Untitled

apantherfrommd

Japanese culture (as little of it as I know/understand) seems one of the better ones on balance. Japan is the only non-speaking foreign country I would visit outside of some western and northern European countries for the history, architecture and natural beauty. The Japanese seem to have immense self respect and manners, a sincere reverence for elders (which is massively lacking in "the west") and are generally a clean and well adjusted lot. Like I say though, only what I garner from media. My daughter was going to go to Japan on a school trip last year until Covid fucked everything up. If I ever get the chance, I'll take her. She loves Anime and the Japanese culture and is eagerly learning the language. I of course would love to seek out some of those bootleg shops I have seen pictures of. They look awesome. And I believe Japan has some of the best snow for skiing in the world (my wife's boss who ski's has stated that a few times). I don't ski, but I'd try a snowboard (and probably break something).

On 1/25/2021 at 1:19 AM, SteveAJones said:

Ridiculously so. My favorite is if the light says don't walk they will wait for the light to cross, even if it's 3 am and there ain't car in sight on a two lane road.

I like that, I am kind of that way too.I ride my bike down in the South Bay (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beaches) along a bike path just for bikes and pedestrians. And where there are traffic lights and street crossing I will ALWAYS stop at each red and wait, even when there is no cross traffic. Something 95% of other people won't do. Most just ride right through, doesn't matter if the light is red, they don't even slow down.

Too me that makes those riders look bad. People in cars already have a negative view of bicyclist in many places. The opinion is that bicyclists act entitled and ignore the rules... like they are special.  Therefore I am conscience about what others are observing in my behavior. I don't want people to lump me in with the folks who act entitled.  Sounds like that is at play in Japan that way. The importance of how you are perceived by others matters.  

Steve, what is your observation about how mainland Chinese tourists act as compared to how Japanese tourists act?  Because I can tell you over here in California where we get many of both Chinese and Japanese tourists, there is WORLD of difference in the two.

17 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That driver sunk into a deep depression (typical after killing another human) and lasted three whole months before killing himself over the grief.

The driver's family should file a civil suit for damages against the estate of the jaywalker, seeing as the jaywalker's estate received a two million dollar settlement.

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If I ever get the chance, I'll take her. She loves Anime and the Japanese culture and is eagerly learning the language. I of course would love to seek out some of those bootleg shops I have seen pictures of. They look awesome. And I believe Japan has some of the best snow for skiing in the world (my wife's boss who ski's has stated that a few times). I don't ski, but I'd try a snowboard (and probably break something).

I guarantee if she visits she'll never want to leave. I can send directions to the bootleg district prior to your visit.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Steve, what is your observation about how mainland Chinese tourists act as compared to how Japanese tourists act?  Because I can tell you over here in California where we get many of both Chinese and Japanese tourists, there is WORLD of difference in the two.

Chinese tourists are pretty much reviled everywhere. Conversely, when I visited China I was disappointed (but not surprised). 

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The driver's family should file a civil suit for damages against the estate of the jaywalker, seeing as the jaywalker's estate received a two million dollar settlement.

Chinese tourists are pretty much reviled everywhere. Conversely, when I visited China I was disappointed (but not surprised). 

Thanks for the advice Steve, I will let my friend know.

Regarding them there Chinese, I sadly have to agree. A college buddy of mine married a Chinses national back in 92' and man did she and her family take him for a ride. My friend is fluent is over 11 languages (that's his thing, really good with languages and was in Air Force Intelligence) including Mandarin & Cantonese so the linguistic and cultural aspects were no problem. What came as a shock is how xenophobic and prejudice many Chinese are. Its not like they hate white people, they hate anyone not 100% Chinese. She married him to to make it easier for her and her family to come to America so they could open a Chinese restaurant and talk shit about all the non-Chinese customers all day.

According to my friend who visited China on several occasions he said as bad as race relations can be in America, we are all kumbaya here compared to China. They don't have those "re-education camps" just for Chinese dissenters.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, SteveAJones said:

It's like a switch is flipped when they go on vacation though. 

I was in line for a rollercoaster ride at Disneyland and a young man in front of me pulled out a ziplock bag and started filling it with his own urine. The guy was right in front of me, not ashamed or anything. He then gave the bag to his girlfriend/wife and she put it in her purse. Me thinking they must be planning to toss the bag of urine on someone from the ride as a prank, alerted a park employee. At first I thought the Disney employee would not believe me, but he was like, "where, who point him out to me".  The employee then confronted the group of Chinese tourists and spoke to their guide, and demanded anyone with bags of urine leave the que and go to a restroom and dispose of the urine bags, otherwise they would all be forced to leave the park. About 5 people got out of the line.

When I asked the Disney employee about it he said, they aren't doing it is a prank, they think in their mind they are just being polite to use a disposable bag--- otherwise they would just take piss in the bushes.  I said, why don't they just use a restroom, there is one about every 20 yards in the theme park?  He said, they find that to be a personal inconvenience.  I said, well, I don't want to be on amusement rides-- especially roller coasters with people toting bags of urine with them for obvious reason. Exactly! He agreed. Then he leaned in and whispered to me saying, sometimes it isn't just urine in the bags. They find rolled up newspaper in the bushes with feces too.... usually from the children.

DISGUSTING!

18 minutes ago, kipper said:

I was in line for a rollercoaster ride at Disneyland and a young man in front of me pulled out a ziplock bag and started filling it with his own urine. The guy was right in front of me, not ashamed or anything. He then gave the bag to his girlfriend/wife and she put it in her purse. Me thinking they must be planning to toss the bag of urine on someone from the ride as a prank, alerted a park employee. At first I thought the Disney employee would not believe me, but he was like, "where, who point him out to me".  The employee then confronted the group of Chinese tourists and spoke to their guide, and demanded anyone with bags of urine leave the que and go to a restroom and dispose of the urine bags, otherwise they would all be forced to leave the park. About 5 people got out of the line.

When I asked the Disney employee about it he said, they aren't doing it is a prank, they think in their mind they are just being polite to use a disposable bag--- otherwise they would just take piss in the bushes.  I said, why don't they just use a restroom, there is one about every 20 yards in the theme park?  He said, they find that to be a personal inconvenience.  I said, well, I don't want to be on amusement rides-- especially roller coasters with people toting bags of urine with them for obvious reason. Exactly! He agreed. Then he leaned in and whispered to me saying, sometimes it isn't just urine in the bags. They find rolled up newspaper in the bushes with feces too.... usually from the children.

DISGUSTING!

Sounds like something the whacked out hoarders do.

China woman cost 200 dollah.

Get your patriot on with these Memorial Day movies

25 minutes ago, kipper said:

DISGUSTING!

With two you get eggroll :hurrah:

9 minutes ago, redrum said:

Sounds like something the whacked out hoarders do.

China woman cost 200 dollah.

Get your patriot on with these Memorial Day movies

The actress who played the Chinese prostitute was Emmanuelle Arsan who was Thai. She is the one who wrote the Emmanuel series of erotic novels. She would have NEVER sold her body, for money, she just gave it away free as was her's and her husband's lifestyle.

Rumor was that Arsan had an affair with McQueen during the production of he film.  

3 minutes ago, kipper said:

The actress who played the Chinese prostitute was Emmanuelle Arsan who was Thai. She is the one who wrote the Emmanuel series of erotic novels. She would have NEVER sold her body, for money, she just gave it away free as was her's and her husband's lifestyle.

Rumor was that Arsan had an affair with McQueen during the production of he film.  

Interesting. I saw that movie way back in the 80's. (Emmanuelle).

3 hours ago, kipper said:

All I know is those Emmanuel movies in the late 70's early 80's with Sylvia Kristel, holy sweet Jesus! Talk about walking sex. Sylvia was the embodiment of teenage angst!

5 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I work with a Thai chick I thought she was Chinese till she told she was Thai, I can’t tell them apart, not Chinese or Japanese or any other Oriental people’s.

Generally speaking, if they're skinny with bigger lips and t*ts they're Thai. If they've got hips they're Korean. If they're flat chested and aggressive they're Chinese. If they're flat chested and passive-aggressive they're Japanese. If they're all of the above their Filipino.  

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Generally speaking, if they're skinny with bigger lips and t*ts they're Thai. If they've got hips they're Korean. If they're flat chested and aggressive they're Chinese. If they're flat chested and passive-aggressive they're Japanese. If they're all of the above their Filipino.  

:hysterical:

I have always been partial to Koreans, most likely because they REALLY know how to party and are very kind and giving yet outspoken and rowdy. I have dated four Koreans and my biggest mistake was not marrying #4. She was  amazing, I was a fool.

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

:hysterical:

I have always been partial to Koreans, most likely because they REALLY know how to party and are very kind and giving yet outspoken and rowdy. I have dated four Koreans and my biggest mistake was not marrying #4. She was  amazing, I was a fool.

Achtung, baby.

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This lady is skinny and flat chested with thin lips, but she is Thai.