Untitled

apantherfrommd

On 3/19/2021 at 8:00 AM, BobDobbs said:

Ps. There is no difference in the quality of gas from on station or provider to the next. Chevron, Texaco, Valeo, etc. all pull their trucks up to the same place and load the same fuel. The only "difference" is some places do put additives in their gas but the additives actually do little to nothing, its all marketing.

Thats interesting BobDobbs, here (Australia) there is actually a BIG difference. I only use BP to fill the bike as BP ultimate is the most expensive fuel of any servo, but clearly the best. I've had 2 different bike mechanics also advise to use only this fuel. I did put low end 7-11 fuel in once, and the bike often stalled at the lights or whenever I stopped in traffic. Took 2 tanks of fuel to recover from that.

We don't refine out own crude here anymore, so it is a different market set up, but there is definitely differences here.

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Thats interesting BobDobbs, here (Australia) there is actually a BIG difference. I only use BP to fill the bike as BP ultimate is the most expensive fuel of any servo, but clearly the best. I've had 2 different bike mechanics also advise to use only this fuel. I did put low end 7-11 fuel in once, and the bike often stalled at the lights or whenever I stopped in traffic. Took 2 tanks of fuel to recover from that.

We don't refine out own crude here anymore, so it is a different market set up, but there is definitely differences here.

There is a difference here in the US also, the Bikers I knew only use to use Sunoco Ultra for their Bikes when it was 94 octane, the highest Octane available. my mechanic also told told me not to use cheap no brand gas, it'll ruin your car, I know my mechanic for years and trust him, I don't think he would lie to me and knows more about cars than some regular joe shmoe who wants to be a penny wise and a dollar foolish, on saving a few pennies by using a low grade no name brand gas in their car and then have engine trouble.

Edited by RainbowElf

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

In the states it is pretty much all the same, just marketing gimmicks and and easily duped consumers. I used to drive a truck back in the late 90's and one gig was for a fuel distribution hub, that's where I learned its all the same stuff. Sunoco, Texaco, Aarco, etc. all pull up to the exact same pipe and get the exact same gas / diesel. Now when they get to their own hub they may add additives or increase the octane but the gas itself is all the same. The only real difference is if the octane is higher as the additives literally do nothing.

Marketing is king and a fool and his / her money are soon parted. At least in the States.

8 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

There is a difference here in the US also, the Bikers I knew only use to use Sunoco Ultra for their Bikes when it was 94 octane, the highest Octane available. my mechanic also told told me not to use cheap no brand gas, it'll ruin your car, I know my mechanic for years and trust him, I don't think he would lie to me and knows more about cars than some regular joe shmoe who wants to be a penny wise and a dollar foolish, on saving a few pennies by using a low grade no name brand gas in their car and then have engine trouble.

My last bike had low 8:1 compression. My mechanic gave me some 105 racing gas and when I got to a road where I could open it up, it was like I'd been fired from a cannon. I could not believe it and my plugs never looked so clean. I can only imagine if my motor had 12:1 compression. The stuff he gave me looked like grape soda. He was also a drag racer. 

Here's the jinxed engine I had. It was called a 'Super-Vee' and was not really super at all, thanks to the crooks who made it and the dimwits who assembled it. 

The SuperVee | Bike-urious

12 hours ago, redrum said:

My last bike had low 8:1 compression. My mechanic gave me some 105 racing gas and when I got to a road where I could open it up, it was like I'd been fired from a cannon. I could not believe it and my plugs never looked so clean. I can only imagine if my motor had 12:1 compression. The stuff he gave me looked like grape soda. He was also a drag racer. 

Here's the jinxed engine I had. It was called a 'Super-Vee' and was not really super at all, thanks to the crooks who made it and the dimwits who assembled it. 

The SuperVee | Bike-urious

The better quality the gas the better engine performance, for your car all around.

I use Shell V-Power all the time.

15 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

More like Octa stupid, and that’s not towards you Redrum.

C'mon now Elfie, doesn't a little humour lighten your day.

Edited by JTM

6 hours ago, JTM said:

C'mon now Elfie, doesn't a little humour lighten your day.

The Elf-Man is beyond such petty contrivances. The man is a warrior of Jesus warning us of the evils of Satanic pizza and the Devil Vaccine.

No time for jokes Dr. Jones 🙂 

On 3/18/2021 at 6:00 PM, BobDobbs said:

Gas price increases are due to what happened in Texas and bad weather in general causing damage to refineries and distribution hubs.

Just an FYI as facts are important. 

Ps. There is no difference in the quality of gas from on station or provider to the next. Chevron, Texaco, Valeo, etc. all pull their trucks up to the same place and load the same fuel. The only "difference" is some places do put additives in their gas but the additives actually do little to nothing, its all marketing.

Incorrect. Gas prices soared before the Texas snowpocalypse (2/17). It’s just yet another tax (.60+ per gallon) added upon the US since January 2021..    https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_gas_price

R😎

723B7ADA-C794-48BA-97A3-B0257104FC38.jpeg

FB22C2DF-D74D-4F3F-AA6B-03134FA58CC7.jpeg

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, JTM said:

I'll forgive you.

I’m not asking to be forgiven, you said you were trying to be friendly by calling me Ellie, so being the good guy that I am, I said I was sorry, I didn’t or am in no way asking for forgiveness, so please don’t turn this into something it’s not.

I’m being nice and your trying to undermine that.

9 hours ago, reids said:

Incorrect. Gas prices soared before the Texas snowpocalypse (2/17). It’s just yet another tax (.60+ per gallon) added upon the US since January 2021..    https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_gas_price

R😎

723B7ADA-C794-48BA-97A3-B0257104FC38.jpeg

FB22C2DF-D74D-4F3F-AA6B-03134FA58CC7.jpeg

Howdy Reids. I did not see the part about an additional $0.60 tax added, can you direct me to that please as I likely just missed it.

Thank you Sir