Untitled

apantherfrommd

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Just curious Kip, why do you care? Why would anyone care the degree of melatonin in a persons skin, where they are from, how they worship or chose not to worship. These are non-issues which should have zero bearing on anything. I am actually annoyed the census even asks this question as it is irrelevant. 

If someone wants to identify as white when they are black or mixed, ok, I don't care. If someone wants to identify as a pink pony or an artichoke again, I don't care as it does not affect me in any way. Man who identifies as a woman, woman who identifies as a poly-gender from Proxima Centauri, again, don't care.

I agree with you about the census.  The census should do one thing and one thing only, and that is count the number of people who live in each state/district for the purpose of assigning representation.  But that isn't what they do, they want to know race, ethnicity, age, your phone number, how you are related to other people in the home.... and that is just for the short census form. On the long form they want to know what language you speak, where you immigrated here from, what your level of education is,  if you have a disability, if you have trouble concentrating or putting your own clothes on..... I'm not making this up.  They ask questions about what kind of work you do, how you commute to work or school (car, motorcycle, bus, train... etc.); they ask about how many rooms are in your house, what your house is worth, do you have gas, electric, or solar energy, how many toilets.

ALL is BULLSHIT!  And I don't participate.

I don't care how people identify, but why are they asking those questions in the first place?  They don't need to know your race. And if people can just bullshit that response anyway, then  don't even ask it. Just count how many people and be done. 

1 hour ago, kipper said:

I agree with you about the census.  The census should do one thing and one thing only, and that is count the number of people who live in each state/district for the purpose of assigning representation.  But that isn't what they do, they want to know race, ethnicity, age, your phone number, how you are related to other people in the home.... and that is just for the short census form. On the long form they want to know what language you speak, where you immigrated here from, what your level of education is,  if you have a disability, if you have trouble concentrating or putting your own clothes on..... I'm not making this up.  They ask questions about what kind of work you do, how you commute to work or school (car, motorcycle, bus, train... etc.); they ask about how many rooms are in your house, what your house is worth, do you have gas, electric, or solar energy, how many toilets.

ALL is BULLSHIT!  And I don't participate.

I don't care how people identify, but why are they asking those questions in the first place?  They don't need to know your race. And if people can just bullshit that response anyway, then  don't even ask it. Just count how many people and be done. 

I agree 100% with this except for maybe the disabled (due to need for handicap access). The rest though, why? Why is that type of info important? 

When I had a bike I used to buy 'Iron Horse' magazine and they had a feature called 'Jap Junk.' Saw this the other day at the wrecking yard. Things haven't changed much. What a waste of resources. 

JAP JUNK_Moment (2).jpg

1 hour ago, redrum said:

When I had a bike I used to buy 'Iron Horse' magazine and they had a feature called 'Jap Junk.' Saw this the other day at the wrecking yard. Things haven't changed much. What a waste of resources. 

JAP JUNK_Moment (2).jpg

Now Japanese stuff is the good stuff.  Chinese is the junk now.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

JAP JUNK_Moment (2).jpg

Tell ya one thing, as far as bikes are concerned BMW is the gold standard. The real irony is a new BMW touring bike costs about 1/3 of the price of a comparable Harley but at much, MUCH higher quality.

Harley's are such overrated crap. You know they stink when Sonny Barger himself said he wanted the club to switch to Triumph's back in the 60's because Harley's sucked so bad.

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Tell ya one thing, as far as bikes are concerned BMW is the gold standard. The real irony is a new BMW touring bike costs about 1/3 of the price of a comparable Harley but at much, MUCH higher quality.

Harley's are such overrated crap. You know they stink when Sonny Barger himself said he wanted the club to switch to Triumph's back in the 60's because Harley's sucked so bad.

Triumph bikes have always been cool.   Problem with hogs aren't so much about the bikes, but the stupid shit so many add to them.  Saw a guy on Harley on the freeway a few years ago rolling along with just about every after market chunk of shit he could put on the thing, and then also wearing one of these (see below).  My first inclination was to run him off the road and beat him senseless with his own shoes for his own good.  Thought maybe he just buy a little girl's dress, and strap a box of tampons on his bike--- to complete "the look" he was going for with the orange crossing guard vest. Hell, he's on a damn Harley for Pete's sake; he isn't collecting shopping carts at Walmart!

spacer.png

Edited by kipper

2 hours ago, kipper said:

Triumph bikes have always been cool.   Problem with hogs aren't so much about the bikes, but the stupid shit so many add to them.  Saw a guy on Harley on the freeway a few years ago rolling along with just about every after market chunk of shit he could put on the thing, and then also wearing one of these (see below).  My first inclination was to run him off the road and beat him senseless with his how shoes for his own good.  Thought maybe he just buy a little girl's dress, and strap a box of tampons on his bike--- to complete "the look" he was going for with the orange crossing guard vest. Hell, he's on a damn Harley for Pete's sake; he isn't collecting shopping carts at Walmart!

spacer.png

Dude :hysterical: that was priceless 

On 3/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, kipper said:

Now Japanese stuff is the good stuff.  Chinese is the junk now.

It's amazing how they just get tossed into the junk pile. Some are rebuilt, but not many. They are turnkey reliable though. My frinend had an '81 Kawi KZ750 and never had any problems with it. Plus, he got 50MPG. Me? I just had to keep fucking around with an old money pit Sportster. Then I got a Shovelhead that was 100 times worse and was a gutless turd. 

On 3/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, BobDobbs said:

It's true about the BMW's. Harleys are overrated, over weight and over priced. They look and sound good, but that's about it. The long diesel stroke will never beat a Jap high winder. If I ever got another bike it would be a Moto-Guzzi. 

bmwscene43.jpg740_1972-moto-guzzi-v850-california.ashx?h=444&w=740&la=en&hash=C7C34DC2A7F825CC7205FCE491622392A119943B

8 hours ago, redrum said:

It's true about the BMW's. Harleys are overrated, over weight and over priced. They look and sound good, but that's about it. The long diesel stroke will never beat a Jap high winder. If I ever got another bike it would be a Moto-Guzzi. 

bmwscene43.jpg740_1972-moto-guzzi-v850-california.ashx?h=444&w=740&la=en&hash=C7C34DC2A7F825CC7205FCE491622392A119943B

Those are two sweet looking bikes my friend.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:18 AM, RainbowElf said:

Are Texaco gas stations still around? I haven't seen one in ages where I'm from, and there use to be a few.

Not sure, but none around here. We have Valero here and there. Up 50 cents a gallon here. Cocksuckers. 

13 hours ago, redrum said:

Not sure, but none around here. We have Valero here and there. Up 50 cents a gallon here. Cocksuckers. 

I use Shell gas VPower, I remember Texaco got accused of being racist for something the company said, I believe in the late 90's early 2000's, I think that was they're downfall and they never recuperated from that.

I was living in Newark at the time there was one right down the street from me, after those comments they soon closed, they were known for having the best quality gas I read once, them and now Shell, we have Valero allover the place here in Jersey, I use them once in awhile when I don't have access to Shell, my Gas station back in the day was Sunoco when Ultra was 94 octane, now it's only 93.

Edit: Wait till Biden does more airstrikes, we'll be paying five dollars a gallon again, like I was back in 2011 when we were fighting the muslims, it was costing me $50 bucks to fill my tank, I had a 6 cylinder Dodge Intrepid.

Edited by RainbowElf

Gas price increases are due to what happened in Texas and bad weather in general causing damage to refineries and distribution hubs.

Just an FYI as facts are important. 

Ps. There is no difference in the quality of gas from on station or provider to the next. Chevron, Texaco, Valeo, etc. all pull their trucks up to the same place and load the same fuel. The only "difference" is some places do put additives in their gas but the additives actually do little to nothing, its all marketing.