Untitled

apantherfrommd

9 hours ago, kipper said:

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name....

🙃

Good to see you back my friend, hope all is well with you and that you're in good health, a Very Happy, Safe and Prosperous New year to you.

Edited by RainbowElf

14 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Good to see you back my friend, hope all is well with you and that you're in good health, a Very Happy, Safe and Prosperous New year to you.

Thank you RB.  All good here, hope the same for you and everyone else.

Lots of covid spikes here in the Los Angeles area. News said today that 1 in 5 tested here are positive for covid.

I am holed up inside like the uni Bomber.  It's going to be long winter here in sunny SoCal.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:38 AM, kipper said:

Thank you RB.  All good here, hope the same for you and everyone else.

Lots of covid spikes here in the Los Angeles area. News said today that 1 in 5 tested here are positive for covid.

I am holed up inside like the uni Bomber.  It's going to be long winter here in sunny SoCal.

Thank you, Kipper.

Seems like things are getting worse with this Coronavirus, mutant strains popping up, I don't know what's going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Yep, he and Lennon really shit the bed on that one.

For much of my life I really didn't like Beatles songs. Could be just too much airplay, or like I said, the later studio stuff just sounded over produced to my ear. I really think they were rattled by Brian Wilson and Pet Sounds, and then tried too hard in the studio to be relevent. I also think "Sir" George Martin was very overrated.

In later life I realized the songs they wrote were actually brilliant, but I needed to hear them performed by other artists and a more stripped down way to appreciate it.

Personally, the Stones had much better studio albums (prior to Tattoo you), and nobody, NOBODY could touch The Who when it came to live performances.

Lastly...

two most underrated British acts were The Kinks and the Yardbirds

Where does LZ fit into all of this....

Best "cover band" of all time....  hehehe

Here is Oasis (Noel Gallagher)  covering Strawberry Fields  (song starts 40 seconds in)

Edited by kipper

On 1/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, redrum said:

I'm currently reading 'Be My Baby' by Ronnie Spector. Phil was a Jekyll & Hyde type.

I put the Spector thing here because he is undeserving of a place in the Rest in Peace thread.

9 hours ago, JTM said:

I put the Spector thing here because he is undeserving of a place in the Rest in Peace thread.

Spector was a dirtbag even before he killed his girlfriend. There are lots of Spectors in the RIP thread, just not many who went as far as Spector. Why are we always shocked when we learn about a Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Roman Powlansiki--- or  many others?  Part of who they are, we as a culture played a part in creating when we ignored the warning signs.

The music industry should have defamed Spector 50 years ago for some of the stuff he was known to be doing. It wasn't like people were not aware he was piece of shit then.  But oh no, as long as some people are getting paid...

4 hours ago, kipper said:

Spector was a dirtbag even before he killed his girlfriend. There are lots of Spectors in the RIP thread, just not many who went as far as Spector. Why are we always shocked when we learn about a Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Roman Powlansiki--- or  many others?  Part of who they are, we as a culture played a part in creating when we ignored the warning signs.

The music industry should have defamed Spector 50 years ago for some of the stuff he was known to be doing. It wasn't like people were not aware he was piece of shit then.  But oh no, as long as some people are getting paid...

Yeah sick freak, good riddance.

Had a "discussion" with a female co-worker who happens to be a single mom and complained about not being able to find the right guy.  I shared this with her:

Look this really isn't that hard. A man just needs to be:

1) Highly successful and hardworking but have plenty of time for me whenever I need or want him around.

2) He needs to be mysterious because tingles but be completely open and honest because of my insecurities

3) He needs to be desperately wanted by every other woman on Earth yet only interested in me

4) He needs to be highly athletic and in great shape but be happy taking me out to eat junk food whenever I want nor care about my obesity

5) He needs to be highly educated and speak 3 languages fluently even if I have a worthless degree in Human services and only speak English and that not very well

6) He needs to hate Trump and be a very liberal "tax the rich to death" kind of person yet have a huge nest egg and lots of money to spend on me

7) He needs to love children especially my children that I had with Tyrone and Chad before I met him

😎 He needs to step up and "be a man" yet let me completely dominate the relationship and make all decisions about every aspect of our life together

9) He needs to be an ardent feminist yet be very manly and not a soy boy

10) He needs to understand that yes means 'yes' and no means "no' except when they don't or when/if I change my mind later

11) He needs to be very responsible with money, be completely debt free, and have no problem with my 6 figures of student loan debt, car debt, and credit card debt

12) He needs to understand that we've all had prior experiences - so he cannot mind my children from other baby daddy's but if he's got a child support on him then it's instant disqualification

So given all of the above plus the 6'4 - 6'8 height requirement, penile 7 inches or more requirement, and of course a full head of hair what's the problem? I seriously cannot understand why these women are having any issues finding men. Obviously a man is to blame for this... somewhere.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Had a "discussion" with a female co-worker who happens to be a single mom and complained about not being able to find the right guy.  I shared this with her:

1) Highly successful and hardworking but have plenty of time for me whenever I need or want him around.

2) He needs to be mysterious because tingles but be completely open and honest because of my insecurities

3) He needs to be desperately wanted by every other woman on Earth yet only interested in me

4) He needs to be highly athletic and in great shape but be happy taking me out to eat junk food whenever I want nor care about my obesity

5) He needs to be highly educated and speak 3 languages fluently even if I have a worthless degree in Human services and only speak English and that not very well

6) He needs to hate Trump and be a very liberal "tax the rich to death" kind of person yet have a huge nest egg and lots of money to spend on me

7) He needs to love children especially my children that I had with Tyrone and Chad before I met him

😎 He needs to step up and "be a man" yet let me completely dominate the relationship and make all decisions about every aspect of our life together

10) He needs to understand that yes means 'yes' and no means "no' except when they don't or when/if I change my mind later

11) He needs to be very responsible with money, be completely debt free, and have no problem with my 6 figures of student loan debt, car debt, and credit card debt

12) He needs to understand that we've all had prior experiences - so he cannot mind my children from other baby daddy's but if he's got a child support on him then it's instant disqualification

So given all of the above plus the 6'4 - 6'8 height requirement, penile 7 inches or more requirement, and of course a full head of hair what's the problem? I seriously cannot understand why these women are having any issues finding men. Obviously a man is to blame for this... somewhere.

:hysterical:

Talk about hitting nail on head

19 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Funny!

Friend of mine tried that Match.com site. He late 50s, divorced, grown kids and looking again. So, he shows me some of the profiles for women in the same group, and we were laughing about their ridiculous demands. Besides the fact some make very little money, have clearly screwed situations with kids at home, low education, and many other warning signs; they are looking for rich men to take care of them.... and it isn't like these are very good looking women.  And then they post 20 photos of their stupid looking dogs and cats--- like that is going to seal the deal.

Can you imagine if Match had been around when serial killer Ted Bundy was still alive?

On 1/20/2021 at 2:52 PM, BobDobbs said:

I thought Lady Gaga did an amazing job with the national anthem at the inauguration. Really has the pipes for it and J-Lo did very well too.

I didn't like J Lo's little addition of the Spanish lyrics towards the end whatever they meant, that wasn't appropriate.

I don't like Lady Gaga, at least she didn't try to change anything or add any lyrics to the National Anthem.

Edited by RainbowElf

3 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I didn't like J Lo's little addition of the Spanish lyrics towards the end whatever they meant, that wasn't appropriate.

I don't like Lady Gaga, at least she didn't try to change anything or add any lyrics to the National Anthem.

Have to disagree here. I don't care what language a person sings in as the US does not have an official language per se, and, we should all know Spanish and French IMO anyway since the US borders countries who speak those languages. It is an educational tragedy that all students are not required to be fluent in at least Spanish or French by the time of graduation which is the requirement of every European nation. Just makes Americans look stupid compared to the rest of the world.

Now that national anthem, again, who cares. The US did not even adopt a national anthem, until the 1930's and the choice of something as lame as the SSB proves it was a "name in a hat" choice. The lyrics have nothing to do with America but rather the Battle of Baltimore, the music is an old English drinking song and no one can sing the song correctly anyway because it is supposed to be sung by a chorus, not an individual.

The way Americans revere a song which no one, quite literally gave a single shit about until the 1930's is laughable. And a really bad song at that.