Rolling Stones song Scarlet from 1974 w Jimmy Page to be released

1 hour ago, sixpense said:

Ronnie Wood already involved with the stones in 74 and Taylor quit the band by the end of the year. (according to Wiki)

Good track but I don't hear a lot of Jimmy on it.ย ย 

Really?ย  The guitar solos sound right out of PG.

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I was thinking Page's guitarย sounds similar toย  the tone he was using on the "Lord Sutch + Heavy Friends" album, especially the rhythm riff.

2 hours ago, sixpense said:

Ronnie Wood already involved with the stones in 74 and Taylor quit the band by the end of the year. (according to Wiki)

Good track but I don't hear a lot of Jimmy on it.ย ย 

Don't believe everything you read on wikipedia.

8 hours ago, mstork said:

Great track, and the olโ€™ session dog Jimmy fits like a glove. ย Wouldโ€™ve been a great Stone if he was so inclined!

Being a member of the Rolling Stones would have been a complete waste of Jimmy Page's talent.

Hey guys!, how's it going?

I run a YouTube channel and tackle a lot of Page. I pay attention to my analytics, especially over the last few months and noticed a push to my Scarlet video form www.ledzeppelin.com Really grateful for the share, can't believe I never signed up to the forum until now. No looking back now.ย 

Hope you're all well! โค๏ธ

ย 

Best,

Sped

19 hours ago, blindwillie127 said:

ย 

ย 

8 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Sorry, not impressed and as said above, not much Jimmy on it.

Eh ! Page is all over it, the main riff, played all theย  through is Page.

Just now, JTM said:

Eh ! Page is all over it, the main riff, played all theย  through is Page.

Still don't dig it, just nothing there forย me. And his solo is all of 12 seconds long and not a stand out or even anything special. Could have been played by anyone.

1 minute ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Still don't dig it, just nothing there forย me. And his solo is all of 12 seconds long and not a stand out or even anything special. Could have been played by anyone.

I don't dig it either, it's ok, no wonder it's sat in the fault for nearly fifty years.

11 minutes ago, JTM said:

I don't dig it either, it's ok, no wonder it's sat in the fault for nearly fifty years.

and TBH I was a bit confused when I heard the song as the reports through the years about this song said it was either about / for his daughter Scarlet and that it was more pastoral sounding, at least that is what I remember reading. If this is a song about his daughter, her past is more scandalous than Jimmy's, and at only three to boot!

On 7/22/2020 at 11:34 PM, mrlowry said:

Being a member of the Rolling Stones would have been a complete waste of Jimmy Page's talent.

Not suggesting he shouldโ€™ve been a Stone, or shouldโ€™ve wanted to be a Stone. ย Just pointing out his ability to serve the band, and the song. ย A glimpse at what made him so in demand as a session player IMO.

More of a groove than an actual song?ย That's not always a bad thing, but here I can see why it sat in the vaults. Agreed re. the observations on Jimmy's PG-type playing. I'm glad I've finally heard this, but, well, y'know...ย 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:37 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

It does sound a little like Page, I'm wondering about who is playing the second rhythm guitar. (speaker left if listening through headphones)

Obviously the Stones wouldn't have sat on the song for 47 years if it was the quality of a "Kashmir", "Rain Song", or "Ten Years Gone". It is what it is...a curio, another piece in the Jimmy Page puzzle, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Watts' drum recording sounds so damn good on this. The others? Meh.

Agreed. I think some things (like percussion)ย were recorded (re-recorded) recently to make the mix sound fresh.ย 
ย 

R๐Ÿ˜Ž