The Song Remains The Same

Bodhisattva

Picked up the dvd at Wal-mart a few days ago. The guy working in that department had never heard of Led Zeppelin. :o Finally found the dvd hidden behind some Elvis dvds. The only one they had left. I like "Over the Hills and Far away" better on TSRST than HWWW. Overall, not as much as "How the West was Won" though.

Edited by maven2blue

i picked up the vhs tape back (in 1980? '81), when it first was released. then i bought a TSRTS vhs tape still celophaned (diffrent cover), then TSRTS dvd, and now ordered two TSRTS dvds (collecters ed. and remastered or whatever the two are of TSRTS ) and now waiting on th HD dvd. so ya, gotta get it.

"The Man With Three Eyes" Reports:

I was watching my TSRTS BluRay disc (yes I got it!) and noticed an editing mistake which occurs at 4:27 into the film, right after the opening titles you see the dove and then there is a quick mistake edit of Peter Grant opening the door (from the intro scene). It is on the DVD version as well. I don’t think that mistake edit is on the old VHS version, although I don’t have any VHS tapes in my collection anymore. I’m guessing that this 2 second glitch-editing mistake is the reason for stopping production/shipping of the movie. Since they didn’t do a recall of the ones already out for sale they didn’t have to eat the loss of recalls. Pretty smart financially. If I’m right these versions will be very collectable for years to come

"The Man With Three Eyes" Reports:

I was watching my TSRTS BluRay disc (yes I got it!) and noticed an editing mistake which occurs at 4:27 into the film, right after the opening titles you see the dove and then there is a quick mistake edit of Peter Grant opening the door (from the intro scene). It is on the DVD version as well. I don't think that mistake edit is on the old VHS version, although I don't have any VHS tapes in my collection anymore. I'm guessing that this 2 second glitch-editing mistake is the reason for stopping production/shipping of the movie. Since they didn't do a recall of the ones already out for sale they didn't have to eat the loss of recalls. Pretty smart financially. If I'm right these versions will be very collectable for years to come

So just because they missed that little, seemingly insignificant bit that most people wouldn't have noticed, they stopped selling the DVDs? Wow, they really are perfectionists!

I'm alittle wary of picking this up due to Dazed and Confused being close to 30 min. I borrowed the album from a friend back in '02 and felt slightly annoyed with it at the time. And now that I'm seriously collecting Zep again, would it be worth my time to just pick it up along with the DVD since it's out now also?

dude!!... you have to get it! it's zep at their peak. i really don't like the fantasy stuff, but the band just blows me away every single time i watch it. and that's almost once a month since it came out on vhs. i will buy the hidef dvd soon. i don't do the collector stuff, it's all about the music.

boogie on

I actually have to chime back in here. Now that I have both the DVD's and the CD's, I can say that they are both FANTASTIC, well worth the money. I didn't get the collector's stuff (I hear it is hard to get now) but the DVD's and CD's are the best.

• 3 weeks later...