Do you guys think this singer copied Stairway?

DorothyR

Is it just me or this song really copied Stairway?

(Some guy singing one of his "original" songs at his concert)

Sorry for bringing this up. This whole song sound awful except for its intro. Except for its intro that sound exactly the same as Stairway.

I came across this incident on my music app and I was surprised and a bit angry that everyone is talking about some little pop singer in the comments area of a great Zep song. And I'm more surprised that all of his fans believe this is just a coincidence. They say "no evidence shows that he listens to LZ". "Everyone can write such chords."

So... Is it just me..?

The performer is Hua Chenyu (Chinese) and the song is 假行僧 as performed on January 12, 2014. His debut album would not be released for another nine months. Since then, even Chinese listeners have identified the piano notes as a direct copy of Stairway to Heaven. I should point out Hua Chenyu does NOT compose all of his material, so I would place the blame for the blatant similarities on his co-writers and management.   

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The performer is Hua Chenyu (Chinese) and the song is 假行僧 as performed on January 12, 2014. His debut album would not be released for another nine months. Since then, even Chinese listeners have identified the piano notes as a direct copy of Stairway to Heaven. I should point out Hua Chenyu does NOT compose all of his material, so I would place the blame for the blatant similarities on his co-writers and management.   

I hope Hua Chenyu along with his co-writers / management got sued for copyright infringement of STH, as his “version” doesn’t go anywhere (only repeats the intro w/ a couple of chord changes). 

R😎

14 hours ago, DorothyR said:

Is it just me or this song really copied Stairway?

(Some guy singing one of his "original" songs at his concert)

Sorry for bringing this up. This whole song sound awful except for its intro. Except for its intro that sound exactly the same as Stairway.

I came across this incident on my music app and I was surprised and a bit angry that everyone is talking about some little pop singer in the comments area of a great Zep song. And I'm more surprised that all of his fans believe this is just a coincidence. They say "no evidence shows that he listens to LZ". "Everyone can write such chords."

So... Is it just me..?

Uh oh, that sleazy lawyer guy representing the Randy Wolfe estate is coming for ya...