March 14, 1969 Radio Broadcast - Remastered

SteveZ98

Just now, Page Les Paul said:

That sounds incredible. Sent you a PM.

Thanks. I'd be very happy if everything I remaster sounds this good, but because each source is different, the results always vary. This one just worked out well.

Ho la la, ho la la...... Amazing what you got out of this recording Steve.  Your work is pure happiness for my tired old ear. I create a fan club and I take a subscription for your next project

Really Fantastic job, more than this. Thanks a lot

9 minutes ago, Klape said:

So if i'm not mistaken, Robert Plant got sick right after this show ? His voice is tremendous here, yet 3 days later for the famous live at the Gladsaxe Teen Club in Gladsaxe his voice was not in good shape.

I'm not sure about his health, but they played multiple shows on the 14th and 15th and single shows on the 16th, 17th, and 19th. At some point all of that singing in such a short period of time may have caught up with him.

Steve, listened to the downloaded remaster work.  I enjoyed the stereo and fidelity of a

+51 year-old broadcast. Excellent work on your behalf and looking for more from your future

projects.

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

3 minutes ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

Steve, listened to the downloaded remaster work.  I enjoyed the stereo and fidelity of a

+51 year-old broadcast. Excellent work on your behalf and looking for more from your future

projects.

Thanks. This one came out as good as I could have hoped for. I'm working on stereo remixes of a few other shows. I don't know if they will sound as good as this one, but hearing them in stereo really adds something to them.

I'm thinking that the radio broadcast may have been in stereo. No?  Ican remember have a few long play 1960 era recordings that were done in monaural and converted late to a sort of “faux” stereo which to me sounded just horrible.

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

39 minutes ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

I'm thinking that the radio broadcast may have been in stereo. No?  Ican remember have a few long play 1960 era recordings that were done in monaural and converted late to a sort of “faux” stereo which to me sounded just horrible.

ADK-Zeppy

The "faux" stereo sound was likely done by offsetting one track from the other by a small amount, which can give a mono recording a sense of spaciousness that it wouldn't otherwise have. That's easy to do and has been around a long time. The ability to break a mono song into the individual instruments and remix it like you would a true multi-track recording is much more recent technology. It's already advanced enough for commercial use, and should only get better. I'm hoping the band uses it to revisit the BBC sessions and some of their other early mono recordings and releases them in stereo. It really brings the music to life.

Edited by SteveZ98