The Vent Thread

FuzzyMerkin

The SAUDIS - :huh: I wonder what their stance on Teddy Bears is ? ....

....... hope it's not the same as the 'SUDIS' <_<

I believe the conservative Saudi view of teddy bears, is, that you can have one as your girlfriend, but you cannot call it Allah. . .

On a total unrelated note, I'm tired of non-verbal rudeness, whether it's cutting in front of you in line or on the road, rushing up to something so they can get to it first, standing in the middle of a narrow space like they're on another astral plane, all that kind of stuff. Chill out and watch out.

I had a woman at a Mexican food place yesterday at lunch pull into the parking lot after sitting in line at the drive through for about three seconds and almost mow me down (I was walking across the parking lot), and then storm into the restaurant. I was standing at the counter waiting for someone to help me (I had been told that they would be with me in about ten seconds), and when someone came to the counter to help ME, the person behind the counter said, "Who's first?" The lady jumped in front of me, and then turns to me and says, "Oh, were you waiting?"

I said "Yes, I'm waiting."

then she turns back to the counter and orders her food! What the fuck, bitch?!?!?!

I was starving and grouchy. I can't believe I didn't say that out loud! Meanwhile, I decided that perhaps she'd misunderstood me and had thought I was just waiting for my food. but NOOO, she's taking her food out the door and I'm still waiting to place my order.

Bitch. It really pissed me off because she acted like she cared that she may have been cutting me off, then she didn't even acknowledge that I sat there, waiting for triple the amount of time she had to wait.

I need to vent about 'semester credit hours'.

I went to university for four years. I got a degree.

Everytime I apply for a 'good' job, it asks me for semster credit hours. I have NO idea how many damn hours I have. I have ordered my transcripts from the university, but they're taking FOREVER to get here.

It's not even like I'm applying to a job in an area that my degree's in.....who cares how many hours it was if I graduated? I have the damn proof of my degree, that's all that should matter.

DAMMIT.

Did we turn this into the change yer name thread...??? :lol:

I have that effect on a thread once I start to 'vent/rant' on a subject.

But I'm not done on that either..

Damn you women who won't take a man's last name to hell! We take a vow to put up with your shit and all you have to do is take our last name... and THAT's ALL!

well...

Doing the dishes is also expected, but that's all.

and...

We like it when you give us sex whenever we want it, or just whenever we wake up in the middle of the night... but that's sort of nomal isn't it?

I forgot to mention...

Taking care of the children and cooking. I mean, since we kill all the spiders and read the maps, isn't that the least you could do?

... okay, so there are a few more things, but taking our last name is much better than being pissed on to mark our territory isn't it?

Isn't it?

:unsure:

Now vent among yourselves for awhile.

:P

What??

If it wasn't for GPS you guys would never, ever, find your way!

( I am so glad these things are now available to our know how to get there men )

I have a feeling you might like that piss territory thing............................... :D

What would happen if someone married someone with just a first name?

Like Cher, Prince ?

What??

If it wasn't for GPS you guys would never, ever, find your way!

( I am so glad these things are now available to our know how to get there men )

I have a feeling you might like that piss territory thing............................... :D

I have only urinated on people accidentily.

Never intentionally

What would happen if someone married someone with just a first name?

Like Cher, Prince ?

I don't know.

I guess they would just do like Bozo's wife did and go by Mrs. Bozo.

^ :lol: Just a note on Spanish names for those who don't know, you take the name of both parents as a sign of respect to both parents lines, if you are Basque and choose to do so , you can also take the name of your village or province, if you have an ancestor you wish to honor, you can also take their name (appellido). I think it's a proud tradition myself..... for those who find it cumbersome, I'm sure there are plenty of other things in which to focus your controlilng, anal retentive views in this world. :D

Ahh...thus the explanation of the twenty-five part names of some of the Basques I know.... B)

I have that effect on a thread once I start to 'vent/rant' on a subject.

But I'm not done on that either..

Damn you women who won't take a man's last name to hell! We take a vow to put up with your shit and all you have to do is take our last name... and THAT's ALL!

Well...

Doing the dishes is also expected, but that's all.

and...

We like it when you give us sex whenever we want it, or just whenever we wake up in the middle of the night... but that's sort of nomal isn't it?

I forgot to mention...

Taking care of the children and cooking. I mean, since we kill all the spiders and read the maps, isn't that the least you could do?

... okay, so there are a few more things, but taking our last name is much better than being pissed on to mark our territory isn't it?

Isn't it?

Now vent among yourselves for awhile.

:P

Thought that's why we wear rings. :lol: Why is it that men can get away with not wearing one ever? I know that Dave wouldn't be able to wear one all the time because he is a plane mechanic, and he's required to have bare hands. But still--it's totally, 100% immasculaing to wear it around your neck. :lol:

Oh Del--you forgot a few things that we're expected to do as female domestic partners: wash and fold your dirty laundry, cook your dinner, buy your beer, vacuum your house, make the bed you tore apart waking us up in the middle of the night when all we wanted to do was sleep...

:lol:

I do most of the housework, but that's because of our work/school arrangement...

Thought that's why we wear rings. :lol: Why is it that men can get away with not wearing one ever?

At the moment;I'm only wearing two:A skull ring;and my wedding ring.I have enough for every finger,but I don't wear them to work,simply because I don't want to fuck them up.

I'm also wearing three necklaces,and those never come off,unless they're being cleaned.

Are women obligated to wear rings? :huh:

I don't think women are obligated to wear rings, but they usually do. Some men I've known freak out if their "woman" isn't wearing a ring--even if they aren't married! :unsure::huh::o

(but those are also the type of men I'd never be caught dead with...)

ETA: last parentheses bracket

From yahoo news:

Calls in Sudan for execution of Briton

KHARTOUM, Sudan - Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, rallied Friday in a central square and demanded the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad."

The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as pickup trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gillian Gibbons, the teacher who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation. She avoided the more serious punishment of 40 lashes.

They massed in central Martyrs Square outside the presidential palace, where hundreds of riot police were deployed. They did not try to stop the rally, which lasted about an hour.

"Shame, shame on the U.K.," protesters chanted.

They called for Gibbons' execution, saying, "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."

The women's prison where Gibbons is being held is far from the square.

Several hundred protesters, not openly carrying weapons, marched about a mile away to Unity High School, where Gibbons worked. They chanted slogans outside the school, which is closed and under heavy security, then marched toward the nearby British Embassy. They were stopped by security forces two blocks away from the embassy.

The protest arose despite vows by Sudanese security officials the day before, during Gibbons' trial, that threatened demonstrations after Friday prayers would not take place. Some of the protesters carried green banners with the name of the Society for Support of the Prophet Muhammad, a previously unknown group.

Many protesters carried clubs, knives and axes — but not automatic weapons, which some have brandished at past government-condoned demonstrations. That suggested Friday's rally was not organized by the government.

A Muslim cleric at Khartoum's main Martyrs Mosque denounced Gibbons during one sermon, saying she intentionally insulted Islam. He did not call for protests, however.

"Imprisoning this lady does not satisfy the thirst of Muslims in Sudan. But we welcome imprisonment and expulsion," the cleric, Abdul-Jalil Nazeer al-Karouri, a well-known hard-liner, told worshippers.

"This an arrogant woman who came to our country, cashing her salary in dollars, teaching our children hatred of our Prophet Muhammad," he said.

Britain, meanwhile, pursued diplomatic moves to free Gibbons. Prime Minister Gordon Brown spoke with a member of her family to convey his regret, his spokeswoman said.

"He set out his concern and the fact that we were doing all we could to secure her release," spokeswoman Emily Hands told reporters.

Most Britons expressed shock at the verdict by a court in Khartoum, alongside hope it would not raise tensions between Muslims and non-Muslims in Britain.

"One of the good things is the U.K. Muslims who've condemned the charge as completely out of proportion," said Paul Wishart, 37, a student in London.

"In the past, people have been a bit upset when different atrocities have happened and there hasn't been much voice in the U.K. Islamic population, whereas with this, they've quickly condemned it."

Muhammad Abdul Bari, secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, accused the Sudanese authorities of "gross overreaction."

"This case should have required only simple common sense to resolve. It is unfortunate that the Sudanese authorities were found wanting in this most basic of qualities," he said.

The Muslim Public Affairs Committee, a political advocacy group, said the prosecution was "abominable and defies common sense."

Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, spiritual leader of the world's 77 million Anglicans, said Gibbons' prosecution and conviction was "an absurdly disproportionate response to what is at worst a cultural faux pas."

Foreign Secretary David Miliband summoned the Sudanese ambassador late Thursday to express Britain's disappointment with the verdict. The Foreign Office said Britain would continue diplomatic efforts to achieve "a swift resolution" to the crisis.

Gibbons was arrested Sunday after another staff member at the school complained that she had allowed her 7-year-old students to name a teddy bear Muhammad. Giving the name of the Muslim prophet to an animal or a toy could be considered insulting.

The case put Sudan's government in an embarrassing position — facing the anger of Britain on one side and potential trouble from powerful Islamic hard-liners on the other. Many saw the 15-day sentence as an attempt to appease both sides.

In The Times, columnist Bronwen Maddox said the verdict was "something of a fudge ... designed to give a nod to British reproof but also to appease the street."

Britain's response — applying diplomatic pressure while extolling ties with Sudan and affirming respect for Islam — had produced mixed results, British commentators concluded.

In an editorial, The Daily Telegraph said Miliband "has tiptoed around the case, avoiding a threat to cut aid and asserting that respect for Islam runs deep in Britain. Given that much of the government's financial support goes to the wretched refugees in Darfur and neighboring Chad, Mr. Miliband's caution is understandable."

Now, however, the newspaper said, Britain should recall its ambassador in Khartoum and impose sanctions on the Sudanese regime.

___

By MOHAMED OSMAN, Associated Press Writer

:rolleyes:

Let me add a little piece of information:

"The UK is the 2nd largest bilateral humanitarian donor to Sudan. Since April 2004 we have given over £275 million to Sudan (over £145 million to Darfur). The UK has committed £114 million in aid to Sudan for 2007/08. "

http://www.dfid.gov.uk/news/files/pressrel...s/darfur-6m.asp

Have you noticed how incredibly tolerant Islamic countries are? Especially (but not exclusively) those who adhere to Sharia Law...

I think all we need to do is respect their Ideology and simply extend a peace branch to them.

If we weren't just so darn intolerant and bigoted toward them, everything would be just hunky-dory.

I mean ... who are we to judge if it is their system of law to imprison, lash or kill middle aged women for naming teddy bears incorrectly?

I mean, for fucks sake ... she should have known better.

That hateful, intolerant kafir bitch should have been more respectful.

I say we let her get her just desserts...

~666

Let me add a little piece of information:

"The UK is the 2nd largest bilateral humanitarian donor to Sudan. Since April 2004 we have given over £275 million to Sudan (over £145 million to Darfur). The UK has committed £114 million in aid to Sudan for 2007/08. "

http://www.dfid.gov.uk/news/files/pressrel...s/darfur-6m.asp

STOP THE DHIMMITUDE.

~666

Archived