The Tea Appreciation Thread

Mona

I love tea!! If I drink it hot, I usually have either Green tea, Rooibos, Earl Grey, or perhaps some flavored tea...I have to put lots of sugar in it, and sometimes milk...I also love Chai tea, which sounds pretty good right now, being that it's so cold out...

I drink alot of iced tea in the summer, usually Luzianne tea with lots of sugar and lemon...I also like adding cranberry juice to freshly brewed tea...Really good!! And, I also love peach or raspberry flavored iced tea.

LMAO! Why I don't like black pepper in tea is a mystery, because I actually buy Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans just to sift through for the black pepper ones. I love them! But pepper in my tea? Pass!

I didn't know that Celestial Seasonings put out regular teas. I'll have to give them a try.

Anyone a fan of yerba mate? (I know, it's not really tea, but...)

Yeah, they have tons of regular teas, in various flavors. Definatly give them a try, they're good.

I haven't heard of that. I'm still pretty new to tea, I only started drinking it back in February to help me manage my anxiety. Like I said, Celestial Seasonings is pretty common here because they are local, but we have some Lipton too, some Korean Ginsing Imported tea, and some Bigelow tea.

Snapple has really good iced teas, if you don't have a problem with drinking the bottled stuff. I normally don't like them, but the Snapple ones are really good and not full of a bunch of crap like the other ones are.

I can't add anything to my tea if it's hot. If it's cold, it has to have sugar, but if it's hot, it just has to be tea. I don't know why that is.

Does anyone like the Celestial Seasonings teas? They're a company from Boulder here in Colorado, I think their teas are really good. My favorite is the Honey Lemon Ginsing Green Tea. :wub:

I'm the same way for the most part. I adore my green tea, and I don't want to see anything in that cup but water and a teabag :lol: And the bag stays in until the tea is gone...I love it strong! Occasionally I'll put lemon in Earl Grey. I haven't really branched out much, because I'm perfectly content with my green tea (and the Celestial Seasonings green is very good, in my opinion). There was a tea shop near here that I tried to go to a couple of times (it was always closed on the days I actually could go), but it must have gone out of business or relocated recently.

I just might be known for carrying individually wrapped teabags in my wallet in the credit card slots!

Mona, if you have a health food store near you that sells loose tea, they probably also carry yerba mate. It's not a tea, though. I think it's a member of the holly family. We had a friend from Columbia who turned us onto the ritual of yerba mate. Tradionally, it is drunk from a hollowed out gourd with a silver sipper (basically a straw with holes that filters the leaves from the liquid as you draw it up). It's shared by a group...yes, passed from mouth to mouth! Of course, if that gives ya the heebie jeebies , you can forego the ritual and just drink it. I love it...tastes alittle like grass smells when you first mow it.

Generally I loooove iced tea. It comes from living in Kentucky 95% of my life. My family brews and drinks a gallon of sweet tea a day, on average, and it's wonderful. My mom makes a kind of fruit tea that has grape juice and lemonade in it, and it is absolutely delicious. I drink pitchers of that stuff in the summer. Love it. However, I don't order iced tea when I go out because I'm afraid they'll screw it up. Either it'll be too weak, or it won't have enough sugar, or it'll just be nasty. I like it strong and sweet. So dark so you can barely see through it. Mmmm. And I have to have sweet tea when I'm eating anything with brown sugar and cinnamon. Pop-tarts and sweet tea are generally my midnight snack...

I've learned to love hot tea as well. I'm not fond of chai tea, but Yorkshire and Earl Grey are my favorites. I drink the Yorkshire with milk, the Earl Grey straight. Delicious... I love it. I found a box of Yorkshire at a TJ Maxx in Indianapolis then couldn't find it anywhere and started to freak out because I'd have to have it imported from England (uh, expensive), then realized that TJ Maxx has copious amounts of the stuff. So I have quite a bit of it on hand. Yum... oh, I want some tea now.

Mona, if you have a health food store near you that sells loose tea, they probably also carry yerba mate. It's not a tea, though. I think it's a member of the holly family. We had a friend from Columbia who turned us onto the ritual of yerba mate. Tradionally, it is drunk from a hollowed out gourd with a silver sipper (basically a straw with holes that filters the leaves from the liquid as you draw it up). It's shared by a group...yes, passed from mouth to mouth! Of course, if that gives ya the heebie jeebies , you can forego the ritual and just drink it. I love it...tastes alittle like grass smells when you first mow it.

I don't think I could do the ritual thing. :lol:

Seems like Earl Grey is very popular :) I forgot to add, I also love Lipton sparkling lemon ice tea. My favorite drink in the summer :wub:

I don't generally like black tea (green is my favorite, and I like white too,) but Earl Grey is very good. :D

I don't generally like black tea (green is my favorite, and I like white too,) but Earl Grey is very good. :D

Green tea is great too. My favorite is one with lemon flavor but I also like a grapefruit-lemon one. Pure green tea is also very good. I'm not so fond of white tea, I once tried one with peach flavor and it tasted really strange :P I also don't like tea with cinnamon or milk in it.

Green tea is great too. My favorite is one with lemon flavor but I also like a grapefruit-lemon one. Pure green tea is also very good. I'm not so fond of white tea, I once tried one with peach flavor and it tasted really strange :P I also don't like tea with cinnamon or milk in it.

I make green tea with a few drops of lemon real lemons in it delicious.

I like the peach one. :lol:

Cinnamon is good if there isn't too much of it.

I think I said this before, but my favorite is the Honey Lemon Ginsing Green Tea. *drools*

My sister recently discovered the healthy benefits of tea. A couple nights ago she slipped on ice and brused her knee. It was all red and swollen and she couldn't bend it because it hurt to try, so I told her to put a tea bag on it. She didn't think it was going to work, but within minutes the swelling had started to go down, and in about an hour she was able to bend her knee without any pain.

I get through at least 6 cups a day - always Twinings Earl Grey, skimmed milk, no sugar, milk in first, in a china cup (well, a mug, actually - teacups are too small!). Bliss! My favourite drink of all

In fact, I think I'll go and make one now ...

I switched from coffee to tea a few years ago. There's just too much overhead with coffee for me, since I don't like it black. Too much half and half, sugar, and carbons from the roasting process drains me after a while. Tea is just so much more refreshing. I've felt so much better since making the switch.

The daily standard is a 32 ounce cup of strong plain black tea two or three times a day. I've tried lots of diferent kinds, but Lipton is still my favorite. I let it brew about 15 minutes or so. If it's late in the evening I might go for Earl Gray, also plain.

Plus I hear that tea bags are good for the eyes!

I get through at least 6 cups a day - always Twinings Earl Grey, skimmed milk, no sugar, milk in first, in a china cup (well, a mug, actually - teacups are too small!). Bliss! My favourite drink of all

In fact, I think I'll go and make one now ...

I have to agree with you evermore I still like lipton tea i tried mostly all of them maybe becuase we are use to it.

I switched from coffee to tea a few years ago. There's just too much overhead with coffee for me, since I don't like it black. Too much half and half, sugar, and carbons from the roasting process drains me after a while. Tea is just so much more refreshing. I've felt so much better since making the switch.

The daily standard is a 32 ounce cup of strong plain black tea two or three times a day. I've tried lots of diferent kinds, but Lipton is still my favorite. I let it brew about 15 minutes or so. If it's late in the evening I might go for Earl Gray, also plain.

Plus I hear that tea bags are good for the eyes!

I'm interested to hear what you mean by the carbons from the roasting process draining you. Would you mind to elaborating?

Archived