(partial) Minneapolis 75 SB liberated ?

duckman

3 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Isn't it always?😆

Looking at that song list makes me want to cry...I've wanted an early '75 show in soundboard for years and it looks like the only way we're gonna get this one is in dribs and drabs...never ceases to annoy me, these types of tape games...

+1 

On 8/15/2020 at 9:51 AM, Nutrocker said:

Isn't it always?😆

Looking at that song list makes me want to cry...I've wanted an early '75 show in soundboard for years and it looks like the only way we're gonna get this one is in dribs and drabs...never ceases to annoy me, these types of tape games...

You’re right, it’s fucked. Let me know if them yardbirds tapes are any good. 

3 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I've uploaded the partial board to YouTube: 

Awesome man, that was a treat to come home to! 
Page’s fingers were definitely not feeling it for TSRTS. Kashmir was tight! Wanton Song - we want more!!! 
Thanks for posting it

5 hours ago, Flyingzepp said:

Yep, just researched it. 3rd Kashmir ever. Some SBD Levee, Wanton & HMMT would be wonderful.

While I really hope HMMT was played at this show, all signs point to no. 

A newspaper review from that night specifically states that Moby Dick and the brief snippet of WLL were the only pre-LZ IV songs performed. I believe Plant also states on the next show that HMMT was being played for “the first time in a long time.”

That same review states that the show was shorter than expected... which lead to a good amount of booing when the house lights came up. It is strange though that a second encore of Communication Breakdown didn’t happen, especially since many shows in January had it. Maybe it was just so freaking cold in the Met Center that night, the band were in desperate need to GTFO. 

If said songs were performed during this show, it would become an instant classic (and may already as it stands). Everything we’ve heard so far is immensely enjoyable. Plant sounds fantastic (for 75 at least) and while Page may be physically impaired, it doesn’t seem to have affected his energy and enthusiasm. 

2 hours ago, William Austin said:

While I really hope HMMT was played at this show, all signs point to no. 

A newspaper review from that night specifically states that Moby Dick and the brief snippet of WLL were the only pre-LZ IV songs performed. I believe Plant also states on the next show that HMMT was being played for “the first time in a long time.”

That same review states that the show was shorter than expected... which lead to a good amount of booing when the house lights came up. It is strange though that a second encore of Communication Breakdown didn’t happen, especially since many shows in January had it. Maybe it was just so freaking cold in the Met Center that night, the band were in desperate need to GTFO. 

If said songs were performed during this show, it would become an instant classic (and may already as it stands). Everything we’ve heard so far is immensely enjoyable. Plant sounds fantastic (for 75 at least) and while Page may be physically impaired, it doesn’t seem to have affected his energy and enthusiasm. 

I was doing some digging and came to the same sad conclusion...no How Many More Times for the opening night. Of course, newspapers have been wrong before...especially when it comes to Led Zeppelin and the setlist. I still roll my eyes at the newspaper concert review that talked about Led Zeppelin playing "Lonely Lonely Town" and "Oh Baby". 

But hey, even if this newspaper reviewer had it right, I'll still be satisfied with a soundboard "When the Levee Breaks" and "The Wanton Song".

I have to say, this snippet is some kinda revelation for me : these songs sound great--excellent fully dimensional SDB, like the best of the '75s, and also great Plant/Bonzo/Jones. And Jimmy holds his despite his digital fuck-up (far as I can tell , but I'm not a guitarist so I never know what's missing) IMO, Plant sounds healthier than during many a '73 American show, and everyone else seems primed and excited to be back. I can't remember the time-line  but I guess by the third show Plant's voice was flued-into-oblivion? Goddamn shame, coupled with Jimmy's injury. Anyway, I NEED TO HEAR THE REST OF THIS SDB!