you talking about 'Jimmy Page By Jimmy Page'? I didn't know they were numbered.

Jimmy has #666 to himself? No wonder, but how do you know? :o

On 5/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, Rodrigo said:

Are you talking about 'Jimmy Page By Jimmy Page'? I didn't know they were numbered.

Jimmy has #666 to himself? No wonder, but how do you know? :o

Yes. Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page has 350 signed/numbered Deluxe copies and 2,150 signed/numbered Collector's copies. The unnumbered/unsigned edition that was published later was the one that he was stamping with the city and date. #666 was reserved for Jimmy prior to publication. A lady friend of mine has #665 and I have #664. 

https://www.genesis-publications.com/book/9781905662173/jimmy-page

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Yes. Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page has 350 signed/numbered Deluxe copies and 2,150 signed/numbered Collector's copies. The unnumbered/unsigned edition that was published later was the one that he was stamping with the city and date. #666 was reserved for Jimmy prior to publication. A lady friend of mine has #665 and I have #664. 

https://www.genesis-publications.com/book/9781905662173/jimmy-page

Wow, I really was totally lost on the issue of this book. It was published at a time in my life when I was a mess.

It would have been legendary to have all the boxes numbered 'Super Deluxe' and also the two books with Jimmy's signature.

But I would really be satisfied if I could get the numbered boxes of: 'ITTOD', 'CODA', and 'BBC Sessions' (these are the ones that are missing to complete the collection), before Argentina goes into default and prices go through the roof.

The book of 'Jimmy Page By Jimmy Page' that I could get, is this one, with the following code numbers: 9781905662326

512VPruXeuL.jpg

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

I wonder if Jimmy owns #666 of the Led Zeppelin boxes too. 

Not to my knowledge. Numbered, mass produced (10,000) box sets are likely not as meaningful to him as HIS book. I ordered by box sets on the day of release so imagine my disappointment when it became clear the numbered box sets were being shipped out at random, with no regard whatsover for when the order was made. My box set #s are all over the place because of it. One of these days I may care enough to do something about it.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Not to my knowledge. Numbered, mass produced (10,000) box sets are likely not as meaningful to him as HIS book. I ordered by box sets on the day of release so imagine my disappointment when it became clear the numbered box sets were being shipped out at random, with no regard whatsover for when the order was made. My box set #s are all over the place because of it. One of these days I may care enough to do something about it.

Are 30,000 :P

Just out of curiosity, have you checked that your boxes are numbered?

• 3 years later...

Signed Led Zeppelin 'Houses of the Holy' Album Sleeve Sells At Auction For More Than $18,000 -

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-66688874

https://blabbermouth.net/news/signed-led-zeppelin-houses-of-the-holy-album-sleeve-sells-at-auction-for-more-than-18000

Edited by luvlz2

29 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

"Fewer than 30 signed copies of Led Zeppelin albums are thought to exist". 

@ sam_webmaster: Any thoughts on that assertion? I can think of perhaps a half a dozen authenticated ones. 30 seems like a really low estimate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 7:41 PM, SteveAJones said:

"Fewer than 30 signed copies of Led Zeppelin albums are thought to exist". 

@ sam_webmaster: Any thoughts on that assertion? I can think of perhaps a half a dozen authenticated ones. 30 seems like a really low estimate.

Good question. You're right Steve, 30 does seem like a really low estimate. @sam_webmaster can you shed any light on this?