Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
goldenretreiver157

Paris 1971 lp

Recommended Posts

Im looking for the definitive vinyl version on the paris bbc show. Are there any versions with better sound than the TMOQ bbc broadcast/ stairway to heaven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the 4LP set Complete BBC Performances on Toasted if you don't mind inclusion of the 1969 shows. And who would mind!? The Toasted set still doesn't include Thank You and the WLL medley is the original radio edit so it's cut short at Mess o' the Blues and doesn't include For What It's Worth. FYI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

I like the 4LP set Complete BBC Performances on Toasted if you don't mind inclusion of the 1969 shows. And who would mind!? The Toasted set still doesn't include Thank You and the WLL medley is the original radio edit so it's cut short at Mess o' the Blues and doesn't include For What It's Worth. FYI.

think i may have that one, toasted is awesome

still cant find an lp with thank you on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, goldenretreiver157 said:

think i may have that one, toasted is awesome

still cant find an lp with thank you on it

I haven't heard it myself but there's a 2LP set called Thank You It's Complete. I think the WLL medley is still edited though. I also have an LP called Loose Ends which has Thank You from this show plus a bunch of other rare tracks that are nice to have. Fits into my collection anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zep Hed said:

I haven't heard it myself but there's a 2LP set called Thank You It's Complete. I think the WLL medley is still edited though. I also have an LP called Loose Ends which has Thank You from this show plus a bunch of other rare tracks that are nice to have. Fits into my collection anyway.

been looking for loose ends for a while, seen it only a few times, mainly for the wanton song and the msg tracks, didnt realize it had thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I bought the 'Loose Ends' LP yonks ago (1991?) during a Record Fair (I just had to have a live version of 'The Ocean'). Since I didn't have a turntable, I dubbed the album onto cassette at my brother in Law's house and eventually sold the LP to a fellow Zep-head. It also had a Firm track. Apart from that it was a nice way to have some of the live rarities. On Discogs they're stating this one is from 2010...it isn't, since I snapped it up around 1991

"Thank you it's complete" was originally a double CD on Discurios, one of those early nineties' German' loophole labels. Now that one was bloody awful. The source tape suffered from a distracting background noise (bleed through?) and hiss reduction. If the vinyl is a straight copy of the CD, I would avoid that one. 

Edited by duckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, duckman said:

I bought the 'Loose Ends' LP yonks ago (1991?) during a Record Fair (I just had to have a live version of 'The Ocean'). Since I didn't have a turntable, I dubbed the album onto cassette at my brother in Law's house and eventually sold the LP to a fellow Zep-head. It also had a Firm track. Apart from that it was a nice way to have some of the live rarities. On Discogs they're stating this one is from 2010...it isn't, since I snapped it up around 1991

"Thank you it's complete" was originally a double CD on Discurios, one of those early nineties' German' loophole labels. Now that one was bloody awful. The source tape suffered from a distracting background noise (bleed through?) and hiss reduction. If the vinyl is a straight copy of the CD, I would avoid that one. 

I remember bidding for "Thank you..." on eBay just to have it for posterity and a complete (?) version of BBC 1971. Didn't win as it fetched a hefty tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...