Help Needed Jimmy Page and Black Crowes Audiophile

Ok. Love this album. 

Sent my first one back for this reason, but it’s also happening with my replacement. Towards the end of Ten Years Gone (my favourite ever song) on side B and Heartbreaker (on side D), it cuts out towards the climax of the song. In other words, the arm lifts up on my turntable and returns back to base. 

is this; a) a fault with my turntable (not happened with any other album); b) a fault with the 2 LP sets I have; c) Dodgy batch being distributed to Australia; or: d) the tracks are deliberately cut short (surely unthinkable???). 

Appreciate any advice. I’m pretty gutted. 

Cheers

Xolo1974 (Neil) 

It sounds like a tracking force issue, but because you have a turntable that automatically returns the arm, it may simply have reached whatever cutoff point it has set internally. This would only happen where the sides of an LP are longer than is typical. To test it, try manually putting the needle past the point where it is automatically returning. If it auto-returns as soon as you set the needle down, then it seems like the machine will only let the arm go so far before returning it back to base, regardless of whether or not it has reached the runout grooves.

Info on tracking force: https://blog.fluance.com/tracking-force-important-turntables/

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

I don't know, I can tell you that it didn't happen with mine. I'll play it again this weekend to see if I notice anything during TYG. It sounds good as hell though doesn't it?

It really does. Great album 

13 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

It sounds like a tracking force issue, but because you have a turntable that automatically returns the arm, it may simply have reached whatever cutoff point it has set internally. This would only happen where the sides of an LP are longer than is typical. To test it, try manually putting the needle past the point where it is automatically returning. If it auto-returns as soon as you set the needle down, then it seems like the machine will only let the arm go so far before returning it back to base, regardless of whether or not it has reached the runout grooves.

Info on tracking force: https://blog.fluance.com/tracking-force-important-turntables/

Ok thanks mate. So would increasing or decreasing the weight on the needle help it play through the whole album? 

I just played both of the sides that those songs are on and they played great. Sorry you are having trouble Xolo1974. A website that was helpful to me was Vinyl Engine, it has turntable manuals, tools, as well as a forum that was helpful to me.

Edited by luvlz2