How does fan remastering of bootlegs work?

Guest WD52

On 7/17/2020 at 5:07 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Sample of the 9/29/71 stereo remaster. I just need to tie up a couple of loose ends and then I'll post it.

I'm just a layman who doesn't know from Exciter and Sound Forge and stems. But I have to tell you SteveZ98 that this sounds wicked on my stereo. I run my tv/dvd/YouTube and movie streaming services through my stereo...Nakamichi amplifier, ADCOM tuner/equalizer, JBL speakers.

Can't wait to hear the full remaster.

Edited by Strider

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

I'm just a layman who doesn't know from Exciter and Sound Forge and stems. But I have to tell you SteveZ98 that this sounds wicked on my stereo. I run my tv/dvd/YouTube and movie streaming services through my stereo...Nakamichi amplifier, ADCOM tuner/equalizer, JBL speakers.

Can't wait to hear the full remaster.

Thanks. I'll probably release the version you heard in the sample, but I always try some things at the last minute before I release a show to see if I can make it a little better. That's where I'm at right now with this one. Eventually I'll realize I should just leave well enough alone, but I like driving myself insane tweaking something that doesn't need tweaking :)

I'm still putting the finishing touches on the 9/29/71 show (basically trying to tone down the cymbals on a few songs without killing the high end.) I've also started working on the 4/27/77 show. Here's a sample. If the whole thing sounded this good I'd be very happy, but I'm running into a technical problem on some of the songs that I need to figure out (quiet passages get compressed so hard they become inaudible.) I thought it would be easy to fix but it's proven to be more of a pain than I hoped. I have a link for this one song, but not the rest of the show yet. PM if you want a lossless copy of the full song.