The Vent Thread

FuzzyMerkin

[rant]

Two words: Saudi Arabia. Punish the victim of gang rape why don't you. Now that's justice at its finest. I'm all for respecting different cultures but there is no justification whatsoever for such barabarism. And kudos to all those politicians who pussyfoot around about this topic so as not to piss of the Saudis. I'll be more than happy to pay a lot more for renewable energies if it makes us independent of that scum and their medieval "morals". :angry:

[/rant]

[rant]

Two words: Saudi Arabia. Punish the victim of gang rape why don't you. Now that's justice at its finest. I'm all for respecting different cultures but there is no justification whatsoever for such barabarism. And kudos to all those politicians who pussyfoot around about this topic so as not to piss of the Saudis. I'll be more than happy to pay a lot more for renewable energies if it makes us independent of that scum and their medieval "morals". :angry:

[/rant]

Now are we talking about regular rape or just date rape?

(saving my rant because I am on new medication for that)

:D

mdl2000.gif

310004_silo.jpg

I agree .... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: that's funny~that one guy, what's his name, snatch or whatever cracks me up too?

I have to vent about people who believe they are God or whatever and the only Zep fans alive who know anything. It's been my experience some people have a self esteem issue or something and have to take over everything :blink::blink:

Anyone?

Rolls >>> :wacko:

Yeah, I may not be funny all the time, but I do the things that amuse me, and if someone else laughs, great!! Some times it's good to play the dumbass simply for no other reason than it helps others let off steam. B)

My vent is....People who take the micky or have fun at the expense of others but then when you do it in return do not take it the way I do, which is in good fun !! you have to laugh at yourself and not be sooo up yourself !!!

fell better thanks :D

that one guy, what's his name, snatch or whatever cracks me up too?

:blink::blink:

:blink:

:hysterical:

Snatch!

I think this was done on purpose, but still, I found it quite funny. :lol:

Yeah, I may not be funny all the time, but I do the things that amuse me, and if someone else laughs, great!! Some times it's good to play the dumbass simply for no other reason than it helps others let off steam. B)

I try to find humor in everything. I'm a crabby old bat otherwise, and I end up hating myself by the end of the day if I don't find humor everywhere. <_<

edited because I said "I'm a crappy old bat otherwise," instead of saying "I'm a crabby old bat otherwise..." :lol:

see? I found humor in that! B)

I hate people with uncommon names who nevertheless insist on using their middle initial. Like Jean M. Auel - who bloody cares about the M.?! It's not like she's Jane Smith or anything...there aren't hundreds of Jean Auels walking around, so she feels the need to differentiate herself from the rest. And if she likes her middle name so darn much, just put the whole thing! Is Jean Mary, Jean Michelle, Jean Marinara-Ann, or what? Don't just leave us hanging with that annoying extra syllable for nothing!

I hate people with uncommon names who nevertheless insist on using their middle initial. Like Jean M. Auel - who bloody cares about the M.?! It's not like she's Jane Smith or anything...there aren't hundreds of Jean Auels walking around, so she feels the need to differentiate herself from the rest. And if she likes her middle name so darn much, just put the whole thing! Is Jean Mary, Jean Michelle, Jean Marinara-Ann, or what? Don't just leave us hanging with that annoying extra syllable for nothing!

This is a very good rant. :thumbsup:

I also hate the whole hyphenated last name thing with women who marry. I thought that "for better or for worse" meant you take the man, the hogging the TV remote, the dirty dishes in the sink and his last name too... no matter what it is. :(

In the Los Angeles area we have a bunch of these local newswomen with these annoying hyphenated last names. Most of these women are obviously Latina (but with dyed blond hair and other white girl affectations), but they have these ridculous last names like Maria Gonzalez-Hamilton or Juanita Sanchez-Wigglesworth. It's F-ing ridiculous I tell you! :rant:

I just wish somebody... anybody... would just sneak up behind them with a rock or a big stick and just bash their heads right the hell in.... please.

But what about when a woman's already been established in her carreer with her last name?

Sometimes, it's a hell of a lot easier to change your last name to a hyphenated one to cover all the certifications, degrees, standardized tests, etc., etc., etc., that one's profession has required one to take than to send a hundred thousand letters out with copies of your marriage license and name change papers, etc., etc., etc.,

I will probably hyphenate my name when Dave and I get married. I'll go by his last name for everything personal (i.e. checking accounts, bills, what I want people to call me...) but my professional paperwork and shit, but I don't want to lose credibility in my area because I changed my name---

don't scoff--it happens.

Did I mention that my sister and I are also the last in line to recieve our last names from my dad? My dad was the only actual child of his father--even though his 1/2 brother has the same last name--but that uncle is kind of strange :cough:crazy:cough:

But what about when a woman's already been established in her carreer with her last name?

Sometimes, it's a hell of a lot easier to change your last name to a hyphenated one to cover all the certifications, degrees, standardized tests, etc., etc., etc., that one's profession has required one to take than to send a hundred thousand letters out with copies of your marriage license and name change papers, etc., etc., etc.,

I will probably hyphenate my name when Dave and I get married. I'll go by his last name for everything personal (i.e. checking accounts, bills, what I want people to call me...) but my professional paperwork and shit, but I don't want to lose credibility in my area because I changed my name---

don't scoff--it happens.

I'm sure you will always have an incredible area Mander-moo.

*sniff*

*sigh*

;)

~666

Archived