Jimmy Page says it’s “really unlikely” that Led Zeppelin will tour again in the future

The Rover

"Anyone but Glenn Hughes for me. He is annoying a.f. especially his non stop screaming like a child.

"Yeah, I'm not crazy about the screaming either.

Remember back in the day when your parents complained about all that screaming, the rants of "that's not singing" and all the "baby, baby's"...directed at Robert Plant?  Like the Geico commercial says...you've now become your parents!

9 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

If I was 68 and had those pipes, I'd scream like that every chance I got!

+ 1 Exactly. Some people are just jealous they can’t sing like that (at any age). Lol

We’re just speaking hypothetically here, as JP is in his 70s, hasn’t been seen on stage performing any since 2015 (Seattle playing a little to R&R w/ a bunch of other musicians accepting an award). He hasn’t performed more than a couple of songs together since his on stage appearance (Playing rhythm guitar) w/ Jeff Beck and his band at the RNRHOF ceremony (2009) 11 years ago and he hasn’t performed an entire concert on stage to a crowd in 13 years (O2 Celebration Day) with RP, JPJ & Jason, so given history, most likely he’s done performing live. Why would he want to have any possibility of tarnishing his reputation of being anything less than what he accomplished at the O2 (going out on top) ????  

R😎

Edited by reids

23 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

If I was 68 and had those pipes, I'd scream like that every chance I got!

Screaming can get annoying especially when it's overdone. Hughes is one of these guys. And the tonality of his screams sounds kinda "childish" compared to Gillan's screams (pre 1990) for example. 

I prefer singers like Dio who never or barely screamed.