Jimmy Page says it’s “really unlikely” that Led Zeppelin will tour again in the future

The Rover

When I hear things like this, it makes me sad because when they got back together for that one show, Jimmy wanted to do an album, but Robert didn't want to and I keep thinking what could've been and what that album would be like.

Even if Robert didn't want to do a world tour in support of the album, they could've given us an album.

I heard Black Sabbath's 13, their reunion album with Ozzy and I have to say it wasn't bad, kind of formulated and what you would expect from Ozzy era Sabbath, but still good and I'm sure their diehard fans if no one else were head over heals over the album and tour, if only for nostalgia's sake. 

Thing is, producer boy insisted that 13 sounded as much like 1970 Black Sabbath as possible - even down to rejecting riffs if they didn't fit the 'immediately post-first album' vibe he was after. I don't think 13 is the album they'd've made if left up to their own devices.
I'm ok with Zeppelin putting a full stop on it after the O2.

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Of course it had to be a very one-dimensional question only asking him about L.Z. and excluding asking him about any solo stuff.

Exactly. “Breaking news“ on Led Zeppelin related stuff sells papers / gets clicks while solo projects don’t. The O2 helped to sell the remaster box sets & books. 

R😎

As Jimmy lacks a lyric writer, maybe he could get a machine to do it. Don't believe me? This appeared on YouTube a couple of days ago

Let's face it, it's better than Hot Dog. A bit better....

1 hour ago, Snickybomb said:

It pisses me off that people still ask him about this.  I mean, let the man retire in peace.  It’s never been up to him anyway, and everyone knows it.

Happy to let the man retire in peace. Has he, bty, officially announced his retirement, or should we just project that on him to suit out constructs? He can be who he wants to be, and Jimmy certainly does not have to try and be "Chuck Berry" or "Les Paul."

6 hours ago, 76229 said:

As Jimmy lacks a lyric writer, maybe he could get a machine to do it. Don't believe me? This appeared on YouTube a couple of days ago

I like “Hot Dog” much better. It’s (Hot Dog is) original. This was too contrived ( 80s led clone tripe). I want 5 minutes Of my life back. Lol 😆 😝
Now, back to the thread topic. After 13 years since the O2 concert. let’s just let JP enjoy his life (in his 70s) without asking about any further reunions. If he and the other surviving members want to do something then it’s a bonus. If not, it’s their choice. 

R😎

16 hours ago, paplbojo said:

Agreed. For the best. Happy, even, that Plant cares that much. To do what is best. 

Absolutely. Best way to look at it - keep it as it is, don't risk devaluing it with the prospect of ever-diminishing returns.

22 hours ago, Brigante said:

Thing is, producer boy insisted that 13 sounded as much like 1970 Black Sabbath as possible - even down to rejecting riffs if they didn't fit the 'immediately post-first album' vibe he was after. I don't think 13 is the album they'd've made if left up to their own devices.

I agree, I don't think it would sound like it does had they done their own thing, and if Bill had been a part of it, still not a bad album though.

I have to disagree, I would've loved for Zep to have put out a new album, imagine the possibilties?

18 hours ago, 76229 said:

Sounds more like a parody of Zebra

31 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Sounds more like a parody of Zebra

Closer to a parody of a parody of a cover band of Zebra. Should have been called 5 minute time waster. It was awful. 

R😎

Edited by reids

On 7/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, Brigante said:

I like 13, it's their best album since Sabotage imho.

21 hours ago, 76229 said:

Bleedin' awful.