Untitled

apantherfrommd

2 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Just a paper bear, really? But wait a moment, wasn´t there someone with a similar estimation some time ago........if only I could remember......

Ah, I`ve got it, here we go:  "Russia is just a rotten house, kick in the front door and watch the house collapse"

To the best of my recollection that someone was very wrong (Thank heaven). Wrong, like that little megalomaniac, erm, that french.....or corsican.............

Well, to be fair Hitler was right, the problem was Hitler. If Hitler would have let his generals command the invasion without his multiple interference, Germany would have taken Moscow and conquered the Soviets by early October. That is not in dispute as every single historian agrees with this. Russia was a rotten house, but it was a rotten house saved by two things: Hitler's stupidity in overriding his generals and changing established plans mid-stream, plus splitting his army groups not once but three times! The second was lend-lease. Lend-lease is what won WWII. Even with Hitler screwing up, without lend-lease the Soviets would have lost. The irony is even though the US did less fighting and had less casualties overall then many of our allies, it was logistics, and manufacturing which won WWII. American logistics and manufacturing to be precise.

Russia's military is designed for theatre combat only in regard to conventional forces. Only their nukes have offensive capability beyond a few hundred miles and most of their conventional forces, technology wise, are a good 30 years behind the US & NATO. Russia has only been a threat to the US and greater world as a result of their nukes, in a conventional war China would defeat them before the Russians could say Nyet. The only exception to this is their submarine fleet as they are fielding two new subs (one a ballistic missile and one an attack sub) which are two very good subs, particularly the attack sub. Problem is, Russia can't afford them so most likely only a handful will ever make it to completion, nowhere near in enough numbers to make any difference.

Check out this article, explains it much better than I ever could:

Not So Scary: This Is Why Russia's Military Is a Paper Tiger | The National Interest

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Right on Brother, Slack is BACK!!! We will defeat the Pinks and their ridiculous philosophies based on human subjugation!

Let there be a Bob in every driveway and a Connie in every house. UNITE!!!

10 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

We do need to have a unified, heavy hand regarding China otherwise we may regret it.

100% this. At present it seems war is more inevitable than avoidable given the Taiwan problem alone. My son turns 18 next month, I really do now fear for his future in that he may well be subject to a "draft".

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

100% this. At present it seems war is more inevitable than avoidable given the Taiwan problem alone. My son turns 18 next month, I really do now fear for his future in that he may well be subject to a "draft".

I too worry about the South China Sea and everything surrounding the area being subject to a grab by China. They will start small, disputed islands and the like but the real kickoff will be if they go after Taiwan. If that happens China is sending clear intent that everything in their general vicinity is theirs.

The big questions is will China favor the position of world economic leader over expansionism at the possible cost of its economy? War is usually good for business but not in China's case as all they have to gain is mostly useless land and territory. I could be wrong but I believe China wants the cash, door #1 please. However like any good bunch of despots they still need that shiny military to show the world they are the big dog on the block, F-off. Time will tell.

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Them North Korean honeys are rather sexy 🙂 Too bad they crazy too. Never sleep with crazy, it always ends up bad.

Not crazy, just typical of the culture there. Lot of "switches" thrown the wrong direction--- and not just in the North either. Lots of Koreans here in SoCal. Almost a medieval mind set in may ways. Very controlling society. The way the fathers and older brothers dictate to the rest of the family is almost bizarre. My Korean neighbor lady is married (to an American white guy), in her 40s, and her older brother still tries to dictate EVERYTHING to her and her kids. Including what kind of car to drive, where to buy it, and how her money is invested.

No thanks.

9 hours ago, kipper said:

Not crazy, just typical of the culture there. Lot of "switches" thrown the wrong direction--- and not just in the North either. Lots of Koreans here in SoCal. Almost a medieval mind set in may ways. Very controlling society. The way the fathers and older brothers dictate to the rest of the family is almost bizarre. My Korean neighbor lady is married (to an American white guy), in her 40s, and her older brother still tries to dictate EVERYTHING to her and her kids. Including what kind of car to drive, where to buy it, and how her money is invested.

No thanks.

Had some Korean neighbors in Hayward. They weren't bad. The real old lady was a trip. 

This may get a little long. My friend Keith owns some rental property with 2-1/2 acres. A year ago he rented to a Mexican family and the guy seemed to be ok as he was clearing out a lot of the brush and berry bushes plus keeping the placed mowed and trimmed. I had been doing that for Keith and making a little extra money, but I saw that this guy had it covered and I told him to just let him do the work.  Things were cool for some months but a couple months ago I began to get some texts from Keith about this guy. Apparently, he'd been going into the off limits sheds and garages plus an old barn and just helping himself to things that were not his. He then began to abuse the riding mowers, tractor with brush hog and trimmer by pretty much wrecking all of them. He also cannibalized the neighbor's brand new bicycle. He also tried to make Keith pay for unauthorized work he did inside the small house. Keith wasn't having any of it. So, things began to get a bit testy between them. This guy also hassled the girl who's renting the front house. Of course the dickhead denied everything (yes, the riding mower decks removed themselves, the trimmer rope broke itself, etc.) and tensions began to build. So, the girl in the front put in some security cameras because she thought he may also be a peeping tom. The punk must have realized his shenanigans were being watched and he didn't like that. We believe he's an illegal and can barely speak English. A bit over a week ago the security camera got him riding his bike into the driveway, he gets off the bike, grabs a soccer ball, places it on the ground and as hard as he could kicked it towards the garage door and it breaks two of the door windows. You can see him pretty much high fiving himself for that. He had also cleared out an area in the back of the property as his own private little soccer field. 😄 So, us 3 finally went to the police to report this stuff and showed the video of him breaking the windows. The cop seemed to be skeptical even with the video evidence. Yes, officer, we're all here together just flappin' our gums for nothing. So, he took the report and our names and lo and behold not 2 days later the camera catches this chump beating his girlfriend up and pulling her around by her hair and throwing her to the ground. Tut tut, little man. The cops came (including the skeptical one) and a female officer arrested the little asswipe and he didn't like that as you could see him resisting her. Me and Keith then watched him in court yesterday via live streaming. His bail was set at $50,000. Of course he pleaded not guilty. Then, his girlfriend speaks and she starts blubbering about how he needs to be home for the kids, work, and why does he have to stay in jail,  blah, blah, blah. The proscecutor had earlier stated that the video was very disturbing and she did not want him released, period. The judge then told her that more police are killed on domestic violence calls than any other and that he wasn't releasing him on that point and for the protection of her and the police. I doubt seriously she can come up with the 10% bail money. They finally let him speak and he says: Does this mean I can't go home?😆 He's definiteley a dim bulb and we hope they deport his sorry little ass.

22 minutes ago, redrum said:

This may get a little long. My friend Keith owns some rental property with 2-1/2 acres. A year ago he rented to a Mexican family and the guy seemed to be ok as he was clearing out a lot of the brush and berry bushes plus keeping the placed mowed and trimmed. I had been doing that for Keith and making a little extra money, but I saw that this guy had it covered and I told him to just let him do the work.  Things were cool for some months but a couple months ago I began to get some texts from Keith about this guy. Apparently, he'd been going into the off limits sheds and garages plus an old barn and just helping himself to things that were not his. He then began to abuse the riding mowers, tractor with brush hog and trimmer by pretty much wrecking all of them. He also cannibalized the neighbor's brand new bicycle. He also tried to make Keith pay for unauthorized work he did inside the small house. Keith wasn't having any of it. So, things began to get a bit testy between them. This guy also hassled the girl who's renting the front house. Of course the dickhead denied everything (yes, the riding mower decks removed themselves, the trimmer rope broke itself, etc.) and tensions began to build. So, the girl in the front put in some security cameras because she thought he may also be a peeping tom. The punk must have realized his shenanigans were being watched and he didn't like that. We believe he's an illegal and can barely speak English. A bit over a week ago the security camera got him riding his bike into the driveway, he gets off the bike, grabs a soccer ball, places it on the ground and as hard as he could kicked it towards the garage door and it breaks two of the door windows. You can see him pretty much high fiving himself for that. He had also cleared out an area in the back of the property as his own private little soccer field. 😄 So, us 3 finally went to the police to report this stuff and showed the video of him breaking the windows. The cop seemed to be skeptical even with the video evidence. Yes, officer, we're all here together just flappin' our gums for nothing. So, he took the report and our names and lo and behold not 2 days later the camera catches this chump beating his girlfriend up and pulling her around by her hair and throwing her to the ground. Tut tut, little man. The cops came (including the skeptical one) and a female officer arrested the little asswipe and he didn't like that as you could see him resisting her. Me and Keith then watched him in court yesterday via live streaming. His bail was set at $50,000. Of course he pleaded not guilty. Then, his girlfriend speaks and she starts blubbering about how he needs to be home for the kids, work, and why does he have to stay in jail,  blah, blah, blah. The proscecutor had earlier stated that the video was very disturbing and she did not want him released, period. The judge then told her that more police are killed on domestic violence calls than any other and that he wasn't releasing him on that point and for the protection of her and the police. I doubt seriously she can come up with the 10% bail money. They finally let him speak and he says: Does this mean I can't go home?😆 He's definiteley a dim bulb and we hope they deport his sorry little ass.

Your a good man Red, sticking up for your neighbors like that and doing the right thing. It's a rare commodity these days.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Your a good man Red, sticking up for your neighbors like that and doing the right thing. It's a rare commodity these days.

Thanks. 👍 So bizarre for all this to happen. I forgot. Him and her called the cops on me and said that I was trespassing. 😆

On 6/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, BobDobbs said:

They just added a malicious mischief charge (for the soccer ball thing) and added $1,000 to his bail. 😄

5 hours ago, redrum said:

They just added a malicious mischief charge (for the soccer ball thing) and added $1,000 to his bail. 😄

Let's see if Homer learns his lesson. Probably not as people like that tend to think the whole world is wrong and only they are right.

On 6/9/2021 at 4:50 PM, redrum said:

Ship his ass to Siberia.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:35 AM, BobDobbs said:

Well, to be fair Hitler was right, the problem was Hitler. If Hitler would have let his generals command the invasion without his multiple interference, Germany would have taken Moscow and conquered the Soviets by early October. That is not in dispute as every single historian agrees with this. Russia was a rotten house, but it was a rotten house saved by two things: Hitler's stupidity in overriding his generals and changing established plans mid-stream, plus splitting his army groups not once but three times! The second was lend-lease. Lend-lease is what won WWII. Even with Hitler screwing up, without lend-lease the Soviets would have lost. The irony is even though the US did less fighting and had less casualties overall then many of our allies, it was logistics, and manufacturing which won WWII. American logistics and manufacturing to be precise.

Russia's military is designed for theatre combat only in regard to conventional forces. Only their nukes have offensive capability beyond a few hundred miles and most of their conventional forces, technology wise, are a good 30 years behind the US & NATO. Russia has only been a threat to the US and greater world as a result of their nukes, in a conventional war China would defeat them before the Russians could say Nyet. The only exception to this is their submarine fleet as they are fielding two new subs (one a ballistic missile and one an attack sub) which are two very good subs, particularly the attack sub. Problem is, Russia can't afford them so most likely only a handful will ever make it to completion, nowhere near in enough numbers to make any difference.

Check out this article, explains it much better than I ever could:

Not So Scary: This Is Why Russia's Military Is a Paper Tiger | The National Interest

In my opinion, Hitler could've won WWII if he hadn't stopped the Blitz and invaded the Soviet Union

On 6/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, redrum said:

What a fucker. You did a good job helping out your neighbour (I know for sure my neighbours would never do that for me), and getting his stupid, little ass into court. I sure damn hope that he gets deported, but I'm not sure if there's a country that will accept him...

Edited by LedZep123

On 6/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, redrum said:

Sorry to hear about this but glad to hear you could help out your friend.  Sadly I think we are going to hear more and more about these types of situations with the huge surge in illegals flooding our borders.  It's not the best and the brightest coming here that way and it is just adding to this country's problems.

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Let's see if Homer learns his lesson. Probably not as people like that tend to think the whole world is wrong and only they are right.

Thanks, guys. I keep waiting for evolution to phase out the assholes of the world. It's a slow process. Even the cop said he would go right back even with the no contact order. Hopefully, the girlfriend will be out of there, Keith will sell the place and be done with it. I wouldn't trust the little bastard or turn my back on him. 

3 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Sorry to hear about this but glad to hear you could help out your friend.  Sadly I think we are going to hear more and more about these types of situations with the huge surge in illegals flooding our borders.  It's not the best and the brightest coming here that way and it is just adding to this country's problems.

You know it's true. 

7 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

What a fucker. You did a good job helping out your neighbour (I know for sure my neighbours would never do that for me), and getting his stupid, little ass into court. I sure damn hope that he gets deported, but I'm not sure if there's a country that will accept him...

I call him 'The Weasel.' The idiot had a small piece of mirror tied to a string and hanging from a tree limb. He wrote on it: REMOVE THIS AND YOU WILL REGRET IT! Say what? Keith cut it down yesterday. No regrets. 😄 One good thing from this is that I'm learning to run Keith's backhoe. :) 

On 6/11/2021 at 11:21 PM, redrum said:

I call him 'The Weasel.' The idiot had a small piece of mirror tied to a string and hanging from a tree limb. He wrote on it: REMOVE THIS AND YOU WILL REGRET IT! Say what? Keith cut it down yesterday. No regrets. 😄 One good thing from this is that I'm learning to run Keith's backhoe. :) 

This is very good as if Mr. Weasel continues his idiotic behaviors, you will have the know how, and ability to dig a nice, deep hole.