The Tea Appreciation Thread

Mona

Tea is the best drink in the world. Not only does it taste good, but it really makes you feel good when you drink it, too. I started drinking tea after my anxiety came back last winter, and since then I've just felt better. Drinking tea regularly has helped me control my anxiety and depression so I can relax, loose weight, and it's helped me with my heartburn as well. That's why tea is so wonderful, is because it is nature's one-in-all medicine.

Any other tea drinkers here?

ME! Great thread, Mona. I like a good Assam mixed with English breakfast (both loose) with milk for the morning and a Darjeeling or light Earl Grey (or both mixed together) in the afternoon. Big fan of Kenya tea as well, but it's not all that easy to find (I already have to import all of my tea from the UK). Taylors of Harrogate Scottish Breakfast is also quite nice. Oolong, Keemun, and Lapsang Souchong, too. Mint teas are lovely after dinner as well. So's chamomile.

Ugh, though, I had the worst tea experience ever this past week in Chicago (at the ever-evil Modern Language Association conference)--for $11.25 plus another $3.25 for the milk (!), I was brought nasty, not hot enough water in a coffee pot which made the water taste of dank, old coffee with three stale tea bags. Bleh.

Any other tea drinkers here?

Oh;yeah.....

I drink tea like most people drink coffee.I don't have a specific favorite;I just like "the usual".I drink it to the point where I honestly can't remember the last time I went a full day without it.

As far as iced tea goes;I drink it like water.As a matter of fact;I'm drinking it right now.I make it myself,I don't like the store-bought shit.

Oh yes indeed, it's tea for me! I'm English, you see, and I like to conform to at least one stereotype, so tea-drinking it is! A standard Tetley's or Yorkshire teabag will do generally. Builders tea just hits the spot sometimes. Also, twinings fruit mix boxed bags or Earl Grey or green tea or peppermint or a particularly interesting box of honey and lemon bags I'm enjoying at the moment. Most of those are for when I'm feeling a little more....refined. Can we do the " Earl Grey-with or without milk?" debate, please? Ooooh-and in what order does one add milk,water and sugar[if any]? How do you build your cuppa, in other words. All very important tea-drinking details, these...Ta-ta!

Ooooh-and in what order does one add milk,water and sugar[if any]? How do you build your cuppa, in other words. All very important tea-drinking details, these...Ta-ta!

Water,sugar,milk.

It's gotta be Vitamin D milk too,none of that 2% or half-and-half shit either....

I never add milk or cream to my tea. It's always honey or sugar, and occasionally lemon.

I can't add anything to my tea if it's hot. If it's cold, it has to have sugar, but if it's hot, it just has to be tea. I don't know why that is.

Does anyone like the Celestial Seasonings teas? They're a company from Boulder here in Colorado, I think their teas are really good. My favorite is the Honey Lemon Ginsing Green Tea. :wub:

I drink about 5 cups of tea a day. More than that if I've got a day off work. I'm on my 4th right now and will have at least 3 more later.

I don't like coffee.

I like tea. Mainly plain old iced tea with nothing in it, but I could go for a hot cup every once in a while.

I don't like to add anything to it either. I tend to like hot tea in the winter time.

I really like chai lattes...let's see how much that counts as "tea."

I'm not a fan of herbal teas, really. I will occasionally have a cup made with jasmine pearls or lavender , but for the most part I prefer real tea.

Hubby loves Celestial Seasonings, though. Especially one called tiger something. It has black pepper in it. (gag!)

I'm not a fan of herbal teas, really. I will occasionally have a cup made with jasmine pearls or lavender , but for the most part I prefer real tea.

Hubby loves Celestial Seasonings, though. Especially one called tiger something. It has black pepper in it. (gag!)

They do have a lot of herbal teas, but they have a lot of real teas too. Lots of green, black and white tea flavors. :yes:

Black pepper? In tea? OK...each to their own.

They do have a lot of herbal teas, but they have a lot of real teas too. Lots of green, black and white tea flavors. :yes:

Black pepper? In tea? OK...each to their own.

LMAO! Why I don't like black pepper in tea is a mystery, because I actually buy Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans just to sift through for the black pepper ones. I love them! But pepper in my tea? Pass!

I didn't know that Celestial Seasonings put out regular teas. I'll have to give them a try.

Anyone a fan of yerba mate? (I know, it's not really tea, but...)

I like tea. Mainly plain old iced tea with nothing in it, but I could go for a hot cup every once in a while.

I don't like to add anything to it either. I tend to like hot tea in the winter time.

I really like chai lattes...let's see how much that counts as "tea."

I LOVE Chai Lattes!! And a good Green Tea Latte too... in general, I love coffee and tea. Have any of you been to a Teavana? I love love love that store! They are spendy but wonderful. I like to get the Rooibos Chai Mate Vana. And they sell beautiful tea pots.

Archived