Badgeholder Blues: The Best Of Los Angeles 1977

Bonzo_fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

I just stumbled upon this trailer that ledzepfilm uploaded 20 minutes ago, says it will be released on Sunday.  If the whole thing looks as good as the trailer, it should be quite something!

4 minutes ago, gbauer1 said:
On 6/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, Bonzo_fan said:

I just stumbled upon this trailer that ledzepfilm uploaded 20 minutes ago, says it will be released on Sunday.  If the whole thing looks as good as the trailer, it should be quite something!

The film is awesome. I watched almost The whole movie today. I can’t even imagine the amount of work that went into this. I’d really like to say thank you to Ledzepfilms for dedicating the film to my friend Erik of Listen to This Erik reknown.  Erik passed peacefully from cancer on June 18. It was a gesture that both I and his widow Mary and their family appreciated so much. 

4 hours ago, Jukkin said:

Holy......whatever!!! Four hours of 1977 LA Forum video? I must be dreaming. SOB!! 😨

Hold on there. The audio is all LA Forum but not all of the video is from the Forum. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching this in its entirety two nights ago with my best friend, who I've gotten pretty into Zepp but would not have the attention span to just listen to a bootleg, and we both loved it!  We're far too young to have actually seen Zepp, so it was awesome to enjoy the next-best thing together.  We watched on my laptop with a bluetooth speaker in the backyard to stay 6' apart and spread it out across two nights so as to comply with the noise bylaws 🙄  I look forward to getting my hands on the right type of discs to burn it onto so that I can watch it on the big screen in the basement.

Thank you so much to everyone who worked on this project!  I can't imagine how long it must have taken to put together, but the finished product is fantastic and very professional looking.  

It also got me wondering -- is there enough fan footage out there to make something similar for the '75 tour?  There's obviously a decent amount of pro footage with the last two nights at Earls Court, and a plethora of good soundboards to work with audio-wise.  You could probably even limit the audio to the soundboards of the four Pacific Northwest shows...

On 6/27/2020 at 4:51 PM, Strider said:

Hold on there. The audio is all LA Forum but not all of the video is from the Forum. 

Yeah, Plant's blouses change by the minute, makes Jonesy's TSRTS wardrobe differences look normal. But still amazing. I never knew there was so much video out there. My main thing is the music anyway, that is what's most important to me and this is fantastic. Love it all 🙂

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Awesome work to put this together! I was at both June 21 and 26 shows and they were both incredible. Obviously 6/21 stands out as not only the best show of the six nights but one of their best shows ever. Having my own recording of the night made it even more memorable.  

2 hours ago, gbauer1 said:

Awesome work to put this together! I was at both June 21 and 26 shows and they were both incredible. Obviously 6/21 stands out as not only the best show of the six nights but one of their best shows ever. Having my own recording of the night made it even more memorable.  

The 21st is a damn fine show but to me the 25th & 26th were better. The 21st had energy to spare but Jimmy on the 26th was laser focused and playing some of the best guitar of the whole tour.