Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
goldenretreiver157

Best Version of Mudslide

I’ve not heard any that don’t have the guitar really low in the mix 

Might wanna look for the recent Graf Zeppelin release, it's awesome. Other than that I'd say get the Liquid Led one.

57 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

Might wanna look for the recent Graf Zeppelin release, it's awesome. Other than that I'd say get the Liquid Led one.

Guitars still low in the mix on these?

57 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

Listening right now. Holy shit! wouldnt have thought a vinyl rip would sound that good! thats all i needed

9 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Guitars still low in the mix on these?

Yep, wasn't all that much to be done for that. I would look for the vinyl versions because they're far clearer than the "tape," which I think were recorded from the original vinyls anyways. Graf Zeppelin and Liquid Led seem to have the best of the bunch. The pernod remaster is also really good.

9 hours ago, goldenretreiver157 said:

Listening right now. Holy shit! wouldnt have thought a vinyl rip would sound that good! thats all i needed

Absolutely! The Liquid Led one in particular was great, it's my go to version for that show.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:47 AM, 1998giventofly said:

Absolutely! The Liquid Led one in particular was great, it's my go to version for that show.

Pb is always better than any Mudslide release. Brighter and clearer. Not much that can be done to correct the level fluctuations and low guitar because as far as I know, there is no "tape"I version. They all come from vinyl. I ripped my original copy of Pb and  shared it on dime a while back. I believe Liquid Led and Wendy used my rip because the track timings for both of those are identical to mine and sound very similar. If you can find the Liquid Led online to download , grab it...or the Wendy version. They also added the audience source missing songs. 

7 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Pb is always better than any Mudslide release. Brighter and clearer. Not much that can be done to correct the level fluctuations and low guitar because as far as I know, there is no "tape"I version. They all come from vinyl. I ripped my original copy of Pb and  shared it on dime a while back. I believe Liquid Led and Wendy used my rip because the track timings for both of those are identical to mine and sound very similar. If you can find the Liquid Led online to download , grab it...or the Wendy version. They also added the audience source missing songs. 

I agree, the true vinyl versions are much better. I think I had come across your rip, it was very nice! I'm not a huge fan of what Wendy did to it, their EQ work is odd. But Liquid Led did some awesome work with it, I still haven't heard a better version. A while back I was playing around with the vinyl version and was able to boost the guitar a fair bit with a compression VST in Audacity; I'll have to look back at some point here and get that finished up. Currently working on a RAH '70 project!

7 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

I agree, the true vinyl versions are much better. I think I had come across your rip, it was very nice! I'm not a huge fan of what Wendy did to it, their EQ work is odd. But Liquid Led did some awesome work with it, I still haven't heard a better version. A while back I was playing around with the vinyl version and was able to boost the guitar a fair bit with a compression VST in Audacity; I'll have to look back at some point here and get that finished up. Currently working on a RAH '70 project!

That's great, I have Audacity...maybe I'll try tweaking it a bit but I'm really novice at sound production. Looking forward to your RAH. Still maddening that they never put out a stand alone release . 

2 hours ago, porgie66 said:

That's great, I have Audacity...maybe I'll try tweaking it a bit but I'm really novice at sound production. Looking forward to your RAH. Still maddening that they never put out a stand alone release . 

It's worth messing with it a bit! I got decent results out of a free compressor plugin called RoughRider2, you can download and install it into Audacity. But thanks! I'm doing both a film and album version for this one so it's taking a while, hoping the end result will be worth it. That said I absolutely agree, the show deserves its own individual release. As an audio only release it's possible we could get Thank You from the show, unless the organ track didn't record on that either (like SIBLY). I'd give a helluva lot to hear that one!