1971.09.29 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

On 9/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, SteveZ98 said:

I'm glad your enjoying the 9/29/71 remaster. The performance is just amazing. I'm not sure if or when the rest of it will come out. I'd prefer for Jimmy to release it officially, but if that doesn't happen I'll settle for EV or another boot label putting out the rest so we get to hear all of it from the soundboard.

Regarding 3/21/75, I'd only release a show if I thought my version was different enough from what's already been released to be worth my time to work on it and other people's to listen to it. As far as I know, no one else is doing the type of stereo remixes that I am so my version of 3/21/75 will be unique in that regard. Whether anyone likes it better than other versions is up to each person, which is why I provide samples of the remasters so everyone can hear them first to see if they like them enough to download them. And even if someone else released a stereo version of a show right before I released mine and it was better than what I was going to release, I'd happily shelve mine. The only reason I do the remasters is to hear Zep in the best possible sound quality, so if someone else puts out a version that's better than mine then I'll gladly listen to theirs instead.  Winston's "The Great Love Affair" is still my go to for the 9/4/70 show even though I've done my own remaster of it, and Liriodendren's matrix of the 7/7/80 show is my favorite version of the last show with Bonzo.

Just listening to the show again. It really holds up well. A balanced and clear production.

My vote would be for a completion of the show.

As you wrote above, there are other boots. But none I've heard have the quality you have done.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, drpete said:

Steve,  have you considered taking on the 4/27/69 recording?  I love that show and would love to hear your mastery of it

I've been working on it for the past month. I'm just doing some final adjustments to it, so I should be able to release it in a few weeks. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...