Untitled

apantherfrommd

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Howdy Reids. I did not see the part about an additional $0.60 tax added, can you direct me to that please as I likely just missed it.

Thank you Sir

Considering, the US has been oil independent for years, the only thing that would cause a spike in gas prices in a consistently flattened economy (see red highlighted & circled charts) due to covid (as people are mostly working from home or not working with stimulus money; decreasing demand and definitely no decrease in supply) would be a difference in policy as of January (see red circle and arrows). Therefore, it is a direct (Local and Federal) tax on the people paying at the pump. 

R😎

2C4C3CCF-8BD0-4854-A1CE-39B8665D4857.jpeg

D56206E6-FE4F-450E-AC8C-85F69B2B0BF8.jpeg

F163A38F-8817-4390-A00D-A318097FEFA0.jpeg

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, reids said:

Considering, the US has been oil independent for years, the only thing that would cause a spike in gas prices in a consistently flattened economy (see red highlighted & circled charts) due to covid (as people are mostly working from home or not working with stimulus money; decreasing demand and definitely no decrease in supply) would be a difference in policy as of January (see red circle and arrows). Therefore, it is a direct (Local and Federal) tax on the people paying at the pump. 

R😎

2C4C3CCF-8BD0-4854-A1CE-39B8665D4857.jpeg

D56206E6-FE4F-450E-AC8C-85F69B2B0BF8.jpeg

F163A38F-8817-4390-A00D-A318097FEFA0.jpeg

So is there or is there not an actual $0.60 tax which was added in January? Your response was nebulous at best.

50 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

So is there or is there not an actual $0.60 tax which was added in January? Your response was nebulous at best.

Are you not paying .60+ more for gasoline compared to January?  There has been no value added to the price of oil or crude oil since January while having a steeper tax increase (see charts again). My response with visual aides and historical facts is transparent.  If you didn’t get it, perhaps you’re looking for a different response that lines up with your opinion or need to look at supply demand economic basics, which can be found at the library or online. Have a good day.  End of discussion. 

R😎

Edited by reids

48 minutes ago, reids said:

Are you not paying .60+ more for gasoline compared to January?  There has been no value added to the price of oil or crude oil since January while having a steeper tax increase (see charts again). My response with visual aides and historical facts is transparent.  If you didn’t get it, perhaps you’re looking for a different response that lines up with your opinion or need to look at supply demand economic basics, which can be found at the library or online. Have a good day.  End of discussion. 

R😎

I was simply asking a question, if you cannot answer it no need to be rude. Fact is you are wrong, there is no $0.60 tax which was added. Just because the price of gas goes up does not mean it is because of some imaginary tax you crow about. There are several factors which cause these increases and in this case tax has nothing to do with it. At least not at the federal level. Whatever the state does tax wise has nothing to do with the Fed.

Peace out Mr. Happy

Edited by BobDobbs

5 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I was simply asking a question, if you cannot answer it no need to be rude. Fact is you are wrong, there is no $0.60 tax which was added. Just because the price of gas goes up does not mean it is because of some imaginary tax you crow about. There are several factors which cause these increases and in this case tax has nothing to do with it.

Peace out Mr. Happy

You were rude. You have your opinions but I was simply trying to answer a question without political leanings. Fact: Federal government has tax bill introduced 1/27 and passed shortly after by Democrats.
https://www.lyndentribune.com/news/massive-gas-fuel-tax-bill-introduced/article_168b7624-6035-11eb-b2db-5b6a0905b4ed.html

There you go Mr. Happy.

Peace.

R😎

Edited by reids

2 minutes ago, reids said:

You were rude. You have your opinions but I was simply trying to answer a question without political leanings. Fact: Federal has tax was introduced 1/27 and passed shortly after by Democrats.
https://www.lyndentribune.com/news/massive-gas-fuel-tax-bill-introduced/article_168b7624-6035-11eb-b2db-5b6a0905b4ed.html

There you go Mr. Happy.

oeace.

R😎

What on Earth are you talking about? The bill passed the house and is in committee in the Senate, it has not passed much less been implemented. Talk about spin! BTW I NEVER made this political but you sure did.

Hypocrite 

5 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

What on Earth are you talking about? The bill passed the house and is in committee in the Senate, it has not passed much less been implemented. Talk about spin! BTW I NEVER made this political but you sure did.

Hypocrite 

You didn’t like the facts presented, so you had to get nasty. Typical. You first ask what tax, then asked where the tax came from. I answered both with sources, diagrams, charts with colors, shapes and arrows, so you or anyone could easily find them. You didn’t like the answers, so I brought more historical facts to keep it objective. Then you spin it with name calling. If you didn’t like the truth, you shouldn’t have asked in the first place. You made a claim of the Texas storms (2/17) causing this (from January) which is where I called your error out. You didn’t like that so,  you continued to ask for more info, which I provided. Local and national can add taxes at any time, which has been what happened (.60+ Hike since January). Gas Prices will probably continue to climb Quicker than any year since 2015 due to more taxes (even though the US is/was oil independent as of January 2021).

R😎

2 hours ago, reids said:

You didn’t like the facts presented, so you had to get nasty. Typical. You first ask what tax, then asked where the tax came from. I answered both with sources, diagrams, charts with colors, shapes and arrows, so you or anyone could easily find them. You didn’t like the answers, so I brought more historical facts to keep it objective. Then you spin it with name calling. If you didn’t like the truth, you shouldn’t have asked in the first place. You made a claim of the Texas storms (2/17) causing this (from January) which is where I called your error out. You didn’t like that so,  you continued to ask for more info, which I provided. Local and national can add taxes at any time, which has been what happened (.60+ Hike since January). Gas Prices will probably continue to climb Quicker than any year since 2015 due to more taxes (even though the US is/was oil independent as of January 2021).

R😎

10 hours ago, reids said:

R😎

That's why I put him on ignore Reids, the guy likes to start trouble and poke fun at people, at least I don't have to read his posts anymore or I'll wind up getting banned.

5 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

That's why I put him on ignore Reids, the guy likes to start trouble and poke fun at people, at least I don't have to read his posts anymore or I'll wind up getting banned.

I see he’s a troll. He’ll end up getting himself banned. Have a good one, RainbowElf. 

R😎

On 3/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, RainbowElf said:

I’m not asking to be forgiven, you said you were trying to be friendly by calling me Ellie, so being the good guy that I am, I said I was sorry, I didn’t or am in no way asking for forgiveness, so please don’t turn this into something it’s not.

I’m being nice and your trying to undermine that.

I think you meant to type "You're" as in "you are" not "your", it's a misapplication of those two words that many people make.

Edited by JTM

1 hour ago, reids said:

I see he’s a troll. He’ll end up getting himself banned. Have a good one, RainbowElf. 

R😎

I have no doubt it's that "Citizen of the World" guy in Arizona who used to post here as IpMan and then PeaceFrogYum. 

Edited by SteveAJones

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I have no doubt it's that "Citizen of the World" guy in Arizona who used to post here as IpMan and then PeaceFrogYum. 

So let me get this straight, I ask a question in a polite manner, then ask for clarification on what is essentially an opinion and not factual as posted, am replied to in a rude manner and yet somehow I am the bad guy? Then you accuse me of being someone I am not as well. 

This is really silly. I feel like I am back in jr. high with all the immaturity and general bullying attitude toward those which simply ask questions you don't like.

Its a forum, lighten up.

12 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Might be linked with JTM.

9 hours ago, reids said:

Yup 🕵️

R😎

What have I done, whatya pickin' on me fer.  I'm not connected with anyone.

Edited by JTM

On 3/16/2021 at 4:18 AM, RainbowElf said:

Are Texaco gas stations still around? I haven't seen one in ages where I'm from, and there use to be a few.

Yeah, they are still around. Generally good gas, but I NEVER go one.

When I turned 18 and was attempting to establish some credit I applied to four gas companies and 3 of them turned me down, only Union 76 sent me a card. So, I contacted the 3 that refused me (Mobil, Texaco, and Chevron) and asked them to reconsider, and if they would just give me a limited $100 max credit line, I would appreciate it. I was working full time and could show the ability to pay.  Mobil reconsidered and sent me a card... thank you!  But Texaco and Chevron both still said NO way, so I vowed to NEVER spend a nickle ever at one of their stations for the rest of my life.

Fuel pricing in Australia seems to be an enigma wrapped inside a riddle - and feels like a complete scam. Price hikes for any perceived or real supply constraints are IMMEDIATELY passed onto the consumers at the pump. Literally the same day or day after any real or perceived issue is widely reported. On the flip side, when pricing is reported to be coming down due to oversupply, the "wholesale price" dropping, or whatever, it takes days or even weeks for an adjustment to "flow through" and somehow it magically is almost no real reduction no matter the upstream changes.

It is completely fucked.

Not to mention the extreme gouging around Christmas/Easter holiday breaks.

And every time it is investigated every cunt throws up their hands claiming it's nothing to do with them (major oil companies, independent and big name service stations, distributors). Even the media fall back on their it's incredibly difficult to work out how petrol is priced story line which does NOTHING to explain things. The few times the news media calls out pricing that is transparently wrong (price drops don't happen - clearly profiteering is afoot) - nothing ever happens. Politicians say a shit ton while saying nothing and the gouging continues.....

I would bet dollars to donuts someone (group/company/person/Government) makes out like a BANDIT on our piss weak political resolve to actually help a population routinely gouged/ripped off.

11 hours ago, kipper said:

Yeah, they are still around. Generally good gas, but I NEVER go one.

When I turned 18 and was attempting to establish some credit I applied to four gas companies and 3 of them turned me down, only Union 76 sent me a card. So, I contacted the 3 that refused me (Mobil, Texaco, and Chevron) and asked them to reconsider, and if they would just give me a limited $100 max credit line, I would appreciate it. I was working full time and could show the ability to pay.  Mobil reconsidered and sent me a card... thank you!  But Texaco and Chevron both still said NO way, so I vowed to NEVER spend a nickle ever at one of their stations for the rest of my life.

Is Union 76 Connoco Phillips?

14 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Is Union 76 Connoco Phillips?

Yeah I think maybe it is owned by Connoco Phillips now.  It's so hard to keep track of all the oil company mergers and acquisitions. I think they are just now call "76" and not Union 76

Union 76 had been based here in SoCal in El Segundo. Not far from Long Beach and the port of Los Angeles, right near Los Angeles International Airport.

Their signs were a large orange ball with "76" on them signifying the year 1776.  Back in the 60s if you filled your tank they would give you an orange 76 ball to put on your antenna.  I always thought they were cool.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, kipper said:

Yeah I think maybe it is owned by Connoco Phillips now.  It's so hard to keep track of all the oil company mergers and acquisitions. I think they are just now call "76" and not Union 76

Union 76 had been based here in SoCal in El Segundo. Not far from Long Beach and the port of Los Angeles, right near Los Angeles International Airport.

Their signs were a large orange ball with "76" on them signifying the year 1776.  Back in the 60s if you filled your tank they would give you an orange 76 ball to put on your antenna.  I always thought they were cool.

spacer.png

Here in Jersey they're kind of new, they're either named Connoco or 76, but mostly that I've seen they're named simply Connoco.