The Tea Appreciation Thread

Mona

I very much enjoy black chai tea, as a latte-type drink (I usually just add a little creamer and sugar). In the evening, if I need a little help relaxing, I like to drink chamomile tea.. or a glass of wine. ;)

*petulant*

You don't know me, Mandy! Don't even pretend you do!!!! :P

Yes, I LOVE black chai. I always make sure I have 2 boxes of it around in case I go on a huge chai kick (which has been known to happen) and run out of one. That way, there's always SOME handy. :)

I tried to get my mom to try it... she wasn't havin' any of it! :lol:

I like it both iced and hot... it can be so refreshing, and so reviving at the same time. LOVE that stuff!

I make green tea with a few drops of lemon real lemons in it delicious.

I also like the Green Tea. So, Scarlet, do you get a few drops of lemmon by squeezing "real" lemmons ? ? :D:D

Here's the Green Tea I like to use just before retiring.

I add a spoonful of sweet honey:

get-302575.jpg

I love tea! :D

I like English Breakfast best, Earl Grey is nice too B) . There's this place here in Wellington called T-Leaf that sells tonnes of flavours, like chilli, kiwifruit, jasmine blossom etc. I'm not really one for those kinds of teas but their turkish delight tea is quite nice.

I can't stand coffee, I loves me some tea :P:).

yes, i too drink and appreciate tea and herbal tissanes. in front of me here i have:

cinnamon

earl grey

sleepytime

peppermint

green

black

chamomile

i drink some of them for their anti-anxiety and calming effects. others for their health

benefits. i especially like sleepytime tea it's made by a company called celestial seasonings.it has chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries and rosebuds in it. i'm willfully addicted to it, i like to let it steep in water for at least an hour before i drink it. i made some the other evening

with two or three bags and let it steep for a few hours. it put me to sleep, i had really

vivid dreams with sleep paralysis during a 10 hour period..then i fell back asleep again.

for a couple hours. i appreciated that. the flying disembodied heads i could have maybe done without, but ehh you have to take the good with the even better together.

yes, i too drink and appreciate tea and herbal tissanes. in front of me here i have:

cinnamon

earl grey

sleepytime

peppermint

green

black

chamomile

i drink some of them for their anti-anxiety and calming effects. others for their health

benefits. i especially like sleepytime tea it's made by a company called celestial seasonings.it has chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn berries and rosebuds in it. i'm willfully addicted to it, i like to let it steep in water for at least an hour before i drink it. i made some the other evening

with two or three bags and let it steep for a few hours. it put me to sleep, i had really

vivid dreams with sleep paralysis during a 10 hour period..then i fell back asleep again.

for a couple hours. i appreciated that. the flying disembodied heads i could have maybe done without, but ehh you have to take the good with the even better together.

Sleepytime is one of my favorites. My dad and I both drink it every night, because it is very calming and helps us both sleep.

I'm nothing without my morning cuppa..usually drank browsing the forum ;) It has to be strong..just a dash of milk. I drink it even more now as I've limited myself to 1 cup of coffee a day...what excessive coffee does to the body is scary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a tea drinker for about as long as I can recall. As for iced tea, the usual fare for me here at uni is Nestea sweetened and sweetened with lemon (what is in the machines at the cafeteria). At home/girlfriend's home it's usually regular sweet tea (read: U.S. "South") or sun tea (tea bags in a pitcher of water set out in the summer sun), which is less sweet by design. When it comes to hot tea, my girlfriend swears by green tea's dietary function, and I probably have that 2-3 times daily, unsweetened (an acquired taste). I like Darjeeling as well, but Earl Grey is my overall favorite..."tea, Earl Grey, hot." Twinings is my usual brand. In these teas I sweeten with sugar; my Earl Grey does not contain milk. I tried that once (with whole milk) several years ago; the tea ended up tasting almost like bubble gum. Perhaps there was some sort of imbalance among the tea, sugar, and milk, but I decided not to repeat. I usually do not get to make tea in a pot, or even have water in a pot, so the heating of the water is usually by microwave. Purists scoff, but most of the time that's all that's available to me.

I hardly ever drink coffee; only in emergencies does this occur.

Archived